Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 33
Author Topic: Vertex Hacking: Advanced Techniques  (Read 125644 times)
Power Marshall
-JDeLL~
Special Access

• Awards Hot Topic Heart Container Dedicated Hacker Tutorial Writer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #75 on: June 11, 2010, 06:02:25 AM »

3dsmax has tabs now O_o sweet
    OH, no no, no. I meant if that was what you meant, something like that, but lol, I guess not.

So what do you mean make a new scene though, do you overwrite the edited one?

Want to learn about my new project? Click here!
    Updated 1/18

dark sonic 19
    Supreme Kitten

Luigi Time!

• Awards Favorite'd Famous Hacker Heart Container Ninja

« Reply #76 on: June 11, 2010, 04:18:36 PM »

i get an error installing 3ds max8

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #77 on: June 11, 2010, 07:53:14 PM »

i get an error installing 3ds max8
    Not specific enough. Does it say anything when it fails?

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Sanitys_Theif
    Extreme Kitten

The Gambler

• Awards Constructive Hyperactive Contributor Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #78 on: June 11, 2010, 08:16:15 PM »

Ok I followed the directions exactly and ended up with a jumbled stretched mess at the end even after patching twice and everything

Does 3DS Max9 automatically convert to edit poly or something?

Once I get to the point where I have to morph the original vertex set to the new one, it just moves the original to a different spot, it doesn't morph it at all, and no matter what I do I can't get it to morph it, why?

Yoshiboshi3
    Extreme Kitten

Hey guys im yoshiboshi3 i maik vertex hacks

• Awards Hot Topic Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #79 on: June 11, 2010, 08:25:15 PM »

Ok I followed the directions exactly and ended up with a jumbled stretched mess at the end even after patching twice and everything

Once I get to the point where I have to morph the original vertex set to the new one, it just moves the original to a different spot, it doesn't morph it at all, and no matter what I do I can't get it to morph it, why?

It IS morphing. Just morph and export selected.

STILL BETTER AT VEXING THAN TEXING

Sanitys_Theif
    Extreme Kitten

The Gambler

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #80 on: June 11, 2010, 08:35:00 PM »

The shape of the select box doesn't change, it just moves, and when I did what you said and followed the rest of the directions, my characters body was detached from the head and bones and down to the left quite a bit

So it didn't morph the vertices it just moved them, I need someone to tell me how to get them to morph with the morpher function because it's not working for some reason the first time around, when you have to morph the second time it morphs into the messed up shape I had before though -_-

EDIT: I think the problem may be the model patching

When I patch the model the first time, everything gets jumbled up and parts I didn't even touch stretch all over the place, whereas in the video, the only parts that look stretched are the parts he edited(Marth's feet)

I get the same error he does when trying to create a patch, I have to exit the run script and start it again, could this be the problem? But why doesn't it cause him any problems?

EDIT 2: Ok I tried doing just what this guy did in his video with Marth, I followed all the steps, but when I patch the model, it doesn't look like in the video, it's all stretched and wide, it doesn't look similar to the raw vertex points at all, what is wrong here?

I also noticed the steps he wrote out are different from the ones in the video, this makes it all very frustrating and confusing

Is the problem because I edit by vertex points rather than elements? For some reason I can't select certain points with the element select

Or is this all because I'm using 3DS Max9?

EDIT 3: Nope, I tried the written directions instead, ended with same results, it doesn't matter if you make the patch before or after you edit the model, it turns out all messed up either way, can anyone help?
    « Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 09:57:39 PM by Sanitys Theif » Logged

Sanitys_Theif
    Extreme Kitten

The Gambler

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #81 on: June 11, 2010, 10:09:26 PM »

Ok, look. Here's what happens when I apply the patch.

WHY? I did EXACTLY what you did. I have tried tons of times and it keeps giving me this. I just tried it with Marth's boots like you did and it gives me this. AAAAAARGH! I'm not mad at you, I'm fustrated at this stupid program that is making me sad. Sad

THIS is what's happening to me, how do I fix this?

Yoshiboshi3
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #82 on: June 11, 2010, 11:03:25 PM »

The shape of the select box doesn't change, it just moves, and when I did what you said and followed the rest of the directions, my characters body was detached from the head and bones and down to the left quite a bit

So it didn't morph the vertices it just moved them, I need someone to tell me how to get them to morph with the morpher function because it's not working for some reason the first time around, when you have to morph the second time it morphs into the messed up shape I had before though -_-

EDIT: I think the problem may be the model patching

When I patch the model the first time, everything gets jumbled up and parts I didn't even touch stretch all over the place, whereas in the video, the only parts that look stretched are the parts he edited(Marth's feet)

I get the same error he does when trying to create a patch, I have to exit the run script and start it again, could this be the problem? But why doesn't it cause him any problems?

EDIT 2: Ok I tried doing just what this guy did in his video with Marth, I followed all the steps, but when I patch the model, it doesn't look like in the video, it's all stretched and wide, it doesn't look similar to the raw vertex points at all, what is wrong here?

I also noticed the steps he wrote out are different from the ones in the video, this makes it all very frustrating and confusing

Is the problem because I edit by vertex points rather than elements? For some reason I can't select certain points with the element select

Or is this all because I'm using 3DS Max9?

EDIT 3: Nope, I tried the written directions instead, ended with same results, it doesn't matter if you make the patch before or after you edit the model, it turns out all messed up either way, can anyone help?

Everything is supposed to be jumbled. The reason that everything moves when you morph is because its not in the dead center anymore. Try pressing.....F12 I think it is? And changing all the coordinates to 0.

Sanitys_Theif
    Extreme Kitten

The Gambler

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #83 on: June 11, 2010, 11:08:26 PM »

Everything is supposed to be jumbled. The reason that everything moves when you morph is because its not in the dead center anymore. Try pressing.....F12 I think it is? And changing all the coordinates to 0.

I did that, same result, I'm having the same problem you had with Marth's boots, how did you fix that?

It's not just jumbled up, parts of the model I didn't even touch are stretched to hell and back, like that picture above, everything goes fine up until I have to patch the model, then everything falls apart

Yoshiboshi3
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #84 on: June 11, 2010, 11:11:27 PM »

I did that, same result, I'm having the same problem you had with Marth's boots, how did you fix that?

It's not just jumbled up, parts of the model I didn't even touch are stretched to hell and back, like that picture above, everything goes fine up until I have to patch the model, then everything falls apart

*Sigh* It's SUPPOSED to look like that. I dunno why your problem is still going, but try this. Import the raw vertex set and make it so you can see the vertexes. Now move it over the patched model. See how similar they are? Some vertexes arent really in the spot they should be in the raw vertex set, and the patch turns the model INTO the vertex set shape so you can morph into it and it not bug out.

Sanitys_Theif
    Extreme Kitten

The Gambler

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #85 on: June 11, 2010, 11:25:44 PM »

*Sigh* It's SUPPOSED to look like that. I dunno why your problem is still going, but try this. Import the raw vertex set and make it so you can see the vertexes. Now move it over the patched model. See how similar they are? Some vertexes arent really in the spot they should be in the raw vertex set, and the patch turns the model INTO the vertex set shape so you can morph into it and it not bug out.

Problem is, they don't look similar at all, the raw is a linear rectangle area, the patched model is gigantic square with vertex points all over the place, you wouldn't be able to tell it's the same model unless you looked at the names, and none of this changes when I patch it a second time, all it does then is drag the body away from the head o_0
    « Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 11:27:29 PM by Sanitys Theif » Logged

Yoshiboshi3
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #86 on: June 11, 2010, 11:26:54 PM »

Problem is, they don't look similar at all, the raw is a lindear rectangle area, the patched model is gigantic square with vertex points all over the place, you wouldn't be able to tell it's the same model unless you looked at the names, and none of this changes when I patch it a second time, all it does then is drag the body away from the head o_0

Uh, woah. Can I has pics, please? Upload em to tinypic for fastness.

Sanitys_Theif
    Extreme Kitten

The Gambler

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #87 on: June 11, 2010, 11:28:56 PM »

Problem is, they don't look similar at all, the raw is a lindear rectangle area, the patched model is gigantic square with vertex points all over the place, you wouldn't be able to tell it's the same model unless you looked at the names, and none of this changes when I patch it a second time, all it does then is drag the body away from the head o_0

Uh, woah. Can I has pics, please? Upload em to tinypic for fastness.

Just closed 3DS, hold on, btw I'm trying to edit ZSS's hair now, couldn't get Marth working and it's not even a model I want to edit

Sanitys_Theif
    Extreme Kitten

The Gambler

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #88 on: June 11, 2010, 11:38:23 PM »

Ok here:

What is that monstrosity? The hair's not even changed and her arms are stretched all over the place, WTF is this madness? Im srs here

Yoshiboshi3
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #89 on: June 11, 2010, 11:45:09 PM »

Ok here:

What is that monstrosity? The hair's not even changed and her arms are stretched all over the place, WTF is this madness? Im srs here

Uh ok, where's the raw vertex set?

Pages:  1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 33
    Print
    Jump to: