Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Transforming brawl into Smash 4 mod idea [Looking for help]  (Read 2711 times)
Drevis2
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: April 04, 2016, 07:23:24 PM »

Hello, all! I'm not a super amazing Smash modder yet, although I'm learning things quickly, but I have an idea that I would like to make a reality. Making a "Super Smash Bros for Wii" or simply said, making brawl as close to sm4sh as possible. I'm pretty sure I saw 2 other mods trying to do this, but there are some things that separate them from the official smash 4 game, I want my mod to be AS CLOSE to Sm4sh as possible. I will make the damage outputs and frame data the same as in sm4sh, and match the jump height, fall speed, mobility, ect. to match smash 4 as well, and of course editing the textures or even getting the models from smash 4 (we will most likely have to make them less quality though so they can work on wii) There is also more we could add to make this closer to smash 4. Now, the reason I'm posting this is because I know I can't do this alone, I can edit frame data(mostly, still learning), edit textures, vertex hack, gonna learn how to make simple stage hacks (unless stages are easier to make than i thought and i can make complex one es$) and I .can easily put most kinds of hacks into the game. But I need people who can make more complex stages, be able to edit moves of the characters really well, or even make custom characters, and somebody who can mod sounds into the game and edit menus. We need a lot more than this as well, but these are some general stuff that we will probably need help with the most. Also, you don't have to fit these requirements, as long as you know something useful about modding, you can join. (Unless we somehow get a huge amount of members and don't have enough room for more)

Also, I'm debating over if we can use other people's mods (there are some really good sm4sh stage mods for brawl out there) but if we do, we should ask permission and definitively give credit.

Also, I don't have a name yet, because the best one I could probably use is 'Super Smash bros for Wii' but thats already taken by another mod that has a similar purpose to this, and there is another mod that has another name taken. I don't remember what the name was, but i remember it being another good name that I don't wanna copy from other people. But we will think of our own name I'm sure, even if it's kinda dumb. Rly wish i could use smash for wii though. ;-;

if you want to join, you can talk to me through here, but I have a skype group for this and I would recommend that the most, however you don't have to have skype to do this. (Maybe I'll make some kind of chatroom somewhere in the future we can do this at.)

Also, before I go, I must add this beautiful beast. -> Kirby Dance

I really can't think of a good signature...

darmun123
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2018, 07:19:58 PM »

If i knew how to mod, i would help you, since i was also looking for a mod like this, but this was forgotten. RIP.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: