Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 2 3 4 [5] 6
Author Topic: Isaac: Golden Sun Project*!!!Beta V1.1 Is Released!!!*2/17/2012*  (Read 36455 times)
Ginga122
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #60 on: February 15, 2012, 08:26:44 AM »

Any chance in make the Final Smash a summon?

Post Merge: February 15, 2012, 10:21:48 AM
I tryed to put Isaac on,but his moves were glitchy.I put the Isaac PSA BETA files with the texture hack like you wrote in the driscripsion,but unfortunatenly it did work.He had the moveset,but without the graphics.Can anyone help me?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 10:21:48 AM by Ginga122 » Logged

Jdiddlydawg
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2012, 09:18:19 AM »

Been lurking around this project for a few weeks now, and I'm pretty impressed with what you've already pulled together for your first time. I thought I'd do my part and give some input.

I didn't notice any serious game-crashing problems, so most of this is just small things that I noticed in about a half hour of playing. It's totally up to you to decide what is a problem and what is intentional.

-Wait animation. It looks like the battle pose he does in the games, but to snap to that every time he stands still is unnatural.
-Side special. It kinda just pops out, but maybe a sound effect or start animation would fix that.
-In general, many moves don't have exceptional knockback. Not necessarily bad or good.
-His down smash is REALLY good for a kill
-Ragnarok would benefit from more ko power *if* the attacker lands it perfectly.
-Your up smash, Growth, might need redone graphically. Looks a little off, but I don't know if you can do much about that. It doesn't look bad in combat though
-Neutral special is a little slow to use, but I like how it can be cancelled instantly
-Dat scarf. I'm sure there is *some* kind of way to make it move, but you'd have to ask around
-Final smash. I forgot to look at it, but it's a placeholder anyway. I don't have any experience fiddling with this, but you could probably take a sprite from one of the games (Iris/Catastrophe Cheesy/Judgment/maybe even Odyssey) and integrate it into the attack.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 09:29:39 AM by Jdiddlydawg » Logged

Metal_Thrashing_Mad
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2012, 09:58:57 PM »

So fair it OK. I really hope to see a V2 thought as there are some issue and things to be improved on.

Genreal
The knock back is quite week. especial considering the speed of some of his moves
Arial attacks. most of them are quite useless. B neutral being the worst.
You could give him a bit more range with his sword.
Some attacks I would speed up
Second jump needs to be....well...a better jump. in ruins his over all recovery.

Specific moves

A (ground)
Forward A smash: the first attack of is has no knock back. kind of a issue.
Down A smash: I like it. maybe increase the knock back still.
Up A smash: I would increase the length of the vines and speed up the execution
Neutral A: Its good. if you increase the sword length it will be perfect
all of the directional (non smash) moves are great.

A (Areal)
Up A: It eather dose no damage with a small knock back or it will do 999% auto kill....kind of redeculess.
Neutral a: the animation is kinda lazy. otherwise its good.
Down A: I like it alot. maybe increase the execution
Forward A: I like it. it my need refineing thought.

B (ground)
Forward B: is ok. It would be nice if it didn't leave you unable to recover thought. considering it dose lunge forwarder I understand but...IDK it acword. I would maybe even consider revamping the over all execution.
Neutral B: I like the idea but I would have it do some kind of damage or increase in size. I would actually kind of make it like the trophy with a little less power but with the same speed and size.
Down B: I like it. Its kind of like shadows chaos spear. Charge hold or execute. only thin is it seems to have a set hit back.
Up B: IF at all possible I would completely change it. I know a water element is kind of cool to add but over all its acword. If you wanna keep it I would say make it like Foxs IE have it directional. I would kind of get ride of the hop at the end of it to if you take my modification advice.

B (arieal)
Forward B: well. its not a good alternative recovery...it just kind of doesn't work in that respect....its the same as the ground one which as I said....is kind of acowrd.
Nutreal B: I would just change it. Its ackowrd, dose 1%, and hard as hell to us....I kinda don't even know what its suppos to be.
Up Be: (see ground)
Down B: Its cool but its slow as hell and given his second jump is week it isn't practical.

Final smash: its just kinda useless I would change it if I could......It need improvement if anything. Idea. You could do a summon or something maybe. Its just under powered and hard to us. but I see that in most  (hack) smashs

Grabs: I really like the idea. but if the enemy is too close it it fails to grab them. I would defiantly fix that.

Its a bata. I get that. so over all Its WAY better then any other batas I have played. The animations work (its just the moves that need tweaking) Hope this helps and I look forward to your final product and good work.

(sorry for misspellings....theres a reason for the madness and I run spell check but you know. what are ya ganna do. hope its not to convoluted)

Uncle0wnage
Hyper Kitten

Just an avid hacker.

• Awards Hot Topic Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #63 on: February 16, 2012, 12:51:02 AM »

Okay, first of all, he is supposed to have a lackluster recovery, he is aligned with the venus psyenergies, not jupiter ones. He gets great vertical distance from his recovery, if you get knocked off the edge it isn't supposed to be easy to recover. Side b air isn't a recovery move. Neutral b in the air is a high risk/high reward move. If you connect, which is really quite common with practice, your opponent is free for almost any attack. His down b can be used out of his up b, which gives him the height he needs to use it well. He isn't meant to have an awesome aerial game anyways, he is supposed to be much better on the ground. Please learn to spell. I'm keeping his neutral b on the ground as is, any faster and you could just spam it to get free gimp kills, it's a very situational move, you can also play mind games with an opponent by mixing up his grab and neutral b, because they are very similar animation wise. If it was any bigger, you could just put up a wall and camp, which is stupid.

checkmate
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #64 on: February 16, 2012, 02:08:40 AM »

Uncle0wnage,

Sorry for my absence, I've been getting over a cold.  I'd like congratulate you (if it is my place) on the PSA thus far.  I would like to note that "Issac" should be "Isaac" in the download "Isaac From Golden Sun PSA Beta Version 1.0 And Venus Lighthouse Stage."  In my opinion the only notable files that require work are the "MenSelchrChr" ones in the "portraitsandcspsandotherjunk" folder.

I hope this helps,

-checkmate

Ginga122
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #65 on: February 16, 2012, 07:37:55 PM »

Why dont you put in the older Isaac?

Uncle0wnage
    Hyper Kitten

Just an avid hacker.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #66 on: February 16, 2012, 09:39:28 PM »

Why dont you put in the older Isaac?

What?

Ginga122
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #67 on: February 17, 2012, 11:33:05 AM »

You know,the one from Golden Sun DS.
    « Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 11:35:12 AM by Ginga122 » Logged

SouthCraft
    Holy Kitten

Retired brawl modder

• Awards Heart Container Renowned Hacker >9000 Pin Collector

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #68 on: February 17, 2012, 11:46:43 AM »

Good work with Isaac PSA U0. Is that your first PSA btw?

Uncle0wnage
    Hyper Kitten

Just an avid hacker.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #69 on: February 17, 2012, 02:48:04 PM »

You know,the one from Golden Sun DS.

There is no model for him and I don't import models.
    @southcraft
    It is my first PSA, thanks.

Edit: Beta V1.1 is out
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=2795&Moderated=0

Isaac From Golden Sun PSA Beta V1.1 Video

Venus Lighthouse Stage Super Smash Brothers Brawl
    « Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 03:42:17 PM by Uncle0wnage » Logged

Ginga122
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #70 on: February 17, 2012, 04:02:21 PM »

Well,sorry for the misunderstanding.Btw,is that you on your picture?
    Good job keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111oneoneone
    « Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 04:03:21 PM by Ginga122 » Logged

Jdiddlydawg
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #71 on: February 17, 2012, 04:44:29 PM »

Hey I was updating the csp's and all that, and noticed there wasn't a css icon and font to go with ASF1nk's blue background. If it wouldn't be a problem, could you make a few icons and the font to go with Isaac? They're pretty popular backgrounds, so I fo sho wouldn't be the only one that uses them.

Here's the link to his thread, which has the templates and font if you're interested:
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=6201.0

EDIT:
    I found a glitch when I was playing as v1.1 Dark Isaac on the lighthouse stage. His ragnarok froze him into the start-animation pose, and needed hit to be kicked out of it. I think it might have been caused by trying to drop the down special while I was doing the up, but I'm not entirely sure.
    « Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 01:44:16 PM by Jdiddlydawg » Logged

Ultraxwing
    Holy Kitten

Master of the Vault!

• Awards Constructive Hot Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #72 on: February 19, 2012, 05:36:09 PM »

hey guys, i was able to put Isaac over dedede. it woks partially. the upsmash freezes the game, the side-B just freezes him and he slides to his doom.

i want isaac and Goku, please make a fully functional port pwease =3

Uncle0wnage
    Hyper Kitten

Just an avid hacker.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #73 on: February 19, 2012, 07:12:27 PM »

When he's done fully I will try to port, that may be over a month from now.

AzurePr1nce
    Intermediate Kitten

Azure is the judgement from above.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #74 on: February 21, 2012, 10:08:48 PM »

I Really, really like this PSA!  Its incredible except for the minor things like the people above me have stated.  I have had one specific issue though, his aerial Down-B has been glitching significantly, but it didn't do so before.  It started out working well and now all it does is get me glitched to the ground and frozen, only to be freed by dying or getting hit.  I just though I would let you know! 

Pages:  1 2 3 4 [5] 6
    Print
    Jump to: