Bump mapping and specular mapping

Started by iyenal, May 03, 2016, 05:27:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

May 03, 2016, 05:27:39 PM Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 07:41:45 AM by iyenal
Can I mix a Normal Map shader(Super Mario Galaxy Environment-Mapped Bump Mapping  :D) and Specular shader (Sonic Colors :D) so I can use in one material a diffuse map, a normal map and a specular map without losing too much FPS ? For information I use BrawlBox to import models.
I want to use normal map to add details (for example in SMG :
) to a mesh and specular for changing light effect on mesh (example : in a wall specular texture : bricks in white and concrete in black) so it can do a light "scrolling" effect on mesh(I already saw this effect in Sonic Colours : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1X_EuY8Auw 0:26 to 0:28) ?

Thanks ! (I think it's difficult, but I'm sure that Wii can do it)


Brawl's game engine can't process normal maps, as they aren't used anywhere in the game. The closest thing to bumps in the game are the specular textures that that characters like Samus and Captain Falcon use.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

May 10, 2016, 12:50:17 PM #3 Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 03:03:50 PM by iyenal
A custom shader can't do it ?

Post Merge: May 10, 2016, 03:03:50 PM

SSBB and Sonic Colours use BRRES, so the shaders could be compatible.