Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Character loading propertys in the .rel  (Read 924 times)
Shinobu Nyan!
Lol Kitten

How the Cool Kids Dance Once More!!

• Awards Diamond in the Rough Hot Topic Warm Welcomer Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « on: August 20, 2011, 04:23:03 PM »

So I have a couple .rel files and I'm looking for a way to edit the way they load. My way of understanding is the .rel tells the game what to load. Example: Textures are loaded through a .pcs file, but the .rel reads what texture is selected and loads the proper FitCharacterXX.pcs file. Am I right about that, and where is the loading propertys of the .rel?

Click Sig For My Tutorial Thread

I'm Just You're Friendly Forum Pseudo Narcissist
    This is Nyan. She He is indeed random and also definitely not a pervert.
    I Will Accept Everyone's Faults As Long As They're Not Annoying.

toastoftriumph
    Lol Kitten

(aka Mariofan1138)

• Awards Constructive Hot Topic Heart Container Novice Restorer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 01:48:46 AM »

The "loading properties" are coded in hexidecimal format inside the file (I'd assume some hex editor could open it up). However, it takes a lot of programming experience to mess with character rel files (apparently for whatever reason, stage rel files are simpler). You've probably heard of Phantom Wings or Dantarion, two "celebrities" in the Smash hacking community. PW made the alternate file loader (the basis for all soft-modding brawl hacking, and not needing to burn a new disc every time), and both of them have worked with character rels.

Anyways, it's possible some people on the forums know a bit about how the rel files work. What exactly were you wanting to do with the rel file?

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: