Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2 3 4 ... 212
Author Topic: Board Problems, Suggestions and Updates  (Read 988272 times)
Miacis
Ex-admin
Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « on: September 12, 2009, 05:23:18 PM »

The thread to post all your ideas for changes and improvements to the board. New options, moderation stuff -- if it's not related to BrawlVault, it probably goes here.
    And if something isn't working, or if you need help to solve a forum issue, just post in here.

This post will serve as an update log and an FAQ of sorts.

List of changes and updates in no particular order:
    • Visual Warning System
    • Aeva Lite
      • Autoembedding for many media sites. No more need for "[youtube]" tags or the like.
    • Auto-merge double posts
      • Eliminates spam and keeps you from getting warned.
    • Disable signatures on posts
      • A checkbox in the "Additional Options" of the reply screen lets you turn off your signature for the post you are writing/editing.
    • Colored names
      • An aesthetic mod that colors members' names in posts, topic lists, etc. to represent their membergroup.
    • Awards
    • The Moderation Corner
      • A place to ask questions or challenge moderations you have received. Only you and the mods can see your topics there.
    • Spoiler tags
      • Hides whatever is between the tags unless the viewer chooses to reveal it.
    • Team Page
      • An easy way to view and contact anyone on the staff.
    • Various bot preventions
      • Captcha, image identification, etc. intended to keep bots from registering. Not very effective.
    • Extra profile fields
      • Adds extra fields on the profile summary page for stuff related to BrawlVault.
    • Compact theme
      • A version of the theme that trims a lot of fat from the board's look. Change your theme by clicking "Look and Layout Preferences" in the sidebar of your profile. You can also hide signatures and avatars here for an even smaller layout.
    • Disable word censoring
      • Profile -> Look and Layout Preferences -> Leave words uncensored. Please see this addendum to learn what words are censored and how we handle censor bypassing.
    • "srs kitten" membergroup
      • A membergroup that prevents you from seeing the Off-Topic section. Post here or PM Vyse or Miacis if you would like to opt in.
    • Show topics a user has started
      • An option at the bottom of the profile summary lists all topics started by the user.
    • BBCode Comments
      • Use the "note" bbcode in your posts to include comments that are not displayed on the board but are retained for editing. Useful for all the things code comments typically are. They also show up when someone quotes a post, so don't include anything you wouldn't want someone to see or that breaks the rules.

Post-based Membergroups
    A list of all the membergroups and the posts required to reach them.

Custom Titles
    Custom titles are additional text that appear just under a user's name in message displays and profile summaries. Only mods, admins, KC:MM team members, BV staff, and Special Access members can set a custom title. Special Access is granted only to former staff members (who left on good terms) and to this user for helping us out of a financial bind.
    « Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 01:05:41 PM by Vyse » Logged

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2009, 05:23:31 PM »

Well, let's start off things quickly.

We just permabanned the user and former member of the team MilkaholicX.

Why ? Not because he left the team and went to Stack Smash. We don't care about it.
    Because of a breach of trust. As a team member, he asked for the admin powers for a short time, to make a quick, innoffensive modification. We granted his wish, trusting he wouldn't pose any problems. But instead, he messed up some parts of the forum and granted himself more powers than what ha was supposed to have, and pretty much offended all of the team with his actions for himself, and against the whole forum.

I hope you'll understand why we couldn't let him stay here.

catgowoof
    Extreme Kitten

Meow.

• Awards Hot Topic Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: September 12, 2009, 11:00:46 PM »

No double posting :p

Also the stuff about Milkaholic clears up a lot of things now.
    « Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 11:03:40 PM by catgowoof » Logged

Neon
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Tutorial Writer

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2009, 01:51:51 AM »

Suggestion: Don't ban Neon (plz).

Someone model hack in Maka from Soul Eater (with Soul as the scythe) into Brawl when model hacks come out and you will become king of the world.

WolfPack-Foratzero
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #4 on: September 13, 2009, 08:40:52 AM »

Poor MilkaholicX. But if you guys say so then I agree.

Rant on me all you want. I deserve it...

Marcov15
    >.>
    Supreme Kitten

SINE, COSINE, TANGENT!

• Awards Hot Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: September 13, 2009, 10:09:34 AM »

He deserved it. He messed up a lot of things (and right before he joined SS I see what you did there ... )
    « Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 10:12:20 AM by Marcov15 » Logged

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

WolfPack-Foratzero
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #6 on: September 13, 2009, 12:27:09 PM »

He deserved it. He messed up a lot of things (and right before he joined SS I see what you did there ... )

I found his youtube =P I talked to him. He said a lot of stuff. =P
    Wanna hear it?

EDIT: I'll tell you now.

Exact Quote from MilkaholicX(In third person):

He said that it wasn't fair for demoting the members who deserved the admin tab. So he tricked Miacis in to giving him admin powers so he can edit the permissions. He gave the full KC:MM membergroup permission to lock and sticky topics and edit other users accounts. He knew that he would get in trouble so he lied to the team by him saying that he got in StackSmash. He quit because he knew that he didnt deserve the powers by tricking his former friend Miacis.

Exact Quote from MilkaholicX(In first person):

Fine Wolf. I'll tell you. But dont tell anyone. I thought it was unfair to demote most the KC:MM members. While there was no one there(Me and Miacis were the only ones online), I tricked him into giving me admin powers so I can give the KCMM membergroup the ability to lock and sticky topics. Also, change other ppl's accounts. I knew someone was gonna find out because the smiley glitch happened.(smiley glitch happens when you edited smiley and other admin stuff) Then a few days later, I did something I would regret. I lied to everyone and told them I got in StackSmash. Why? I quit because I tricked and lied to all of my former team members and I know now that it was wrong. I tricked Miacis and I lied to Shadow =(

Anything else you need? And I cant upload my Universe Battlefield texture yet. But I did show them to PlasmaKirby(my best buddy) Stuff2o(awesome person) and Shukakusand(Bestest buddy)

It was surprising. But I still think he deserved the permaban!! Lying to your team???
    « Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 01:24:38 PM by WolfPack777 » Logged

Marcov15
    >.>
    Supreme Kitten

SINE, COSINE, TANGENT!

• Awards Hot Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: September 13, 2009, 01:39:49 PM »

I was surprised when I discovered what he did. I thought of him as a friend and I wasn't expecting something like that at all. If he didn't like the demotion idea, the wisest thing to do is talk it out with the rest of the team, not go against the rules and screw everything up.

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

Hakumen
    Outcast.
    Heroic Kitten

Retribution!

• Awards Hot Topic Pin Collector Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2009, 02:00:15 PM »

Suggestion: Don't ban Neon (plz).

Hm... Maybe... Maybe not...

(8:15:26 PM) Vyse: I hope you get raped by a lumberjack
    (8:18:16 PM) Vyse: >:|
    (8:21:52 PM) Vyse: Two of them.

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2009, 02:29:40 PM »

Oh, yeah, of course ...
    He felt bad after doing it, of course and quit the team just because of that, when he seemed very happy to do so...

It wasn't fair ... okay, the way he asked me to give him back his powers when everybody got demoted heavily implied I had to restore HIS powers. I suppose that's probably why he didn't discuss it with us even though I had told him TWICE that he should discuss the matter with us if he didn't approve it.
    I guess we even could have let him keep mod powers if he had ASKED ! But of course, he did nothing. >_>
    That doesn't look like something he did for the whole team. (which pretty much agreed as a whole to these demotions.)

And finally, I'd like to know what noble cause he served by censoring picano's username and messing up all of the smilies. (And possibly causing much much trouble to a certain user by banning him multiple times for no reason. "Possibly", because he was just the only suspect when it happenned.)

I guess it was all a misunderstanding ? >_>

I don't buy this.
    « Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 02:38:36 PM by Miacis » Logged

WolfPack-Foratzero
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #10 on: September 13, 2009, 04:22:04 PM »

He told me stuff after that...
    He said that it wasnt about him getting mod powers. He wanted more powers but using Miacis was enough. And he said he felt bad before tricking you [Miacis] because he knew that he would betray everyone who gained his trust. And he said that you guys wouldnt listen to him because you hate him. And he said the smiley thing was an accident after adding another superstar smiley? And censored Picano's name because he thought it was funny.(how awful)

EDIT:
    Who is Picano

EDIT again: He said that he wants to talk to you in person...(without cursing and arguing)
    Marcov15 especially
    « Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 04:36:39 PM by WolfPack777 » Logged

Hakumen
    Outcast.
    Heroic Kitten

Retribution!

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2009, 04:39:35 PM »

I don't buy this.

I'll have to agree with that. He lied to me before about demoting me, and deleting Oizen's avatar.

EDIT:

[Edited out]

Nice try, I turned off the notifications of new posts. Also, I have my suspicions about you.
    « Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 01:17:52 PM by Miacis » Logged

WolfPack-Foratzero
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #12 on: September 13, 2009, 04:42:02 PM »

I don't buy this.

I'll have to agree with that. He lied to me before about demoting me, and deleting Oizen's avatar.

Im just quoting from my PM's.

He said that when Oizen demoted you, he restored your status. And if he did edit Oizen's avatar, it would say that he edited "Forum Profile Information" not "Account Related Settings"

Hakumen
    Outcast.
    Heroic Kitten

Retribution!

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2009, 04:44:47 PM »

I don't buy this.

He said that when Oizen demoted you, he restored your status. And if he did edit Oizen's avatar, it would say that he edited "Forum Profile Information" not "Account Related Settings"

Bull[censored]. He never repromoted me. When I was demoted, it was either Vyse, Finman, or Oizen that repromoted me back.

WolfPack-Foratzero
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #14 on: September 13, 2009, 04:46:45 PM »

I don't buy this.

Bull[censored]. He never repromoted me. When I was demoted, it was either Vyse, Finman, or Oizen that repromoted me back.

Based on my PM's, if OizenX demoted you in the first place, why would he repromote you back in less than 24 hours...

And he said the day he re promoted you, he didnt see Vyse edit your account that week.
    « Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 04:48:08 PM by WolfPack777 » Logged

Pages:  [1] 2 3 4 ... 212
    Print
    Jump to: