Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Cloud Strife v2.5: PSA-Specific Feedback Thread  (Read 21995 times)
LavaLatte [.Fade]
.Paradox'd
Supreme Kitten

• Awards Renowned Hacker Hot Topic Star Hacker Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « on: April 29, 2010, 04:25:35 AM »

Cloud Strife

Download Link:
    Version 2.5

Info, pics and details will be updated eventually.

Post any graphic or moveset-related problems here while you wait.
    « Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 06:57:59 PM by .Fade » Logged

dingo
    Angel Kitten

Il Matto

• Awards >9000 Troubleshooter Pin Collector Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 04:27:54 AM »

There's apparently some graphical errors. Do those go here too? Tongue

Reiner
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 07:07:25 AM »

I don't really have much/any problem with this. In fact, I think it was well done. Though, it is a bit hard to get used to the aerial switch of D- B and N- B.

I must say, I like what you did with the U-Smash.

Climhazzard is an amazing move for combos. I would say it's quite well balanced.

The new finishing touch seems like a good change. Although, it seems quite strong - strong enough for a KO.

It seems like Fire was adjusted to a more playable level. Although, its fully charged attack still seems to be an easy KO at higher damages.

The low-level omni-slash is still quite strong, but it's a little harder to control this time around. I think that evens it out and makes it more playable.

Also, I enjoy the new sound effect for the F-Smash.

Note for Fire: Uncharged, it still has a good deal of knockback and can be abused for ledge-guarding.

I must say I enjoy this PSA, well done.

???
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 01:39:16 PM »

May I post a graphical glitch?

LavaLatte [.Fade]
    .Paradox'd
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Renowned Hacker Hot Topic Star Hacker Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: April 29, 2010, 01:59:58 PM »

May I post a graphical glitch?

Sure, those belong here too.

???
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: April 29, 2010, 02:17:51 PM »

Freefalling from B^ make his arms do that.

Ivzakau
    Advanced Kitten

Ivzakau

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: April 29, 2010, 02:25:26 PM »

lol i love the cloud psa it's just he hits so hard and he's so little

dingo
    Angel Kitten

Il Matto

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2010, 02:29:31 PM »

I'm looking at the motion pac and the shoulder bones seem to be off Ike's original bone translations a little too much.

Kaye Cruiser
    Waveshocker Sigma
    Holy Kitten

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: May 02, 2010, 12:07:32 PM »

CPU Cloud is effing cheap! D<

Just like CPU Marth Aeon and CPU Mewtwo. XD

This is awesome though. It's actually pretty cool watching Ike use Cloud's moveset too. :3

Reiner
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: May 02, 2010, 05:56:26 PM »

I would like like to make note that Blade Beam (Down B - ground) has a rather large reach and potential for spamming...

DMN666
    Dawn/Hikari fanatic!
    Holy Kitten

Meh

• Awards Pin Collector Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2010, 02:14:03 PM »

Why is 1 of his arm still looks like a twig.

Humble
    Extreme Kitten

Seriously trying to be less inactive

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: May 07, 2010, 10:52:22 PM »

Cloud is overpowered.  I'll edit my post with explanation.  

EDIT:
    First of all, Cloud is based off Ike.  Ike is a character with great range and power, and to compensate for that he lacks projectiles and is really slow and punishable.  What you have done for cloud is take his amazing range and power, and then made him lightning quick with projectiles.  I'll break it down for you so you can see why I think he is currently too good.

He moves fast; his run is fast, he jumps fast, medium fall speed, great aerial control and speed.  He can weave like wario, which simply put is far too great an ability for a character who is also extremely fast attacking (like MK, who has terrible aerial movement) with great range. 

He has almost no landing lag on ANY of his moves.  It is pretty ridiculous, he can pressure incredibly well, link tons of hits, and doesn't have to worry about being punished, because almost none of his moves have punishable landing/ending lags.

He has fantastic range, far too great.  Ikes fair is considered good because it has the largest range of any fair in the game.  It was balanced because it had starting, ending, and landing lag which made it situational move to use.  So naturally you kept the best part of it, the range, and then made it incredibly fast to start, a lingering hitbox, fast to end, and with 0 landing lag.  You can use fairs to link together, you can fair to any followup, you can fair a shield and laugh at their inability to punish...Cloud can just throw this move out any time.

His dair is an incredibly fast to start, super fast falling spike that has little end lag.  You can use dair, spike them, then up-B immediately out of it and fly back to the ledge while they get spiked to their doom.  And they can't really react, because Cloud has MK like speed.

His nair and uair are almost immediate to start, huge range, great pressure, and almost no landing lag.  So once again, great speed and range, and unpunishable.  Yes, Cloud is like MK with better movement, projectiles, and kill power. 

His projectiles are good, down-B out of a dash gives an enormous slide akin to a snake dash except instead of the projectile going up, cloud shoots it ahead of him.  -__- 

His smashes...Well, Fsmash is fast, good range, killing power, and good damage.  Usmash, good range and killing power.  Dsmash good damage and killing power. 

His B, his fireblast, is like MKs dair, only 3x as big.  -__-  Overpowered edgeguard...get!
    He can jump over the ledge, fireblast, down-B, up-B and essentially form an impenetrable wall of gimping chaos.  Fireblast stops everything except airdodging through it, which the followup down-B will prevent, and then if they try to recover from that up-B will hit them out of their recovery as you rise to hog the ledge. 

Cloud is OP.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 11:13:31 PM by Humble » Logged

flurryous
    Expert Kitten

"...and seem a saint where most I play a devil." V

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: May 08, 2010, 07:00:27 AM »

I jumped off the ledge and tried the downB to upB and was rewarded with a lost stock. Otherwise, Humble makes many viable points.

"If the illogical is rational enough, we can probably achieve the impossible."
                          ~sincerely yours, Garnett J. Frederick

dingo
    Angel Kitten

Il Matto

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2010, 07:03:33 AM »

I jumped off the ledge and tried the downB to upB and was rewarded with a lost stock. Otherwise, Humble makes many viable points.

Humble said down air into up-B. I don't know if that was a typo.

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2010, 03:40:05 PM »

This hack is awesome but maybe a bit too awesome.  Like Humble said it is rather overpowered (and I'm fairly sure that this is one of those characters that isn't supposed to be OPed).  That said though, he's still a blast to play and I haven't really encountered many problems as far as this update goes (only problems I had before were with version 2.0a with the side b and up b).

Pages:  [1] 2 3 4
    Print
    Jump to: