Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is it possible to play a Mod on your Wii without Brawl disk?  (Read 3784 times)
omegafalcon
Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: September 08, 2015, 09:30:14 AM »

Is it possible to play a Mod on my Wii without using the Brawl cd? My Brawl cd isn't in the best condition thanks to my little siblings and the game keeps freezing and I keep hearing that horrid horn like noises.

[SIG REMOVED: Please follow the signature height and width rules.]

windhunter7
BrawlVault Gatekeeper
Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 09:39:19 AM »

Are you sure it's not the mod that's causing the freeze? Because I've had a broken disc drive before, and all it did was change the screen to white background and green text, saying something along the lines of "Please Insert Disc"; I'm highly certain that a scratched disc would yield that same effect, so I'm over 95% sure that your problem is, in fact, the mod, and not the actual disc. To test it, you can try removing your SD card and play normal Brawl, and see if it still plays with intermintent freezing or beeping at all.

UltIMa647
    Expert Kitten

Dogemar: President 2016. Very Great America. Wow.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: September 15, 2015, 04:03:37 PM »

I kind of broke my disk trying to fix it. Is it possible to actually do this (mod without disk, not fix the disk, even though that would be helpful)?

Some people can't handle the yeyness

I take CSP, BP, and Stock requests! PM me or go to this topic: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=75134.0
    I also take Texture requests! PM me for those!

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Featured Star Hacker Super Saiyan Topic >9000

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2015, 01:49:51 AM »

Look up a  USB Loader. i'd recommend "CFG USB Loader" its one of the easiest to set up.

omegafalcon
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: September 16, 2015, 05:45:13 PM »

Are you sure it's not the mod that's causing the freeze? Because I've had a broken disc drive before, and all it did was change the screen to white background and green text, saying something along the lines of "Please Insert Disc"; I'm highly certain that a scratched disc would yield that same effect, so I'm over 95% sure that your problem is, in fact, the mod, and not the actual disc. To test it, you can try removing your SD card and play normal Brawl, and see if it still plays with intermintent freezing or beeping at all.

I tried all of this, when selecting Captain Falcon on the CSS it freezes, The Mod I was using was PM, and the disk is also cracked in a few places.

In any case since posting this my Brawl disk has completely cracked in half Sad so now there's no possible way to fix using it with the disk.

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2015, 01:27:35 AM »

See my above response. my disc drive burned out long ago. i've used that instead since with no issues.

omegafalcon
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: September 18, 2015, 11:47:37 AM »

See my above response. my disc drive burned out long ago. i've used that instead since with no issues.

What does the USB Loader do?

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2015, 01:09:44 AM »

it loads an ISO from a USB device. if you don't have an external HDD you can easily use an 8 gig flash drive instead for brawl. or even an SD card. since you have brawl already its legal to download it from a torent as a back up. unfortunately can't link you to a torrent as its against the rules. but it will run just like if you had the disk with the added  bonus of much faster loading times.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: