Project Wolf Link

Started by windhunter7, June 07, 2015, 11:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Which Brawl fighter should I replace so that both Link and Wolf Link can be played? Hint: Zelda fighters are not on the list for a reason. Please read the post first.

Bowser
2 (1.9%)
Captain Falcon
2 (1.9%)
Charizard
0 (0%)
Diddy Kong
4 (3.7%)
Donkey Kong
0 (0%)
Falco
1 (0.9%)
Fox
0 (0%)
Ice Climbers
2 (1.9%)
Ike
2 (1.9%)
Ivysaur
8 (7.4%)
Jigglypuff (Note: I accidentally forgot to put King Dedede here, so he's at the bottom of the list instead.)
6 (5.6%)
Kirby
0 (0%)
Lucario
5 (4.6%)
Lucas
1 (0.9%)
Mario
3 (2.8%)
Marth
1 (0.9%)
Meta Knight
1 (0.9%)
Mr. Game & Watch
5 (4.6%)
Ness
3 (2.8%)
Olimar
18 (16.7%)
Pikachu
1 (0.9%)
Pit
9 (8.3%)
R.O.B.
5 (4.6%)
Samus
1 (0.9%)
Snake
2 (1.9%)
Sonic
1 (0.9%)
Squirtle
1 (0.9%)
Wario
1 (0.9%)
Wolf
13 (12%)
Yoshi
3 (2.8%)
Zero-Suit Samus
3 (2.8%)
King Dedede
4 (3.7%)

Total Members Voted: 107

Of course, as long as you give me credit :)


Update: I think I found all the possible files I might need for the import and PSA, and I started on the tutorial, here: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=75252.new#new

So far, I've done in the tutorial and in reality importing the bones of each of the 4 characters.(The regular bones, not the bones for their objects)

Update: I updated the tutorial quite a bit. I actually finished an entire sub-section. :)

Minor Update: Because of a lot of work helping my family prep for Thanksgiving, and soon to decorate for Christmas, I haven't worked much on this project in these few weeks, but soon I'll continue working a bunch on it. Currently, this update is only that I started to vertex Wolf Link into a spinning Wolf Link, curled up into a ball, to replace Bowser's shell form.

Minor Update: As a continuation of the previous minor update, I have done his tail and below(Including his back legs) into the curled ball form.

keep up the great work hun! seriously cant wait for this mod! hes gonna totally become my main in PM

January 04, 2016, 10:32:41 AM #52 Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 10:34:03 AM by Rai-Zikudo
Hey! I think this project is very ambitious, yet somewhat necessary. I want to put my application in for being an Animator. Except, I know how to use Maya instead of blender.
See, I'm trying to make my own Shadow the Hedgehog PSA, just like you are with Wolf Link. I am also doing the animations for it, which is why I think I can carefully animate things without half-assing it. And I would like to help in any way I can, and perhaps you can help me sometime. :)

Post Merge: January 04, 2016, 10:34:03 AM

Hey! I think this project is very ambitious, yet somewhat necessary. I want to put my application in for being an Animator. Except, I know how to use Maya instead of blender.
See, I'm trying to make my own Shadow the Hedgehog PSA, just like you are with Wolf Link. I am also doing the animations for it, which is why I think I can carefully animate things without half-assing it. And I would like to help in any way I can, and perhaps you can help me sometime. :)

January 04, 2016, 05:42:43 PM #53 Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 05:59:16 PM by windhunter7
Thanks for the offer. There's quite a ways to go before I start the animations, though; still working on the import, but it's slow right now because I'm still working on sorting every single character import in the BV and going through every single forum topic and bookmarking the ones that I may need, which are my priorities, as I may need some of these topics for the importing process, but I wanted to finish what I was doing with the Brawl Vault character import sorting first. I'm still working on Wolf Link a little here and there every once in a while, though, but not as often as ordinarily I would. So, whenever I get around to that, I'd love it if we could team up and you could help me with animations and I could help you with imports! :>

Post Merge: January 04, 2016, 05:59:16 PM

Thanks for the offer. There's quite a ways to go before I start the animations, though; still working on the import, but it's slow right now because I'm still working on sorting every single character import in the BV and going through every single forum topic and bookmarking the ones that I may need, which are my priorities, as I may need some of these topics for the importing process, but I wanted to finish what I was doing with the Brawl Vault character import sorting first. I'm still working on Wolf Link a little here and there every once in a while, though, but not as often as ordinarily I would. So, whenever I get around to that, I'd love it if we could team up and you could help me with animations and I could help you with imports! :>

Minor Update: As a continuation of the previous minor update, I have rotated his core section and finished(I think) his arms into the curled ball form. If my calculations are correct, all I have left should be the head, which'll probably be a doozy, as that thing is oddly shaped with lots of polygons. :P

keep up the good work! im loving the idea of getting a new main ^^

Um... So is anyone watching this topic good with BrawlBox-specific model imports? Because I need help with this glitch here, if anyone can help: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=75945

I will continue vertexing the various forms and making everything the proper sizes and stuff, but I'll eventually need help with this, in order to actually import him properly.

Scratch my previous comment! I've decided to just use 3DS Max for importing fully rigged characters that aren't composed of Single-Binds. However, if you do know the answer to my question here about extending the student version of the program, please let me know.
http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=75973.new#new

Quote from: windhunter7 on January 29, 2016, 10:24:48 PM
I've decided to just use 3DS Max
thats what i told you to use from the start
Quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

February 01, 2016, 03:34:03 PM #59 Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 03:41:06 PM by windhunter7
Maybe, but because I tried to do this with Blender, I did succeed in learning how to import single objects(Or rigged-to-multiple-bones objects, but those require vertexing) with Blender, my favorite 3d modeling program. I could even import any character from any N64 game or from Morrowind or anything like that, since those characters use closed-off polygons rigged to single bones, and aren't skinned. ;) In fact, that's how I WILL import those types of characters, since I know Blender, am used to it, it NEVER causes the blue screen of death, and it isn't confusing. Which is why I never wanted to use Max in the first place, was because I heard it crashed way too often and I heard that it is much more confusing.

Post Merge: February 01, 2016, 03:41:06 PM

I could technically rig any other character like that, but they'd look weird in-game, because higher-polygon'ed meshes are meant to be rigged instead of single-binded.