Which Timer?

Started by Ishapar, October 02, 2016, 06:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

I understand that the asynchronous timer counts down from the start of the animation, but when you are using a timer in the animation (example: after created offensive collision or making the body collision intangible) are we supposed to use the asynchronous or the synchronous timer?  I have looked at various animations in the PSA, and I am still not sure which timer to use.  Synchronous starts after the event, but couldn't I just use the asynchronous since it keeps track from the beginning of the animation?  Any thoughts?

You can use either.

Example 1
Asynchronous Timer: Frames = 6
Hitbox
Asynchronous Timer: Frames = 9
Terminate Collisions

With this example, the hitbox activates on Frame 6 (+1), and terminates on Frame 9 (+1).

Example 2
Asynchronous Timer: Frames = 6
Hitbox
Synchronous Timer: Frames = 3
Terminate Collisions

With this example, the hitbox activates on Frame 6 (+1), and terminates 3 Frames later.

The (+1) marker is because Brawl activates the commands one Frame after they were called.
I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread
[move][/move]

Thanks.  I mostly stick to the asynchronous timer as I use brawlbox as a source when editing the psa.