Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 33
Author Topic: Vertex Hacking: Advanced Techniques  (Read 127952 times)
Sajiao Omelette
Holy Kitten

Paramedics finished her text, "...love you."

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Heart Container KCMM Old Timer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #240 on: July 07, 2010, 11:24:12 PM »

Hmm... after using Facemorph, it still says that the source does not have enough faces to do that.

For some reason, the polygon is Marth's entire upper body, but the vertex group is Marth's entire upper body minus the right arm and plus a little thing on the bottom.

Does this mean that I chose the wrong vertex group or that not all polygons match up with a vertex group?

Yoshiboshi3
    Extreme Kitten

Hey guys im yoshiboshi3 i maik vertex hacks

• Awards Hot Topic Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #241 on: July 07, 2010, 11:42:25 PM »

Hmm... after using Facemorph, it still says that the source does not have enough faces to do that.

For some reason, the polygon is Marth's entire upper body, but the vertex group is Marth's entire upper body minus the right arm and plus a little thing on the bottom.

Does this mean that I chose the wrong vertex group or that not all polygons match up with a vertex group?

Are you trying to facemorph the vertex set? :I

STILL BETTER AT VEXING THAN TEXING

Sajiao Omelette
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #242 on: July 08, 2010, 03:03:19 PM »

Yeah, because I can't get the vertex set to morph to the DAE using Morpher, and using the face morpher doesn't work either...

Am I not supposed to face morph the vertex set?

mariokart64n
    Hacker & 2D/3D Modder
    Supreme Kitten

All Hail To The Mario Baby!

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Famous Hacker Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #243 on: July 08, 2010, 04:17:18 PM »

the facemorpher is a trick to undo the effects when EditPoly is invoked.. otherwise never us faceMorpher

EDIT
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f20slvZw9VU" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f20slvZw9VU</a>

Ok I'm vertexing Zelda to look more like Morrigan Aensland and I already made her breasts the right size and then I started working on her hips but whenever I export the vertices to an MDL0 file following the written tutorial you put in spoiler tags, One of her legs is very messed up while the other is fine

Then I remembered this problem from your first tutorial with the old method and how to fix it, but that required patching the model so I copied and pasted EVERY vertice location from one model to another just to do it the old way since I couldn't find a way to morph the copy model into the other successfully

I got the the point where you patch a second time, and it fixed the leg BUT it screwed up her hands and an area that wasn't even part of the vertex set I was editing

Then I watched your large 12 part tutorial and got to the facemorphing part, only to have it screw up the model even more than the double patching method

Then I tried a combination of different methods from your old tutorial, new one, and YoshiBoshi's quick video

NOTHING is working, I've spent so much time on this, I even missed a day of school because I stayed up too late working on this and overslept

Now I really hate to bother you but you're the only person I think could really help me out, so would you get this to export successfully for me and tell me what I needed to do?

Here's my saved scene from 3ds Max 8:
    ---

And here's a .pac of Morrigan made by someone else so you can see her legs without her dress getting in the way:
    ---

If you need something else let me know, that is if you're willing to do this, I'd like a reply at least if you don't mind.
    « Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 05:34:07 PM by mariokart64n » Logged

Luka Megurine by mariokart64n
    [Character-ImportModel-Zelda]

Sajiao Omelette
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #244 on: July 09, 2010, 09:35:22 PM »

I have a quick question, if Marth's polygon group for his upper body is his entire upper body, arms and all and everything, but his polygon group is only his body and one arm and some stuff on the bottom, how do you get them to morph to each other?

Unless I'm doing something really wrong... like the wrong vertex group or something? (I was editing FitMarth00_OuchM__FitMarth00_Body01.)

mariokart64n
    Hacker & 2D/3D Modder
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #245 on: July 09, 2010, 09:56:58 PM »

what your describing is the RAW vertexset.

the upperbody folds into pieces for the games matrix to read and use the presented geometry.

editing that RAW, was the old method. if your confused, I recommend watching all 12 parts of the video, read the guides given by other users, and even watch the help videos posted on these past few pages..

it doesn't quite sounds like you know what your doing.. and the topic title is called advanced techniques.. its not designed for new comers to 3dsmax, or 3dediting

the folding you see is a common issue, when you mirror a skeleton. this is the case in the nintendo files, and they've been folded in that manner. and additional position data is written for the game to render the rig completely. but this is too complex to program for.. least for me. so we edit from the raw form.... what you see isn't wrong.. but it shows that you haven't followed the instructions properly

Sajiao Omelette
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #246 on: July 09, 2010, 11:12:26 PM »

I'm very sorry for not following the videos very closely and being very incompetent with this method, and I'm sorry for bothering you. I think I understand now what to do. (Before, I followed the written guide, and it differs from the video guide a lot, not discussing things like patches and whatnot, unless I missed a large portion of it.)

However, now I have a really, really simple, stupid problem. After importing the patched model the first time (with the messed up right side) and exporting it as a .brres again, AIS won't make a DAE model out of it. It immediately closes and nothing happens when I drag ModelData[0].brres on it.

Does it have something to do with only unedited models working with AIS? I think that's what BeyondYou said on an early page or so... but that wouldn't make very much sense at this step...

Again, I apologize for having to put up with my incompetence.

Scootaloo
    Supreme Kitten

Just your local pony that everyone hates

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #247 on: July 11, 2010, 12:02:17 AM »

I have a problem. After I use conform wrap I try to export the verts by clicking export verticies. I selct the vertx.ddf file, then the model file, insert it into brawlbox, and its either messed up entirely (huge mess of verts) or brawlbpx can't even open it. I tried morphing and it after it morphed it still was messed up. I don't know what I'm doing wrong here. I watched your mewtwo videos and I still don't get it.

and yes the vertex.ddf file is the right one and I'm using ur most up to date script
    « Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 03:05:52 AM by fireking220 » Logged

Scootaloo . says
    i hate the game industry in general
    King Jigglypuff says
    D:
    Epic Pervy says
    agreed
    Scootaloo . says
    i love the games
    King Jigglypuff says
    Oh.
    Scootaloo . says
    but the community is the most [censored]iest, whiniest, and antagonizing group you will ever see on the face of this [censored]in earth and millions of light years beyond it

I DO NOT take requests, I make what I want to make

owned645
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #248 on: July 11, 2010, 01:27:40 AM »

Could someone tell me exactly what facemorph does and how and when to use it?

mariokart64n
    Hacker & 2D/3D Modder
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #249 on: July 11, 2010, 08:46:37 AM »

hm, the whole tutorial, is based around "advanced" techniques.. which would imply you would have a more advanced skill set in 3dsmax.

the videos, or the information contained here are not for newcomers.. though I'm seeing alot of beginners in here trying to learn off this. I can't teach you the 5years of knowledge I have in anything less then 2hours of video.. and even that only covered a small portion of what you need to know.

anyway I'm whining, later on I may create a video geared towards 3dsmax rookies

but to answer your question, facemorph is work around to be used if your using the conform morphing trick. it corrects any changes on the vert count, so you can inject the verts back into the MDL0 without fail.

its not important to the method, it is a method or practice to making a mod using a ripped model.

Yoshiboshi3
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #250 on: July 11, 2010, 11:24:00 AM »

I don't find what Mariokart just said to be entirely true.....I need to use facemorph very frequently and I'm simply editing brawl models. You use it when you can't morph the vert set into the patched model.....I briefly explain in my video and Mariokat explains in part 9 of his video tutorial.

mariokart64n
    Hacker & 2D/3D Modder
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #251 on: July 11, 2010, 12:59:55 PM »

I've posted atleast 3 videos outlining about how patching is obsolete.. you dont need to patch anything now. my "new" method was revised at the end of june

Yoshiboshi3
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #252 on: July 11, 2010, 01:00:37 PM »

I've posted atleast 3 videos outlining about how patching is obsolete.. you dont need to patch anything now. my "new" method was revised at the end of june

....Oh. Well then, I missed it O_O

(Runs to check it out)

Yoshiboshi3
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #253 on: July 11, 2010, 02:35:23 PM »

Actually, I can't find it. Your 3 latest videos are 2 help videos and "Brawl: Using the Script & Clearification", in which you patch it. Where is the new meathod that doesn't require patching? D:

mariokart64n
    Hacker & 2D/3D Modder
    Supreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #254 on: July 11, 2010, 02:47:50 PM »

did you watch the help videos? those are the new method

Pages:  1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 33