Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How to change Trophy text  (Read 1409 times)
TravixMan Productions
Mega Kitten

Wario's coming at ya!

View Profile Awards
« on: May 06, 2012, 04:34:17 PM »

I need help on how text hacks. I want to know how to change the text on trophies, because some text is inaccurate. I also want to throw a little fun in each trophy and put them in the correct series of start and latest.

SomeKindOfMetroid
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 10:32:32 AM »

You want \fig\ty_fig_ext_list.msbin. That has all the trophy text.

If you want to change which series a trophy appears in, you'll probably need to edit \fig\ty_fig_data_en.dat, but I don't think anyone knows anything about the structure of that file or how to edit it.

TravixMan Productions
Mega Kitten

Wario's coming at ya!

View Profile Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 08:11:24 PM »

You want \fig\ty_fig_ext_list.msbin. That has all the trophy text.

If you want to change which series a trophy appears in, you'll probably need to edit \fig\ty_fig_data_en.dat, but I don't think anyone knows anything about the structure of that file or how to edit it.

I mean the game they came in, from first to latest. Such as Waluigi = Mario Tennis, Mario Kart Double Dash. And thanks! Smiley

SomeKindOfMetroid
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 08:21:22 AM »

Okay. The game titles are found in \fig\ty_fig_name_list_en.msbin. The way it works is every other line is a trophy name, and the line below that is the games they're found in. So...

Mario                                    <---trophy name
Donkey KongSuper Mario Bros <---series for Mario
Mario Finale                           <---trophy name
Super Smash Bros. Brawl         <---series for Mario Finale

And when they're sandwiched together on one line, that's a line break. You'll see that when you actually select a line to edit it.

Unfortunately, if you change them, the icons to the left which show the system will be mismatched. I don't know what file determines where those are placed, but the textures themselves are in \menu\collecton\Figure_en.brres. You can replace all the MenFigure02Mark.XXs with MenFigure02Mark.00 and then they'll all be invisible in-game.

I have no idea what kind of files Brawl uses to determine how and where textures are actually applied, but I'm sure someone does.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 08:37:13 AM by SomeKindOfMetroid » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: