Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Questions about Model Hacking  (Read 10881 times)
Oizen
Global Moderator

Thanks

• Awards King for a Day 128-bit Core Gamer Ceiling Cat >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #15 on: October 09, 2009, 09:33:47 PM »

Mewtwo was not a clone, therefore I believe he is the most wanted model in Brawl.

I also want a moveset for him, the current one sucks and is nothing like the melee moveset. Sad

VILE
    Badass.
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic Heart Container KCMM Old Timer Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16 on: October 10, 2009, 12:23:44 AM »

1. That's not handled by the model data itself.
    2. Yes.
    3. They have made full models.
    4. Pharrox said he will do that after the stable release of the importer.
    5. You will see a lot of garbage, just like PSA.

Zephiel:
    You know what I really like on my stack smash?
    Texture updates.

Androu1:
    @Zephiel: “your” Stack Smash?

Plasmakirby
    The ONLY Master of Plasma
    Supreme Kitten

The Power of Plasma Compells U

• Awards Fiery Topic Pin Collector Favorite'd Heart Container

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2009, 08:31:19 AM »

Mewtwo was not a clone, therefore I believe he is the most wanted model in Brawl.
    agreed

I also want a moveset for him, the current one sucks and is nothing like the melee moveset. Sad
    oh, so true.

i think i might go back to melee a bit just to play as mewtwo

STUFF2o
    A Dapper Young Gentleman
    Supreme Kitten

Pimpin' IS easy!

• Awards Hot Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #18 on: October 10, 2009, 11:56:41 AM »

Thanks to VILE for the only relevant comment.

Ice God64
    Mega Kitten

♪Wheee!♪

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19 on: October 10, 2009, 02:19:23 PM »

1. How would stage hacking work? Wouldn't you need to specify whether a part of the model is tangible, drop-through, etc?
    Stage models are very much the same as character models, and collision models are no doubt in exactly the same format as the stage itself. Trust me, I'm fairly sure stage hacking won't be too hard. HOWEVER, stage PACs are compressed, so it might take some different variations of the tool, just like ASH and STASH were.

3. How far have people gone in making/editing models (though they can't be used yet).
    Funny you should ask that, actually.. I might have a couple on queue.

5. Would this be as popular as PSA Hacking? I'm sure it will take more skill.
    Well, PSA hacking and model hacking have this compared to textures. Trial and error. No model comes out perfect on a first try, even the developers of Brawl had to start over from the ground up once or twice to get what they wanted. In addition to that, model hacking offer a LOT more freedom than texture hacking; that freedom makes it take a bit more effort, and be a lot more time consuming.

Also, I take it I'm the only person that hates Mewtwo?
    « Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 02:20:30 PM by Ice God64 » Logged

STUFF2o
    A Dapper Young Gentleman
    Supreme Kitten

Pimpin' IS easy!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #20 on: October 10, 2009, 02:26:05 PM »

1. How would stage hacking work? Wouldn't you need to specify whether a part of the model is tangible, drop-through, etc?
    Stage models are very much the same as character models, and collision models are no doubt in exactly the same format as the stage itself. Trust me, I'm fairly sure stage hacking won't be too hard. HOWEVER, stage PACs are compressed, so it might take some different variations of the tool, just like ASH and STASH were.

3. How far have people gone in making/editing models (though they can't be used yet).

Well, PSA hacking and model hacking have this compared to textures. Trial and error. No model comes out perfect on a first try, even the developers of Brawl had to start over from the ground up once or twice to get what they wanted. In addition to that, model hacking offer a LOT more freedom than texture hacking; that freedom makes it take a bit more effort, and be a lot more time consuming.

No, I think Sakurai hates Mewtwo, too. See, you're not alone!

Plasmakirby
    Supreme Kitten

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2009, 02:37:04 PM »

but mewtwo hates lucario...
    [urlhttp://luciderbl.deviantart.com/art/Mewtwo-s-Revenge-90296838[/url]

which model would we use for mewtwo? melee, or brawl trophy?

STUFF2o
    A Dapper Young Gentleman
    Supreme Kitten

Pimpin' IS easy!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #22 on: October 10, 2009, 03:15:55 PM »

http://luciderbl.deviantart.com/art/Mewtwo-s-Revenge-90296838

which model would we use for mewtwo? melee, or brawl trophy?

There, fixed!
    I dunno, which ever looks better.

DMN666
    Dawn/Hikari fanatic!
    Holy Kitten

Meh

• Awards Pin Collector Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2009, 04:59:11 PM »

I know everyone wants Mewtwo but i said Dr.Mario cause he is probably the easys to use,i mean he's 95% Clone,Roy is like 85% clone,thats why i said we need to test it first with Dr.Mario and Roy.
    After they get a hang of it then they will get Mewtwo,Pichu,YoungLink and others.
    Also it's no contest...Melee Mewtwo,thats a real model,not just a Trophy Model.

Plasmakirby
    Supreme Kitten

« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2009, 05:07:57 PM »

anyone remember mizzo, the unused SSE enemy? we need to create an ultimate form for him so he can be playable

DMN666
    Dawn/Hikari fanatic!
    Holy Kitten

Meh

« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2009, 05:09:37 PM »

anyone remember mizzo, the unused SSE enemy? we need to create an ultimate form for him so he can be playable
    ?Never heard of him,please tell me more.

Ice God64
    Mega Kitten

♪Wheee!♪

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #26 on: October 10, 2009, 05:10:37 PM »

[urlhttp://luciderbl.deviantart.com/art/Mewtwo-s-Revenge-90296838[/url]

... You make it incredibly hard to not say something back, but for the sake of the topic.. carry on with Model hacking.

Plasmakirby
    Supreme Kitten

« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2009, 05:39:51 PM »

?Never heard of him,please tell me more.

http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Mizzo

DMN666
    Dawn/Hikari fanatic!
    Holy Kitten

Meh

« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2009, 06:33:50 PM »

OH i thought you ment like it was never in te full game,like DixieKong.

VILE
    Badass.
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic Heart Container KCMM Old Timer Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #29 on: October 11, 2009, 07:20:45 AM »

What are you on, how is modeling trial and error. You make the model, you rig it, once your happy with it you use it. It looks identical to the thing you see in your modeling program (minus the stuff in game like lights and filters and all that).

You only go from the ground up again when there is something SEVERELY wrong with your 3d file, like something that would be faster to redo the whole model.

Zephiel:
    You know what I really like on my stack smash?
    Texture updates.

Androu1:
    @Zephiel: “your” Stack Smash?

Pages:  1 [2] 3
    Print
    Jump to: