Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Is My Character Idea Possible? (Rotom)  (Read 6454 times)
KirbuKing
Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: March 30, 2019, 01:18:28 PM »

I have a character idea where you can play as Rotom and all of his special attacks coordinates with one of his appliance forms. For example Neutral B turns Rotom into Wash Rotom and can shoot out a stream of water from his pump (which can be charged up). Another example is his Up B where he turns into Fan Rotom and flies across the stage and if an opponent gets into contact with his fan it will blow the opponent away from Rotom (it basically works like Waluigi's Neutral B). I don't know if my moveset can work with the game since he will basically need to switch into 6 different forms so I was wondering if one of you guys can tell me if this idea is possible for the game. Thank you in advance. I'm a bat!

windhunter7
BrawlVault Gatekeeper
Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: March 30, 2019, 02:19:26 PM »

Yes, definitely possible, but will take a lot of time; essentially, what you need to do, in addition to everything else normally done with movesets(Including animations), is:

1) Make sure that the total filesize of the costume file is still lower than the original character (i.e. You probably will need to do some optimization on some models and compression on some textures)
    2) Do Visibility Bone editing, both creation of Visibility Bones (And setting the different model polygons to these) and coding these Visibility Bones into the moves used
    3) (Alternate option from Step (2), but does the exact same thing) Edit the animations to scale the models that you're not currently using for an animation to 0, and the one that you are using for an animation to 1.0 (Regular scale)

Lasercraft32
    Mega Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #2 on: March 30, 2019, 03:24:17 PM »

You could totally have Pokedex Rotom as one of his taunts. Tongue

Post Merge: March 30, 2019, 03:25:35 PM
    Also, there is a similar moveset, Kecleon:
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=217442

It's not Rotom, but its the same idea sort of.
    « Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 03:25:35 PM by Lasercraft32 » Logged

Modding is just a hobby of mine.

KirbuKing
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: March 30, 2019, 04:13:18 PM »

Well I haven't actually made a psa before so I think I'm going to hold off on this project for now until I can get better

Post Merge: March 30, 2019, 04:18:17 PM
    Also just wondering for when I do eventually do Rotom what character should I replace him with?
    « Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 04:18:17 PM by KirbuKing » Logged

Lasercraft32
    Mega Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #4 on: March 30, 2019, 11:04:51 PM »

Judging by which moves you want as his specials, I'd say mario would be the best choice, he has FLUDD, the cape, and the fireball, all of which gives you a lot to work with.

Modding is just a hobby of mine.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: