Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Creating 3D Models and textures  (Read 7421 times)
MisforMod
Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: February 13, 2016, 08:04:38 PM »

Hey guys! I'm new to the mod creation scene. For a while now I've enjoyed other peoples mods in skyrim and Project M. I love both of the games, and beyond materials that are already given to me via brawl vault and the skyrim creation kit and nexus Mods, I am totally helpless at making my games look awesome. I want to learn how to create my own Models and textures, so I can contribute to this community instead of just taking. I made a Video Modification and Design Club at my school, and the mods I use are regularly used and admired by the circle of gamers in our school. I'm also interested in animations, move set creation...... really all things mods, but the most important is skin creation, since it would seem that is the best starting point. Resources such as software pointers and sites that offer advice and tutorials would be much appreciated!!!!!

windhunter7
BrawlVault Gatekeeper
Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 08:30:23 PM »

Well, if you know anything about using Blender or MS Paint, you can check my links in my sig for tutorials on texture making and model importing. Wink

Note: If you want to import a full character and don't want it blocky-looking like a Morrowind character(i.e. How each body part would be one model attached to one bone in the game), you'll have to get 3DS Max or something, since, at the moment, unless someone else comes up with another work-around, Blender can't import those kinds of characters.

MisforMod
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: February 14, 2016, 11:36:36 AM »

Thank you so much! would i be able to work any textures using the adobe cloud programs? I mean I have already modified the original textures using photoshop to change colors, add my club's logo, simple things like that. Kirby Dance

Afterthought
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Ninja Renowned Hacker >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: February 14, 2016, 11:52:18 AM »

Thank you so much! would i be able to work any textures using the adobe cloud programs? I mean I have already modified the original textures using photoshop to change colors, add my club's logo, simple things like that. Kirby Dance

Of course you can use Photoshop (and the other Adobe design programs for that matter). Actually, don't try to use MS Paint at all, that's an absolutely terrible tool to use for this caliber of work.

so im just saying hopefully somebody can look into this if not ill probably take a shot at it later on because right now im too busy partying with some [censored]es

MisforMod
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: February 14, 2016, 01:51:02 PM »

Ok so I've generated these costumes and effects using photoshop and brawlbox v0.71. The costumes are on the right. the Phazon Samus, Golden Helmet, Wolf/Sonic, and Shovel Knight are not of my own doing. the next step I want to take is character generation, like Wolf/Sonic and Shovel Knight.

Afterthought
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: February 14, 2016, 01:54:22 PM »

The costumes are on the right. the Phazon Samus, Golden Helmet, Wolf/Sonic, and Shovel Knight are not of my own doing. the next step I want to take is character generation, like Wolf/Sonic and Shovel Knight.

I apologize, but what do you mean by "character generation"?

so im just saying hopefully somebody can look into this if not ill probably take a shot at it later on because right now im too busy partying with some [censored]es

MisforMod
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: February 14, 2016, 01:56:55 PM »

Like the models mainly. Say if I wanted to make Samus into..... Zero from boderlands. A model overhaul instead of a texture modification, although with a new model, you would need different textures too i suppose.

Afterthought
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: February 14, 2016, 02:13:04 PM »

Like the models mainly. Say if I wanted to make Samus into..... Zero from boderlands. A model overhaul instead of a texture modification, although with a new model, you would need different textures too i suppose.

Oh. Yeah, of course.

You'll need 3DS Max, modeliing experience (or already-ripped models) and a lot of patience. Don't even try with Blender, it's a complete pain to get any of that working properly.

MisforMod
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: February 14, 2016, 02:18:10 PM »

awesome thanks!

Afterthought
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: February 14, 2016, 02:24:23 PM »

You're welcome. c:

MisforMod
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: February 14, 2016, 02:37:11 PM »

alright 3DS Max is installing as we speak. I am curious- Will 3DS be able to change files like pikachu's thunder? the only reason I could change samus's charge is because it was a PNG, but Pikachu's lightning, for instance, is an unknown data cluster. I have modded in other similar particle effects like fox's laser and fire, but only because I yoinked the color data clusters from other mods and merged them into the original PM3.6 file. (I did this because the people I got the Mod from used the original movesets and particle effects from brawl)

Afterthought
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: February 14, 2016, 03:10:53 PM »

Looks like Pikachu's Thunder is in FitPikachuMotionEtc. You gotta go into the last ModelData[0] inside of FitPikachuEtc, and the TextureData[0] above that has the textures for the electricity.

Model:

Texture:

Mess around with the stuff there and see what you can do.

MisforMod
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: February 14, 2016, 03:18:07 PM »

0.o awesome thanks for the help!

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: