Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2 3 4 ... 29
Author Topic: Project Lightning - FFXIII (LOOKING FOR A NEW TEAM!)  (Read 134565 times)
ethanrodgers223
Hyper Kitten

Project Lightning Overseer. I OVERSEE THINGS.

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « on: June 29, 2010, 04:29:41 AM »

THIS PROJECT IS BACK IN MOTION!

Project Lightning (Claire Farron)

Let me just say this: Lightning is the most bad*** character from Final Fantasy I've seen to date, and I'm a Final Fantasy freak. Aren't we all? So I figured, why not put her in Brawl?

Project Lightning Team:

ethanrodgers223 - Director & Manager
    Sumire Omelette - PSA Hacker
    Hollow - PSA Hacker
    MarioKart64_n- Vertex Hacker/Model Editor
    ds22 - Porter

MOVESET

Jab: three quick slashes, downwards, upwards, and downwards again. Nice GTFO move, I guess.
    4%, 4%, 5%

Dash Attack (Blindside): Lightning stabs her opponent, sliding forwards. This move hits your opponent horizontally and is good for setting up gimps off the side of the stage.
    5%

Forward Tilt: Lightning slashes horizontally across her opponent. Think Ike's forward tilt, but without as much lag or power. This move is quicker and weaker. It was supposed to be the slash that Lightning does before entering a battle, and it looks... not too bad.
    8%

Up Tilt: Lightning does a quick slash upwards, launching her opponent into the air. This can start aerial combos, but is weaker and doesn't end with an automatic jump like Launch, the Up Smash, does.
    4%

Down Tilt: Lightning flips backwards and fires a shot down at where she was standing. This move is great for escaping, stalling, or when you have the feeling the your opponent will roll and want a safe way to punish.
    2%

These are the PLANNED MOVES so far. The only two "completed" are Cure (Down B) and Aero (Up B).

Forward Smash (Sparkstrike): Lightning jumps up and slashes her opponent vertically while spinning. This move deals electric damage and hits the opponent upwards more than horizontally and is one of her main kill moves.

Up Smash (Launch): Lightning slashes her opponent upwards. If the move connects, then Lightning crouches down and leaps after her opponent. The longer you've charged your smash, the higher she will jump to chase her opponent. This move isn't that strong and won't kill very reliably, but sets up for great areial combos and lets you get a lot of air by automating a very high jump. If you miss, though, you'll suffer a lot of lag.

Down Smash (Blitz): Lightning does a quick circular sweep, hitting both sides of her. This move doesn't deal too much damage or too much knockback, but has a lot of IASA frames at the end, being not only a good GTFO move, but it'll help you catch your opponent off guard, as well.

Neutral Air: Lightning slashes in front of her and behind her, ZSS's nair style.

Forward Air: Lightning does an upward slash, hitting her opponent forwards, which can cause quite a few gimps.

Back Air: Lightning slashes upwards and juggles her opponents above her, but remember that doing this move will reverse your direction.

Up Air: The bread and butter of her aerial juggling game, this is a move that is not only powerful, but keeps her opponents in the air for a long time, exactly where she wants them to rack up large amounts of damage.

Down Air (Smite): Ike's down air for now. We'll mess with it later.

Special Moves:

Neutral B (Fire, Firaga): Lightning fires a little fire from her hand. Charging this move fully will let her unleash an explosion where the fire lands. Fire moves in a low arc for a while, and can help her camp well in case she's falling behind in a match.

Forward B (Thundara): Lightning creates a small thunder a distance away from her. This move strikes at a medium distance, not close up and not far away.

Up B (Aero): Lightning casts Aero and very quickly rides an air current so fast, she simply cannot be seen. This move has startup/end lag, to balance it out.

Down B (Cure, Cura/Curaga): Lightning's risky ace in the hole. She focuses and waves her arm, casting Cure on herself. This move is VERY slow (think Jigglypuff's "Rest"), and only heals 5%. However, if you charge this spell, you can move into either Cura (15%) or Curaga (60%). Remember, not only will you have to charge first, you'll also have to endure the "casting" period, in order to balance out the move.

Downloads:

Lightning 0.1: Our first beta for Lightning. Doesn't have a Down B move or Up B move.
    Moveset PAC
    Animations

Lightning 0.2: Our moveset with Hollow's adjustments. First Beta of Cure/Aero included.
    PSA
    Motion File

« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 07:09:21 PM by ethanrodgers223 » Logged

raykoojo
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 05:24:47 AM »

I want to be a part of your project, but im new and don't really know how to do things. I still want to help as possible so who are you trying to put her over?

ethanrodgers223
    Hyper Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 05:50:07 AM »

Well, I'm thinking about putting her over either Zero Suit Samus or Marth.

raykoojo
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 06:09:40 AM »

Zero Suit Samus already has a texture for her...Marth would need a texture and a vertex hack. I could see what i can do for the texture for marth? And i've used PSA before so i can try that too.

ethanrodgers223
    Hyper Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: June 29, 2010, 06:18:34 AM »

Well I'm thinking Zero Suit Samus, because DUH I've already downloaded the texture of Lightning, and while I love it, we'd need to see if someone could vertex it to give her her scarf and sword. I think we'd have to do Marth though, because he's already holding a sword. know what I mean? But I'm sure someone can do that, so I want to go with Zero Suit Samus. Cheesy Her body type is spot on for Lightning. She'll need a breast reduction though. xD

I'm worried about the sword. Lightning's sword is really complex:

I don't think anyone here is really talented enough to make the sword, but I think we could get close. Cheesy

And even if you used PSA before, are you sure you're, well, good with it? Tongue

raykoojo
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: June 29, 2010, 06:37:53 AM »

I just know the basics, so ur going to need more help than just me (i'm new). Try to find somebody who has a lot of experience with PSA and Brawlbox. As for the sword, there was a texture having a knife as a weapon for Zero Suit Samus. The cape though i think can't be done.

ethanrodgers223
    Hyper Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: June 29, 2010, 07:19:53 AM »

The cape can be done, people are vertexing Golf Clubs INTO SCYTHES. It can be done. haha. And I think I know who to ask! Cheesy

And where did you come across the knife? Some could easily vertex it into a sword. Cheesy

raykoojo
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: June 29, 2010, 08:23:51 AM »

here:
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=9549.0
    I have no idea how this person did it though, but i know what you mean the scythe was ridiculous lol

ethanrodgers223
    Hyper Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: June 29, 2010, 08:51:28 AM »

Well that's great! See, they can practically do anything. This would be perfect. After, its a "Gunblade." Cheesy

Lord Prosper
    Expert Kitten

Nyeeeeh! Indeed!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: July 01, 2010, 10:20:43 AM »

If I may make a suggestion, I think Launch would make a better Up-B than Blitz. :3 Just do your idea for Launch, but have her propel up in the air after, and make her unable to use a recovery move after that, but still able to attack.

ShadowMarth
    Holy Kitten

~The Prince of Shadows~

• Awards Tutorial Writer Super Saiyan Topic Pin Collector Constructive

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: July 01, 2010, 10:39:23 AM »

Hi I know how to PSA hack but Im not A pro
    But i can still help
    By the looks of it the movset, i should be able to edit most of it
    and what do u think about putting the PSA on Zelda will it work?

And for the texture it seems doable but idont know much on how to texture and vertex hack
    « Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 10:42:29 AM by ShadowMarth » Logged

Managing between Being in the US Army and other things. All is well so far.

FC:4256-5446-5169
    PSA 2.35:
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=29684
    Competitive play Official thread:
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=54433.msg1069108#msg1069108

ethanrodgers223
    Hyper Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: July 01, 2010, 11:59:49 AM »

@ Lord Prosper: That's a good idea, we'll do just that. And Blitz can be her B move. Sound good? Thanks for the idea?

@Shadow Marth: I'd prefer this to go over Zamus, actually. Zamus' playstyle fits with her to me, so we're gonna keep it on Zamus. But yes, I'd love for you to try if you'd like! Cheesy

Also guys, good news! Someone on SWF is going to vertex the sword for me, and put it in Zamus' hand! (:

raykoojo
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: July 01, 2010, 04:39:05 PM »

thats great news! Yea Samus is more agile than zelda, but for her up smash i think should be something else than army of one...i just dont know what to replace it with tho

ShadowMarth
    Holy Kitten

~The Prince of Shadows~

• Awards Tutorial Writer Super Saiyan Topic Pin Collector Constructive

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: July 01, 2010, 07:10:54 PM »

@ Lord Prosper: That's a good idea, we'll do just that. And Blitz can be her B move. Sound good? Thanks for the idea?

@Shadow Marth: I'd prefer this to go over Zamus, actually. Zamus' playstyle fits with her to me, so we're gonna keep it on Zamus. But yes, I'd love for you to try if you'd like! Cheesy

Also guys, good news! Someone on SWF is going to vertex the sword for me, and put it in Zamus' hand! (:
    hm. ok! Cheesy
    Ill start on the PSA as soon as I can!
    Also how strong do u want her moves to be?

Managing between Being in the US Army and other things. All is well so far.

FC:4256-5446-5169
    PSA 2.35:
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=29684
    Competitive play Official thread:
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=54433.msg1069108#msg1069108

Lord Prosper
    Expert Kitten

Nyeeeeh! Indeed!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14 on: July 01, 2010, 08:03:08 PM »

Sweetness, I am looking forward to this. :3 Wish I could help in someway, but sadly the only thing I'm good at hacking wise is music XD

Pages:  [1] 2 3 4 ... 29
    Print
    Jump to: