Project Wolf Link

Started by windhunter7, June 07, 2015, 11:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Which Brawl fighter should I replace so that both Link and Wolf Link can be played? Hint: Zelda fighters are not on the list for a reason. Please read the post first.

Bowser
2 (1.9%)
Captain Falcon
2 (1.9%)
Charizard
0 (0%)
Diddy Kong
4 (3.7%)
Donkey Kong
0 (0%)
Falco
1 (0.9%)
Fox
0 (0%)
Ice Climbers
2 (1.9%)
Ike
2 (1.9%)
Ivysaur
8 (7.4%)
Jigglypuff (Note: I accidentally forgot to put King Dedede here, so he's at the bottom of the list instead.)
6 (5.6%)
Kirby
0 (0%)
Lucario
5 (4.6%)
Lucas
1 (0.9%)
Mario
3 (2.8%)
Marth
1 (0.9%)
Meta Knight
1 (0.9%)
Mr. Game & Watch
5 (4.6%)
Ness
3 (2.8%)
Olimar
18 (16.7%)
Pikachu
1 (0.9%)
Pit
9 (8.3%)
R.O.B.
5 (4.6%)
Samus
1 (0.9%)
Snake
2 (1.9%)
Sonic
1 (0.9%)
Squirtle
1 (0.9%)
Wario
1 (0.9%)
Wolf
13 (12%)
Yoshi
3 (2.8%)
Zero-Suit Samus
3 (2.8%)
King Dedede
4 (3.7%)

Total Members Voted: 107

June 29, 2015, 05:54:21 PM #30 Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 06:15:53 PM by Sharky
I feel like an idiot, I can't get the program to run, I can't find the application launcher, I can only find the Icon and the uninstall application. ughhhh...

Post Merge: June 29, 2015, 06:03:16 PM

Wait, hold on, I think I got it.

Post Merge: June 29, 2015, 06:15:53 PM

Ooooooh, I think I did it, the model was tiny but it was there and rigged... I forgot what I did in the first place though. 0_o, didn't add the materials to this model so I have to see if textures will work too- just hope it doesn't explode in-game.

Thanks, I really appreciate it.
Coffee fueled gearhead.

June 29, 2015, 07:41:23 PM #31 Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 07:44:19 PM by windhunter7
No problem; and if you did it with Vertex Groups and it looks fine in BrawlBox, it shouldn't explode, as when I was testing importing with Blender, it looked the same in-game as in BrawlBox for imports, regardless of how good or bad they looked.

Also, the model shouldn't be tiny if you use the scale of the PSK export from Brres Viewer.(But you do have to rotate the skeleton 90 degrees clockwise)

Post Merge: June 29, 2015, 07:44:19 PM

Any other questions, just ask, as long as you don't ask for a full tutorial, as I haven't made it yet, since I haven't even extracted the Wolf Link model yet.(And yes, I know where I can get a Wolf Link model, but I wanna be able to extract it myself)

No clue what I did, I messed up the file now the frame is huge and mesh is small, even after centering the mesh around the frame, it blows up when animations are loaded, textures don't work... I tried rotating the model 90deg but after I re-import it, the frame is 90deg from the mesh. (this is in brawl box)

I don't think I have the know-how. I think we should communicate by PM's so I don't clutter up the thread, and only post helpful "ah-ha!" moments.

Thanks again.
Coffee fueled gearhead.

Ok. PM me what you did, because I'm confused about what you said.

This looks promising. *subs*

July 22, 2015, 03:38:14 PM #35 Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 03:45:29 PM by LinkTahuterasuSpirit
Nice i've had an idea for a pack i want to make where one of the Hero of Twilight's taunts involve turning into Wolf Link, but this concept works better with having down-B turn Link into wolf Link. i have a suggestion though, maybe for when Link is Not a wolf he has some of the hidden skills from Twilight princess like in the hero of twilight moveset, though you would probably want to keep the bow and boomerang so you'll haft to figure that out. i like this project

this is amazing, i fully support this wolf link is such a beautiful character and to have him in brawl would be soooo amazing, i truly hope once things are all said and done that someone makes a version for project m aswell

wow this seems like an amazing project...I wish i could help but i only just got back into brawl modding...at best all I could give you is recolor Ideas....

But i will say this, as soon as its out and if there is a project M version[hell even if there isbt] I will DEFINATLEY be downloading this
I WILL GRIND BENEATH MY HEEL...ALL THAT EXISTS!!!

Major update! I finally figured out how to get the Visibility Bones to actually act as what you set them as! ;D

P.S. I also have extracted all the .arc files from @ and A through D. I'm gonna extract every single TP file, and find each item and effect that I need for this import/PSA.

Update: I finished extracting all the model files.(At least I'm pretty sure that the "obj" folder is the only one with models, anyways)

Here's a picture of all the model files from the .arc files that start with the letter 'A', for example:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


The next step will be to name/sort the files to figure out which models are which characters/items/maps/etc. ;D

Hey I am a good PSA maker. I would like to help, I had this idea before but it was just link with his taunt turned him into the wolf. I know how to do that if you need to. I really want to help :).

No thanks. I wanted to learn how to make the PSA myself. Thanks for the offer, though. :)

Could you send me the model, once you are done with that? Just so I can play around with it?

Well, I'm gonna post it on BrawlVault before the PSA, so just look for it there. I'll notify either on this thread or in PM's to the subscribers when I post it to BrawlVault.

Great! Would I have permission to use this in Brawl 4 All Hack Pack?