Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: [Request] Help with Mods and BrawlEX on Dolphin from scratch?  (Read 1475 times)
Royaken666
Intermediate Kitten

Fate knows the outcome. You make the choice.

View Profile Awards
« on: May 22, 2017, 12:46:47 PM »

Hello everyone! I've been away from this site for nearly a little over 4 years and so much has changed it's incredible. During that time, I got rid of my Wii and got a very powerful PC that can run any game at optimal efficiency(as long as the emulator can anyway). I recently decided I wanted to get Brawl mods again and I read somewhere you can do the mods and such with Dolphin Emu. But when I started looking around on how and what to do I was so overwhelmed and lost I didn't know where to begin or what I needed to do or didn't need to. So I am reaching out to the experts in what I hope is the appropriate section for some much needed help.

1st, let's begin with what I WANT to do. I read that there's been a huge leap in the realm of possible characters. When I was last here, we still only had the ability to REPLACE characters with others, but now I see something called BrawlEX which allows for more than 80? That's crazy! You guys are amazing! What I would LIKE to do, is ofc add regular mods like some texture changes, music, stages, etc. But I would ALSO like to have more than 1 Link to play as. For instance, Keep regular Brawl Link, but have new Link slots elsewhere for n64 Link, Hyrule Warriors Link, OoT Project M Link, SSB4 Link, etc. From what I've READ this is possible now with BrawlEX, but I don't know anything about it.

I'm using Dolphin Emu, and I know how to do the fake SD card with winimage and Virtual SD Card Maker, but that's the extent of my knowledge. Yes there's plenty of tutorials out there for how to do X and how to do Y or possibly even how to do Z, but I can't find any tutorials on how to do X Y and Z in the right order and how to make them work together. It's all rather confusing.  So I am hoping someone could maybe help put together a tutorial for me with the following info working together and noob friendly.

-How to set up brawl mods for Dolphin

-How to install BrawlEX with the above

-How to add more costume slots for already existing characters(have seen downloads with costume folders exceeding the default amount for the characters, so I'm not sure what to do there. If they work auto or....)

-How to add Cloned/Additional Characters to the roster without replacing existing characters

Like I said, I know there's tons of tutorials out there, but they're all kinda crashing together and confusing me... So I would appreciate something including all of the above or at least links to specific tutorials and then specifying "Follow tutorial X until part 3, then tutorial Z until part 2, than back to tutorial X until part 5, then parts 3 and 5 or tutorial Y" or something along those lines. I know this is a lot to ask, and I really hope to hear from someone soon or even at all. Have a wonderful day and thank you for any and all help in advance!

~Roy

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: