Smash Wii U Research and Development Thread (Testing possible! Coders needed!)

Started by Soneek, August 02, 2015, 06:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

im more hype about This then i was with any Smash DLCs
becuase this is basically Free DLCs we self make and we wanted
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

Quote from: Large Leader on February 20, 2016, 07:13:25 PM
I guess you don't like super long pointy swords...
das cool ;~;

Also, KJP did some balancing on Corrin, but idk where the video is. He'll probably post it up whenever he remembers this thread exists.

Important: thatsmash4modder (doesn't have a KCMM account, but is on reddit and stuff) found the Allow Interrupt/IASA code. Which is awesome, because we had no idea where to find it before.

So much fun to be had.
yea
i meant first costume replacement via vertex hacking

Quote from: Mariodk on February 20, 2016, 07:26:28 PM
im more hype about This then i was with any Smash DLCs
becuase this is basically Free DLCs we self make and we wanted
also filereplacement in the wii u will be more easy
once tools come out
games can be dumped into eshop sorta versions where u can probably add all the Custom DLC u want.
it is already possible to edit these sorta eshop versions to load different content than the original without using a patch process, just rewriting stuff

Quote from: Mariodk on February 20, 2016, 07:26:28 PM
im more hype about This then i was with any Smash DLCs
becuase this is basically Free DLCs we self make and we wanted

The best part is that we have so many more things to play with. The only down side is that we'll want more things to play with than we even have now.

It's just amazing. We can make PSAs that revolve around stance switching with attribute changes built-in, thanks to Shulk. We can have PSAs stop a single character and beat them up, thanks to Bayonetta. We have so many unique final smashes that we can repurpose. We have even MORE transformation final smashes that can be customized to our liking. We have Villager with the tree mechanic along with all those projectiles. Heck, we have Corrin with his Dragon Lunge thing to pin a single person. We even have Ryu with Street Fighter inputs!

Smash4 honestly feels like the holy grail with having (mostly) everything we wanted.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.


Quote from: Large Leader on February 20, 2016, 07:13:25 PMAlso, KJP did some balancing on Corrin, but idk where the video is. He'll probably post it up whenever he remembers this thread exists.
I know this thread exists. :v
! No longer available

Here's what's shown.
-Nerfed Counter Surge (reduced knockback and knockback growth).
-Allowed interrupting early with Ground Side Special and Side Special Pin Jump (though I might delay the Pin Jump Interrupt by a few Frames, as the momentum carried is a bit much).
-Buffed Up Special (final hit has increased knockback).
-Buffed Neutral Air (halved startup and earlier autocancel).

I made more edits that weren't shown.
-Forward Air and Up Air can autocancel earlier and interrupt earlier.
-Up Air comes out a Frame earlier and its hitboxes last a Frame longer.
-Back Air has slightly more horizontal momentum and has reduced startup.
-Down Air has a final hit to make the move worth using.

I also made a minor edit to Diddy Kong that gives him back his Hoo Hah (though I slightly nerfed the restored Hah to not be so ridiculous) and made various speed adjustments to Palutena. Neither of these have footage yet though.

Once the Wii U exploit is public, what I want to do is make every character at least viable and not trash. I'll be leaving higher tier characters alone, unless they have something blatantly broken or something I want to adjust.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Quote from: KingJigglypuff on February 20, 2016, 08:21:00 PM
Once the Wii U exploit is pubic, what I want to do is make every character at least viable and not trash. I'll be leaving higher tier characters alone, unless they have something blatantly broken or something I want to adjust.

So... basically the Project M mentality for balancing?

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Quote from: Velen on February 20, 2016, 09:05:05 PM
So... basically the Project M mentality for balancing?

Why push two sets of levers and make things complicated when you can just push one?


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

so smash 4 has the possible to be more mod friendly then Brawl is?
i mean like for port  projectiles from charater to charater(as i dont even think we can in brawl: has kinda just returned to the forums so not followed up so much on this)
and port like bayo´s down-B counter for slow time to others & maybe other charater´s special Grap/whatever
I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later


Quote from: GameWatching on February 20, 2016, 09:30:28 PM
time to turn sm4sh into an actual good game.

[censored], I love you, pal. ^_^

So, I wonder when we can expect to be able to inject our own stuff? I can't wait till that exploit is released. My Wii U be ready.

Quote from: GameWatching on February 20, 2016, 09:30:28 PM
time to turn sm4sh into an actual good game.
Go back in to hiding, you. :v
[white]: SW-2632-7270-6724[/white]


One thing we should really look into is stage hazards and how they are operated. While all these char advances are amazing, our (Brawl) stages are still very limited in what we can do with em.
Kit's Youtube of Combos and Randomness
Also featuring a Deviantart page full of random images I make
Official FaceBook Page to get a hold of me, catch up with what I'm doing, or just like me!



Quote from: Ӄit ßallarɖ on February 21, 2016, 01:19:44 PM
One thing we should really look into is stage hazards and how they are operated. While all these char advances are amazing, our (Brawl) stages are still very limited in what we can do with em.

Yes, especially since one plan is to port all 3DS stages to the Wii U version, as well as cut stages from past games. We'll be fine for 1:1 collision porting at least for the 3DS stages, but we need to get hazards and animations figured out.

All these advances... it's settled then.

MY MOTHER[censored] 3DS CAN GO [censored] ITSELF UP THE [censored]ING [censored] UNTIL IT'S INSIDES EXPLODE INTO [censored] AND IT GETS ALL-OVER THE [censored]ING [censored] FLOOR.

I need a Wii U.

Quote from: TheRealDylanator on February 21, 2016, 10:53:01 PM
All these advances... it's settled then.

MY MOTHER[censored] 3DS CAN GO [censored] ITSELF UP THE [censored]ING [censored] UNTIL IT'S INSIDES EXPLODE INTO [censored] AND IT GETS ALL-OVER THE [censored]ING [censored] FLOOR.

I need a Wii U.

Aside from the copious amounts of caps, did you self censor yourself?

Also, we can't change most character's hair colors. Might whip something up to test and see if it works.


Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.