Can someone provide me with modding tutorials?

Started by Jesse4060, September 12, 2016, 06:02:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Hai! I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post this on, but could someone please provide me with tutorials that'll help me create my own character mod? I have a few characters I'd like to create, but I lack the knowledge to do so. Help would be greatly appreciated!  ;D

September 12, 2016, 06:14:50 PM #1 Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 06:16:10 PM by windhunter7
Well, I have a tutorial on texture making, and also a (Definitely a Work-In-Progress, and will be a while before I resume making it) tutorial on importing models, both in my sig. :)

Post Merge: September 12, 2016, 06:16:10 PM

And then, I also know of BlackJax's tutorial on importing models, which is a good tutorial, here:

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=41996.0

P.S. I forgot to mention that my model importing tutorial is for Blender, and BlackJax's is for 3DS Max.


These are good tutorials, but could someone tell me which ones I'd need for creating a character?

Well, that's the thing, is that creating a character will vary which ones of these you use; you may wish to retexture a character to look like someone else, which you would use Texture Tutorials and Vertex Tutorials for, or you may want to import a custom model of your character, in which case, Importing Tutorials are what you want; you may want a moveset, which A/A Tutorials are for, and also, if you want him or her to not use the default character's voice, you may want to look at SFX Tutorials.

That's why I said which ONES I'd need. I know for creating a character, I'd need more than one tutorial. (Although it would be nice if someone made a tutorial for starting to make a custom character.)