[Expert] How to Port Smash 3DS/Wii U Animations for use with Brawl Skeletons

Started by KingJigglypuff, December 17, 2015, 12:21:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Quote from: SmashHero on December 24, 2015, 08:44:24 PM
The 1/4 speed fix thing doesn't work. The keyframes are still buggy.
I can understand Unroll Rotations not working (as that didn't work for me), but even the Euler filter on the Graph Editor didn't work (assuming you even used it) for you?
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Nope. Even the Euler Filter won't work.
Is the euler filter supposed to fix the huge difference between values in some parts of the animation?
(for example: a value of -140 turns into a value of 1050 in the next frame)

Did you bake with Unroll Rotations then select all the baked bones before applying the Euler Filter? Mind telling me what exactly you did? So I can see if it's an issue on your end or not.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Alright.
I baked the animation and I made sure that Unroll Rotations is selected. Then I opened the Graph Editor while selecting all baked bones, I selected all keyframes and applied the Euler Filter. That's it.

You select Curves, not Keyframes. Though so I can take a look myself, which character are you porting an animation for and which animation are you porting?
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

ZSS's SpecialHi animation. I'm also planning on porting Megaman's animations.

You're either not doing it right, have incorrect settings in one or more places, or it's solely an issue on your end, as it doesn't flip out on 1/4th for me when I do it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hjr5ph08kqlwfo4/Animations.brres?dl=0
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Alright.
Thanks for the help! I'll try to follow EternalYoshi's tutorial again. Hopefully I'll be able to fix it.


Where do I get the animation .bch files for the characters? I can view and export the models in Ohana just fine, though.

From the same download you got the 3DS models from that's in the OP. They should be in the motion folder.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Could you use a different Smash 4 character's animation and skeleton for a Brawl character? Like wanting to give Marth Shulk's down smash, would the tutorial still work fine, or would the brawl model look deformed as the smash 4 animation plays out?

In that case, think of trying to give Marth Link's Down Smash. The animation would play out, but Marth's bones would use Link's bone translations.

Not sure what would happen with what you want though. You can try it though.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]


Bumping, as the OP has been updated with the Smash 3DS files for patch 1.1.4.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]