Project M Homebrew Download Help

Started by NewbieHacker420, January 27, 2016, 01:29:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Hi! I cannot download Project M. I have tried hackless and homebrew to no avail. A walkthrough would be appreciated.  :-\

A complete description of the issue would be appreciated. Otherwise, a google search would be in order.

January 27, 2016, 01:37:12 AM #2 Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 01:38:37 AM by NewbieHacker420
Quote from: The KCMM Lurk Vet on January 27, 2016, 01:33:35 AM
A complete description of the issue would be appreciated. Otherwise, a google search would be in order.
Everytime I download PM, I can't use it. It won't show up in Stage Builder (Hackless). On Homebrew, I had to manually put the PM launcher in the apps folder, and it showed up. When I launched the PM launcher and pressed play, it took me back to the home menu.

Did you try the hackless method more than once? Because sometimes, PM just glitches on that part, and restarting it works.

Would I be able to use PM Hackless on a hacked Wii if I don't load with Homebrew?

Yes. First, delete every custom stage, including the ones that Nintendo made as examples. If you download PM Hackless, put everything on the root of your SD card(I heard that it has to be a 2 GB SD card; I think there's a workaround if it's more than that, but I'm not sure what it is), then, just load up regular Brawl and go to the stage builder; if the screen goes black for a second, then it should load up fine. It may take a few seconds. If nothing happens, try pressing the B button to go back; if you cannot go back, that means that there are either still custom stages, or PM just bugged as it will occasionally do; so delete any remaining stages(If applicable) and try again, and it should work fine. If you CAN go back, however, that means that it's not put in the right place on your SD card and/or it's the wrong size.

January 27, 2016, 08:08:00 PM #6 Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 08:33:33 PM by NewbieHacker420
I am unzipping PM right now.

Post Merge: January 27, 2016, 08:33:33 PM

Quote from: windhunter7 on January 27, 2016, 06:27:01 PM
Yes. First, delete every custom stage, including the ones that Nintendo made as examples. If you download PM Hackless, put everything on the root of your SD card(I heard that it has to be a 2 GB SD card; I think there's a workaround if it's more than that, but I'm not sure what it is), then, just load up regular Brawl and go to the stage builder; if the screen goes black for a second, then it should load up fine. It may take a few seconds. If nothing happens, try pressing the B button to go back; if you cannot go back, that means that there are either still custom stages, or PM just bugged as it will occasionally do; so delete any remaining stages(If applicable) and try again, and it should work fine. If you CAN go back, however, that means that it's not put in the right place on your SD card and/or it's the wrong size.
I put my SD in with PM Hackless unzipped on the root of the SD, I loaded up Brawl, went to Stage Builder, nothing happened, and I was able to go back to Vault. My SD is a Wii 2.00 Gigabyte SanDisk.

Is your Wii a PAL or NTSC? Because Project M ONLY works with NTSC Wiis.(NTSC meaning North America, and PAL being countries other than in North America or Japan, if I remember correctly)

January 27, 2016, 08:59:28 PM #8 Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 09:08:42 PM by NewbieHacker420
Quote from: windhunter7 on January 27, 2016, 08:52:25 PM
Is your Wii a PAL or NTSC? Because Project M ONLY works with NTSC Wiis.(NTSC meaning North America, and PAL being countries other than in North America or Japan, if I remember correctly)
My Wii and SSBB disk are NTSC.

Post Merge: January 27, 2016, 09:08:41 PM

Also, I will show you my SD Files.



With the hackless Project M on your SD card, what should be in the picture that IS there are the "codes" and "private" folder(Though I'm not entirely sure that it's in there); what should be on the root of the SD card should also be the "projectm" folder, along with "boot.elf" and "gameconfig.txt". And I couldn't help but notice that there's a random folder called "nohomebrew3.6"? Which, if my guess is correct, is PM hackless? You're supposed to put the stuff from there onto the root, not leave it in the folder, which I believe is why it isn't working.


No problem! Glad you got it to work! :)

Quote from: windhunter7 on January 28, 2016, 02:01:15 AM
With the hackless Project M on your SD card, what should be in the picture that IS there are the "codes" and "private" folder(Though I'm not entirely sure that it's in there); what should be on the root of the SD card should also be the "projectm" folder, along with "boot.elf" and "gameconfig.txt". And I couldn't help but notice that there's a random folder called "nohomebrew3.6"? Which, if my guess is correct, is PM hackless? You're supposed to put the stuff from there onto the root, not leave it in the folder, which I believe is why it isn't working.

Wait, so all of the contents in the folder should go directly to the root of the SD card? Or just the "projectm" folder?

The NoHomebrew3.6 folder contents all go in the SD card root, and the projectm folder is one of the folders in that folder, and will now be in the root

Quote from: windhunter7 on January 27, 2016, 06:27:01 PM
Yes. First, delete every custom stage, including the ones that Nintendo made as examples. If you download PM Hackless, put everything on the root of your SD card(I heard that it has to be a 2 GB SD card; I think there's a workaround if it's more than that, but I'm not sure what it is), then, just load up regular Brawl and go to the stage builder; if the screen goes black for a second, then it should load up fine. It may take a few seconds. If nothing happens, try pressing the B button to go back; if you cannot go back, that means that there are either still custom stages, or PM just bugged as it will occasionally do; so delete any remaining stages(If applicable) and try again, and it should work fine. If you CAN go back, however, that means that it's not put in the right place on your SD card and/or it's the wrong size.
So to install PM, you need to delete the stages... If the SD is SDHC then it won't read when loaded in stage builder. You'll know if it reads if you are able to copy screenshots, stages and replays on your Wii to your SD device (when not using hacks).