Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2
Author Topic: BRSTM files don't play in Dolphin  (Read 24125 times)
PlayingGames97
Advanced Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « on: November 05, 2017, 10:46:15 AM »

No idea why this is happening, but I have two BRSTM files with loops assigned that I've made myself with BrawlBox v0.71.

Neither of them play when added to my virtual SD card (with the correct names, yes). I have no idea if it's because the files are too loud or large.

Here are the BRSTM files I've made:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7fMVFszCNqid09HMW9oekpQT3M
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7fMVFszCNqiTFprUGJMVmN1MFU

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

Brawl R&D // Dolphin Emulator Dev

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: November 11, 2017, 10:44:26 PM »

Using Brawlex with File Patch Code File Patch Code v3.5.1 can cause the problem you describe. Use File Patch Code v3.5.1b instead, which can be found in the original Brawlex download.

If it's not that, enable logging in Dolphin and see if it shows anything abnormal when playing your files. They worked fine for me in Dolphin.

Brawlex Advancements (Supplement to the Brawlex thread's original post)
    I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 10, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

PlayingGames97
    Advanced Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 10:00:34 AM »

Using Brawlex with File Patch Code File Patch Code v3.5.1 can cause the problem you describe. Use File Patch Code v3.5.1b instead, which can be found in the original Brawlex download.

If it's not that, enable logging in Dolphin and see if it shows anything abnormal when playing your files. They worked fine for me in Dolphin.
    Sorry for the late reply. I used the code you gave me and tried playing the game with logging enabled, and then without it. Same result.

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 10:46:46 AM »

Ok, there's a few possibilities for the cause of your problem.

Test these on Dolphin 5.0-5810:

Are there still audio issues with the files you made if you use them to replace a different BRSTM?

Are there still audio issues if you replace one of the problematic BRSTMs with a different one that is known to not have issues (like any of the other music included in the game)?

And can you post the contents of your log once audio problems occur?

I use RSBE Brawlex v2.0.0.0 Extended, Win 10, and 3ds Max (3ds Max Guide). Refresh to see my imports!

PlayingGames97
    Advanced Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 11:54:31 AM »

Ok, there's a few possibilities for the cause of your problem.

Test these on Dolphin 5.0-5810:

Are there still audio issues with the files you made if you use them to replace a different BRSTM?

Are there still audio issues if you replace one of the problematic BRSTMs with a different one that is known to not have issues (like any of the other music included in the game)?

And can you post the contents of your log once audio problems occur?

Yes, and yes.

And here's the log:
    03:04:226 HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:339 N[OSREPORT]:  File Read  (SD): Open failed (/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/sound/strm/G04.brstm) 
    03:05:394 HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:339 N[OSREPORT]:  File Read  (SD): Open failed (/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/sound/strm/G05.brstm) 
    03:06:579 HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:339 N[OSREPORT]:  File Read  (SD): Open failed (/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/sound/strm/G07.brstm) 
    03:08:430 HW\EXI_DeviceIPL.cpp:339 N[OSREPORT]:  File Read  (SD): Open failed (/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/sound/strm/G08.brstm) 

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: November 13, 2017, 12:53:32 PM »

Answering yes to my second question indicates an issue that will be difficult to debug. If you want, you can upload your SD contents (before inserting the problematic BRSTMs) to a file sharing service and post the link here. Include a .txt file with the codes included in your .gct and the two BRSTM files in the root of your SD card. I'll insert the BRSTM files myself.

PlayingGames97
    Advanced Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: November 13, 2017, 04:39:25 PM »

Answering yes to my second question indicates an issue that will be difficult to debug. If you want, you can upload your SD contents (before inserting the problematic BRSTMs) to a file sharing service and post the link here. Include a .txt file with the codes included in your .gct and the two BRSTM files in the root of your SD card. I'll insert the BRSTM files myself.
    Ok, here you go. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ePcjkRHL-DZddY-tL39nSAyY3LAxIZcO

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: November 13, 2017, 08:20:01 PM »

Just making sure, you need to rename your BRSTM files to the ones you want to replace. 608 and 609 won't be detected by Brawl. If you want to add songs instead you'll need the Custom Sound Engine v3.0 - Currently in Public Testing Phase and related codes.

Additionally, you're probably experiencing https://bugs.dolphin-emu.org/issues/10636
    Dolphin incorrectly treated 2 GiB SD cards as SDHC. This should be fixed in Dolphin 5.0-5821 and later.
    « Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 11:25:35 AM by Ebola16 » Logged

PlayingGames97
    Advanced Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: November 14, 2017, 03:55:36 PM »

Just making sure, you need to rename your BRSTM files to the ones you want to replace. 608 and 609 won't be detected by Brawl. If you want to add songs instead you'll need the Custom Sound Engine v3.0 - Currently in Public Testing Phase and related codes.

Additionally, you're probably experiencing https://bugs.dolphin-emu.org/issues/10636
    Dolphin incorrectly treated 2 GiB SD cards as SDHC. This should be fixed in Dolphin 5.0-5821 and later.
    Getting 6 and G mixed up. Huh... :S

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: November 14, 2017, 04:02:11 PM »

Getting 6 and G mixed up. Huh... :S

That would definitely be a problem!

Roadhog360
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: November 17, 2017, 03:21:03 PM »

I'm having the same problem. Dolphin just plays a messed up version of the replaced song instead of the one I put in. If it's over a CSE slot, it plays Mushroomy Kingdom's theme at a really high pitch instead.

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: November 17, 2017, 06:10:59 PM »

I'm having the same problem. Dolphin just plays a messed up version of the replaced song instead of the one I put in. If it's over a CSE slot, it plays Mushroomy Kingdom's theme at a really high pitch instead.
    Make sure you have the appropriate file patch code for your build.

If you want, you can upload your SD contents (before inserting the problematic BRSTMs) to a file sharing service and post the link here. Include a .txt file with the codes included in your .gct and the problematic BRSTM files in the root of your SD card. I'll insert the BRSTM files myself.

Roadhog360
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: November 18, 2017, 12:24:16 PM »

Make sure you have the appropriate file patch code for your build.

If you want, you can upload your SD contents (before inserting the problematic BRSTMs) to a file sharing service and post the link here. Include a .txt file with the codes included in your .gct and the problematic BRSTM files in the root of your SD card. I'll insert the BRSTM files myself.
    Hm, before I try uploading a 2GB behemoth of a file, what FPC is recommended for Brawl? I use 3.5.1 pretty sure, but just send me the one you recommend I use just to be safe, even if it's 3.5.1.
    BTW, I tried DMing you on Discord but you don't seem to be online.

EDIT: Uploading video now.
    « Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 12:30:54 PM by Roadhog360 » Logged

Ebola16
    Importer of Dreams
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: November 18, 2017, 12:29:44 PM »

3.5.1 is fine unless you're using Brawlex. Brawlex needs 3.5.1b which is in the original Brawlex download.

Roadhog360
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14 on: November 18, 2017, 12:32:20 PM »

3.5.1 is fine unless you're using Brawlex. Brawlex needs 3.5.1b which is in the original Brawlex download.
    I am indeed using BEx, let me try 3.5.1b.
    BTW, this only happens on Dolphin, custom music is fine on Wii.

Pages:  [1] 2
    Print
    Jump to: