Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: is Brawl Vault dead?  (Read 6082 times)
expandular
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: January 19, 2020, 12:41:36 AM »

Ok it obviously isn't dead, but how active is it nowadays? Im guessing back then it was THE site to go to for Brawl mods. But how much has the community shrunk since the release of Smash 4 till now? Besides Gamebanana, are there any other notable Brawl modding sites? I would like to get back to Brawl modding but to me it seems Brawl Vault isn't as active anymore, at least from the surface.

Lillith
Heroic Kitten

Resident Lunatic & Fox Fanatic

• Awards Ceiling Cat Star Hacker RAGE!! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: January 19, 2020, 01:22:58 AM »

The forum part of it just seems dead in general to me, although there are people still uploading stuff.
    Apparently, there's a Discord, but I don't really care enough about Discord at all to follow it, too messy and easy to lose everything compared to an actual forum.

I still talk to myself! If anyone wants to use anything I've done, feel free to! But do tell me where you use it, I want to see the finished product!

Lasercraft32
    Mega Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #2 on: January 19, 2020, 09:10:17 PM »

I'm still active... sort of...

I haven't posted anything recently, but I will EVENTUALLY (I'm just not done yet...).
    But yeah, most of the forum posts don't really get much notice.

Modding is just a hobby of mine.

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3 on: January 19, 2020, 11:11:27 PM »

I feel this question pops up every now and then.

Most of the big modders of Brawl have moved on to other things, whether it be modding Smash 4 or Smash Ultimate. This game has had a ton of things put out for it. Lots of talented people have come and gone over the years. Hell. I was even part of it through my high school years and beyond.

I know the community is still a bit alive. KingJigglypuff continues to develop movesets. He's the only person since the modding days, that I know of, that is still actively making content for Brawl. He even posts on his Twitter about his moveset progression.

Apparently, there's a Discord, but I don't really care enough about Discord at all to follow it, too messy and easy to lose everything compared to an actual forum.
    There is a Discord, but last time I was in there, it was filled with mostly new people, with only some of the staff from here managing it.
    « Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 11:12:48 PM by Segtendo » Logged

: SW-2632-7270-6724

KingJigglypuff
    Meme Machine
    Brawl Vault Staff

• Awards RAGE!! >9000 Hyperactive Contributor Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: January 20, 2020, 08:09:30 AM »

BrawlVault is actually an extension of the KC-MM Forums, and I wouldn't consider BrawlVault dead, as people tend to make daily submissions. However, the same can't be said about the Forums themselves. I personally think that the Forums are in one of the worst states they've ever been in. While we're not constantly experiencing 503 errors anymore, the forums are barren and are filling with bot posts at an alarming rate, as there's no active Global Moderators to purge these bots. These forums are also in desperate need of an update, both visually and functionality, but there's only one website coder in the KC-MM staff, so this is easier said than done.

Though that doesn't mean KC-MM hasn't had a legacy built up throughout the years. You would be correct in saying that KC-MM was the go-to place back in the day, but with various big name modders either disappearing and/or retiring over the years, alongside Smash Wii U/3DS and Ultimate releasing, traffic to these Forums has been steadily decreasing up to this point. Despite this, I try to visit these Forums at least once a day.

If you want to keep in touch with Brawl modding, Discord is the way to go. Though I personally wouldn't recommend going to the KC-MM Discord. I would instead recommend going to the Custom Brawl Modding Discord. Alternatively, if you want to know what specific users are making, then you can head over to the Brawl Modding Workshop Discord (I'm not in this one, as I'm not active enough, but if you want to keep track of what I'm specifically doing, then I have my own Discord, which is dedicated to my works).

I don't take requests.

My PSA Thread

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #5 on: January 20, 2020, 12:42:55 PM »

In my opinion, the reason the forums are relatively dead are mainly because by now, we've spent so many years developing various methods of doing just about anything with Brawl mods by now, and even the stuff that never used to be possible is now even highly efficient, so people have not very many reasons to post for help anymore, and it's we veterans who are the majority of the mod makers, so we already know each other so no need for introductions. That, and with that there are literally at least three different Discords for members from kc-mm, we're chatting on there a lot and almost none on the forums, which is actually really good, considering how many bots we now have on the forums.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: