Super Smash Bros. 64 Remix [Update 11/19/15 - Version 1.2.0]

Started by chocodino, April 26, 2015, 09:53:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

April 26, 2015, 09:53:04 PM Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 05:36:01 AM by chocodino


INTRODUCTION
Super Smash Bros 64 Remix is a SSBB mod with the objective of bringing the fun and nostalgic feeling of SSB64 into brawl, without becoming a clone of any of the two, it will control like brawl but also like 64, having a "crossover" feeling on the gameplay aspect.

Things taken from 64 come in the form of no charged smash and air dodges, but characters will still conserve their side specials, crawls and tethers.
Gameplay is mostly focused on combos, so in that sense it a lot like ssb64, in other words "don't get hit".

Changes to the CSS have been done to give a more 64-like feeling, and stages from the original smash bros. have replaced the melee stages, along with a new special mode, characters have been buffed to be able to create more combos and put more pressure on opponents.

DOWNLOAD
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


IMAGES
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


CHANGES
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


v1.1.5
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


v1.2.0
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.



CHARACTER CHANGELOG
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

You should consider adding some N64 stages into the mix. Like, not completely make those the only stages, but have them replace a few of the current stages.

I mean, you ARE making it like a crossover between N64 and Brawl, so why not have the stages be like that, too?
Why are forum signatures so big and obnoxious

Even though it doesnt try to be 1:1 clone, add some N64 costumes but why only 12 characters? I get it, original 12, but all characters can be worked out.
retired

Quote from: faves3000 on April 27, 2015, 12:42:25 AM
You should consider adding some N64 stages into the mix. Like, not completely make those the only stages, but have them replace a few of the current stages.

I mean, you ARE making it like a crossover between N64 and Brawl, so why not have the stages be like that, too?

mainly because I only made this to kill some time [took around 2-3 hours to make], but in the future, if people want a "bigger" version of this, I can make it [although I would first add all the brawl characters, it should take between 4-5 hours ].

but right now I am really busy, so it would have to be in some months [it could wait until SSB64 Pal 16th anniversary.....].

I think right now the most important thing would be opinions, about how it feels, if something should be changed, etc.

and of course, it people want that "bigger" version.

Quote from: SonicTheBrawlhog on April 27, 2015, 12:52:25 AM
Even though it doesnt try to be 1:1 clone, add some N64 costumes but why only 12 characters? I get it, original 12, but all characters can be worked out.

as stated above, I only did it to kill some time, if there is a positive reception, it will be expanded to the entire brawl roster [I already have an estimated amount of time it would require to do it].


Quote from: Mobius on April 28, 2015, 03:14:27 AM
Have you considered joining the Reality 64 team? They're looking for more people.

http://smashboards.com/threads/reality-64-a-smash-64-mod-for-brawl-sweet-16-smash-64-page-19.340730/

Not really, Don't Have much free time, and I think I do enough to brawl [although this is the first thing I have actually made public], also, in this kind of things I prefer to work alone.
But remember, this two projects are really different, and I'm looking forward to Reality 64, whenever it comes out...

And since I'm commenting, how would you and other people think of releasing "Expansion Paks", adding more characters every week or two [on weekends]?

Quote from: chocodino on April 28, 2015, 05:01:35 AMAnd since I'm commenting, how would you and other people think of releasing "Expansion Paks", adding more characters every week or two [on weekends]?

I'm totally down with expansion paks.
Why are forum signatures so big and obnoxious

Update - version 1.0.0

The entire roster is here to smash.

Although I said I wouldn't be able to update constantly, I got some free time, and used it to finish all the Characters, Now there will be no more Expansion Paks, everything comes in the main download.
More info was added to OP, and if someone could make a video of the gameplay and upload it to youtube, it would be great.

P.D. I only tested this on dolphin [currently no access to a wii, and for some reason the game crashed when entering the results screen with the pokemon trainer [sometimes], that is why the pokemons in the CSS are the independent versions. I would like feedback on how this works on actual wii consoles.


Quote from: OCDgamer on May 06, 2015, 01:27:15 AM
Does this work for 4gb SDHC cards?

inside the codes folder there are 2 .gct files, the one by default is only SD, but the other one is SDHC, just delete the original, and change the name of the SDHC to RSBE01.gct


Quote from: chocodino on May 06, 2015, 05:42:57 AM
inside the codes folder there are 2 .gct files, the one by default is only SD, but the other one is SDHC, just delete the original, and change the name of the SDHC to RSBE01.gct

there is a glitch where sometimes after being hit, characters can air dodge. Ive been modding this mod quite heavily. I love what you've done with the engine.

August 13, 2015, 10:35:42 PM #12 Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 10:37:59 PM by chocodino
Quote from: TeddyRoseKidd on August 11, 2015, 01:55:04 AM
there is a glitch where sometimes after being hit, characters can air dodge. Ive been modding this mod quite heavily. I love what you've done with the engine.

Of course it needs a lot of more work, as previously stated, I only put some hours [I believe around 8] into it, I might continue it later [have too many things to do], but if you are willing to tell, what have you done to the base pack? [this way I can see things that need to get better, or some changes that people might like].

mainly I am thinking of buffing everyone, make it possible to consistently shield break [if you know what you are doing] and add some 0 to death combos

Captain Falcon
-Combo up air trajectory sends opponents up on some joints and away on others.
-Weight increased
-Up Special knockback increased
-Dthrow trajectory changed to be more upward
-All around combo game changed to mirror smash 64

Mario
-Added lag on upsmash and strength increased to match smash 64.
-Fair Changed to be his fair from smash 64
-Dair Changed to be his dair from smash 64
-Down Special changed to tornado spin from smash 64
-Up Special Increased
-Weight increased
-Jump height increased

Dk
-Down Special speed increased and lag increased
-Running smash speed increased

Link
-Up special is all around faster
-Up special vertical movement increased

Fox
-Running smash trajectory changed to knock enemies forward instead of upward
-Fair Changed to match smash 64
-Bair Changed to match smash 64
-Weight increased
-Jump increased

Samus
-Weight heavily increased to match her games
-Speed increase

Kirby
-Increased speed on running smash

Falco
-Air mobility decreased
-Jump height increase
-Dair spikes every frame but is strongest on first frame and semi strong on the rest
-Down Special trajectory sends opponents upwards and towards you

Metaknight
-Jumps decreased to 3
-Up air speed reduced

Gannondorf
-Jab speed increased and reduced lag
-Down special used for recover
-Reduced lag on fair
-Run animation changed to his melee

Zero Suit Samus
-No spawning with armor pieces
Stages Swapped out
-Final Destion- Final Destination 64
-Jungle Japes - Kongo Jungle 64
-Mario Circuit - Bowsers Castle
-Green Greens - Dreamland 64 project M remix
-Bridge of Eldin - Hyrule Castle Snow HD remix

Menu Changes
-Background in menus to be outter space looking down towards the earth
-Character select menu changed to be bowsers castle background
-Character select for Mario, DK, Link, and Captain falcon are custom drawn, others are in progress

Global Gameplay changes
-No Auto Sweetspot of the ledge

Quote from: TeddyRoseKidd on August 20, 2015, 09:39:52 PM
Changes

ok, I might be able to put something together by this or the next weekend [v1.1.0], but I will not change the moves/attacks themselves, only their properties. and the auto sweetspot will stay.........but yea, I will try to make something.