SSBB character clone problems

Started by penjo1, May 21, 2016, 12:30:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

i recently decided to try and make my own clones for super smash bros brawl and ive followed tutorial after tutorial but when im finished, it doesnt work. ive tried this at least 10-15 times using gecko, riivolution, and the project m loader/game. nothing is wrong with the game. it starts correctly, gets to the loading screen, never freezes, but when i go to the character selection screen, i either get:
  1. (Project M) no characters whatsoever on the screen
              OR
  2.  (Gecko and Riivolution(when it works...)) the regular characters are present but my clone is not.

I have used tjmsrubegoldberg's    The Complete N00B's Guide to Brawl Hacking guide on this site and many others including youtube videos but i still cannot get it to work.

if someone could give me a suggestion on what to do, direct me to a very, very noob-friendly/in depth guide or video or post their own (SPECIFICALLY FOR GECKO OR PROJECT M cuz Ive had lots of problems with riivolution but im still up for using it) i would GREATLY  appreciate it. thanks guys!

by clones do you mean brawlex? or porting chars over another[like marth over wario as an example]
I WILL GRIND BENEATH MY HEEL...ALL THAT EXISTS!!!


Ok so for project m I know there's a special modified launcher for any so cards above 2 gbs. I'll link it to you later? Just waking up typing this on my phone

As for gecko when your in the gecko settings is the hook type set to axnextframe (I believe that's what it's called
I WILL GRIND BENEATH MY HEEL...ALL THAT EXISTS!!!

OK I am using an 8 gb sdhc card. and for the gecko thing, i did that and it still didnt work

ok so i would try the project m launcher,[after re reading the post it seems to not be modified] but you also have to put the sdhc extension code with it which can be found here

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=65342.0

at least i believe you do. thats the only way i can seem to get brawlex to load on my 4 gb sd card
I WILL GRIND BENEATH MY HEEL...ALL THAT EXISTS!!!

wait so what do i do with the code?

put it into your code file[rsbe01] you can actually bopen it with brawlbox [depending on your version]and do that
I WILL GRIND BENEATH MY HEEL...ALL THAT EXISTS!!!

May 27, 2016, 08:23:59 PM #8 Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 05:43:13 PM by penjo1
Could you explain it and walk me through it? I don't know what to do

Post Merge: May 28, 2016, 05:43:13 PM

ok so i tried that and it didnt work... what do i do??

ok so i figured it out i just needed to have a 2 gb sd (not hc) card for the game to be able to read it. thanks for all your help!!!

Not a problem

Sorry about not responding i was going to and my internet went out as i was typing. And i just ended up forgetting
I WILL GRIND BENEATH MY HEEL...ALL THAT EXISTS!!!

Oh no that's fine I figured it out quite a while ago and also forgot to post it. Thanks for the help though

not a problem

Post Merge: July 27, 2016, 04:00:16 AM

not a problem
I WILL GRIND BENEATH MY HEEL...ALL THAT EXISTS!!!