Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 [2] 3
Author Topic: The great Pig King himself! PROJECT PORKY MINCH (PSA)  (Read 21911 times)
PigmaskColonel
Advanced Kitten

Mister Maestro

View Profile WWW Awards
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2015, 03:57:05 PM »

Yeah, from what I know, you can't use final smashes for Giga and Wario-Man, as they ARE the final smash... However, the alloys may be able to. I'm not entirely sure, but it seems like that should be possible.

So, yeah. If you ever want to help, just shoot me a PM.

I T ' S   A   M I R A C O L A !

PangEr97
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2015, 04:56:03 PM »

Ahh okay thanks for the tip, I know alloys can from seeing a hacker do so on YouTube.  And yeah if I can manage to teach myself learning how to create hacks and move sets I'll definitely try!

PigmaskColonel
Advanced Kitten

Mister Maestro

View Profile WWW Awards
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2015, 03:11:46 AM »

IMPORTANT UPDATE!

I have a big announcement to make. I've been thinking about the PSA, and how I've wanted to see Porky in Smash. Well, after a lot of thinking, I've decided to make a big change to the PSA: I'm going to make this have Porky in his M3 incarnation, in which he is old. Of course, that also means he's going to have an entirely different moveset, because he'll be in his bed mech from M3. I have downsized the original mech model from his Brawl boss fight, but kept him at a normal size, akin to the mech size in M3. I have also removed the new elements of the mech's Brawl design by removing a polygon, which does unfortunately mean that some parts of the mech's "face" have been removed (the "mustache" and those weird things that hang down, specifically).

I'm sure that some of you may be dissapointed that Porky is now in his mech, however, I believe that this will be for the better. When making the PSA, I've recently felt that Porky not being in his mech just... didn't feel right. Porky is known for being cowardly, and having him doing hand-to-hand combat seemed out of character and a little boring, TBH. I decided to play around with his brawl model and try to make it look like how it was in M3. And, well... Here I am.

The most important aspect of this update is this, though: Porky's moveset is going to be a recreation of his appearance in the fantastic SSB fan-game, Super Smash Bros. Crusade (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDNNNuOU97s). I played this game recently and absolutely loved how Porky was portrayed. So, yeah. That's about it, really!

Here's Porky's new "render" and a size comparison with Lucas.

I'll update the OP soon to match this update. I'll take any criticisms or concerns into consideration.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 04:29:36 AM by PigmaskColonel » Logged

meemoo
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2015, 06:03:09 AM »

This project looks promising, best of luck!

RedipsTheCooler
Expert Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Featured >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19 on: June 26, 2015, 05:26:57 PM »

This moveset seems great! After all, Porky/Pokey IS one of the most important characters in the MOTHER/EarthBound mythos, so why he hasn't gotten a moveset yet is beyond me!

Good luck!

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer Super Saiyan Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #20 on: June 26, 2015, 05:50:59 PM »

... This could be one of the best mods of all time...

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

TheRealHeroOfWinds
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #21 on: June 26, 2015, 10:07:50 PM »

Please don't do Crusade's moveset, or just clean it up a bit at least.

PigmaskColonel
    Advanced Kitten

Mister Maestro

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #22 on: June 26, 2015, 10:13:08 PM »

Please don't do Crusade's moveset, or just clean it up a bit at least.

What's wrong with his moveset in Crusade? I think it represents him perfectly.

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #23 on: June 26, 2015, 10:19:34 PM »

What's wrong with his moveset in Crusade? I think it represents him perfectly.

Agreed.

Want to talk about my pack? Let's take it over here to the Brawl 4 All thread: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=71453.msg1306822#msg1306822

PigmaskColonel
    Advanced Kitten

Mister Maestro

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #24 on: June 27, 2015, 12:07:03 AM »

Also, Nebulon, thank you for you're support. Being my first PSA, don't expect anything amazing. However, when I make the final version at some point (probably a few years from now), I hope for it to be perfect. Like, Marioking64ds Waluigi PSA kind of perfect.

Actually, speaking of versions, I've been wondering something. For v.01, would you guys rather have the PSA out sooner, but very incomplete and buggy? Or would you rather have a version that'll take longer to make, but of much higher quality? I'm personally leaning towards the former, because I have school and other responsibilities that keep me from having the time to test the PSA. In other words, it would make it easier because I could get some feedback on bugs or anything that should be changed as I'm making it. What do you guys think?

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #25 on: June 27, 2015, 12:19:31 AM »

Release him in early versions for feedback and bug hunting. As a pack builder, I would never have been able to find all of the little bugs and glitches in the build I'm working on, were it not for my multiple releases. It's much easier.

That, or have a round table of individuals that you send the latest version to for testing and feedback.

meemoo
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #26 on: June 27, 2015, 12:32:04 AM »

Releasing incomplete versions more frequently definitely seems like the better option here.
    If you need someone to help with CSPs and recoloring, let me know.

PigmaskColonel
    Advanced Kitten

Mister Maestro

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #27 on: June 27, 2015, 01:27:37 AM »

Release him in early versions for feedback and bug hunting. As a pack builder, I would never have been able to find all of the little bugs and glitches in the build I'm working on, were it not for my multiple releases. It's much easier.

Yes, I agree. I think I'll release him once I have, at the very least, all of his tilts, jab, and dash attack done... Or something. I'm not really sure just how much time it will since this is my first PSA. However, I think I'll take this route.

If you need someone to help with CSPs and recoloring, let me know.

I can do any CSS things myself, however, I''m not too familiar with how to do good recolors. You could help me out with that. I'll PM you a download link to a FitLucas00.pac file. You can rip the textures and edit them however you like.
    « Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 01:32:54 AM by PigmaskColonel » Logged

Nebulon
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #28 on: June 27, 2015, 06:20:58 AM »

Yes, I agree. I think I'll release him once I have, at the very least, all of his tilts, jab, and dash attack done... Or something. I'm not really sure just how much time it will since this is my first PSA. However, I think I'll take this route.

I can do any CSS things myself, however, I''m not too familiar with how to do good recolors. You could help me out with that. I'll PM you a download link to a FitLucas00.pac file. You can rip the textures and edit them however you like.

I see. Are you using the animations for the boss as a jumping point, or are those animations incompatible?

Camryn185
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #29 on: June 27, 2015, 08:56:40 AM »

Well, Porky is a coward and he is too afraid to fight, maybe it's better for him to be in his Mother 3 Incarnation, this will be one of the best mods I've ever seen, good luck dude!

Pages:  1 [2] 3
    Print
    Jump to: