Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Question on Model Replacements  (Read 2271 times)
Italian_Boy1Up
Expert Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
« on: May 31, 2010, 02:24:52 PM »

Okay so I was wondering what happens when you don't use certain model replacements.

There's a new download for replacing Toonlink with Chicorita and Charizard with Deyoxs, they come with your normal .pcs file and with a "fitmotion" .pac file. I was wondering what happens if I DO NOT use the fitmotion file. I downloaded a galaxia knight model replacement that came with the same materials and I did not use the fitmotion file, the result was the same except the horns weren't as big. I was wondering, if I don't use the fitmotion file, will chicorita still replace toonlink with some minor differences, or would it just not work period?

I've also been wondering the same thing with PSA textures. Sometimes I'd like the texture, but I don't want to replace the whole character, just one slot. Is it possible to do that? For example with the mewtwo PSA. I really want it to be one of Lucario's costumes, but I don't want to replace Lucario, can I just use the .pcs file and have the costume? Or do I need all the other stuff for it to work?

TheZac268™
Extreme Kitten

I am THEZac268

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 11:13:51 PM »

Okay, first the reason that people use the fitmotionect.pac is because when you replace a model like Toon Link to Chicorita you have to have attack animations for Chicorita, so that fitmotionect.pac is what people edit to give the new model animations.  If you don't use the fitmotionect.pac then when you play with the new model in-game it will probably T-stance and you won't be able to move, or do anything.

And I have no clue about PSA textures, except if Mewtwo was given new bones, then you would have to have a fitmotionect.pac and maybe a PSA.

vErTeX hAcKs HeRe
    tExTuRe HaCkS hErE

Italian_Boy1Up
    Expert Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 05:22:54 PM »

Aww that's butt =(, it there anyway for me to have a PSA and the character it goes over? Or just one or the other?

Snoopy
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Star Hacker Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 10:32:58 PM »

a model replacement without the FitMotionEtc is basically just that, it's only a different model.  it will still completely act like the replaced character, just look at Jack H's recent releases.  that's a model replacement without the MotionEtc.  the MotionEtc is the file that contains all the custom animations for the new model.  the PSA gives the custom animations the correct hit boxes and physics and such. 

basically, to have a fully new character, you need a FitCharacter.pac (the PSA file), the FitCharacter0_.pac/pcs files (replaced model files), and the FitCharacterMotionEtc.pac file (custom animations). 

model replacements and textures take up one slot, but the PSA and MotionEtc files take over the entire character.

DocStrange
    Supreme Kitten

Super Fighting Robot

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: June 05, 2010, 06:18:12 PM »

That's not always true. It depends on what hack you're using. Most of the Roy models out there require a fitmotion because the hair is an effect added to the animations and isn't in the actual model. Sometimes hacks come with fitmotions to make the character play more appropriately based on what they're supposed to be, sometimes they need it in order to not just go into T-stance, sometimes they need it or they'll crash the game.

And no, you can't have a PSA and the original character at the same time.

Italian_Boy1Up
    Expert Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 09:42:24 PM »

Okay so.....

I can use textures without the fitmotion file at the risk of freezing the game or putting the character in T-stance.

Also I saw that some people have multiple levels. Like I saw that someone had multiple Final Destinations on his select screen. Does that actually allow him to have more stages? Or do they all just go to whatever he has as final destination?
    « Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 10:55:15 AM by Italian_Boy1Up » Logged

Italian_Boy1Up
    Expert Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #6 on: June 11, 2010, 10:55:31 AM »

*bump* =( the Italian needs help

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: