Poll
Question: so what do you think?
Good idea - 6 (42.9%)
Bad idea - 3 (21.4%)
idk ill see - 3 (21.4%)
.... - 2 (14.3%)
Total Voters: 14

Pages:  [1] 2
Author Topic: Ikuto's shifting Zone  (Read 5824 times)
Ikuto
Supreme Kitten

AYE!

• Awards Heart Container Hot Topic 64-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « on: July 16, 2012, 09:44:00 AM »

Ok so this is my second thread. I kinda didn't like my old one so I made this new one. Before I made the mistake of jumping into a big project. What I plan to do is make psa that have small edits so I flow into the coding of psa. I.e: Get rid of zelda and sheiks transformation, then replace it with a simple move. Something along those line so I can generally become a better psaer, Jumping into a big project was a mistake and i've learned so from now on i will be making small psa's.
    « Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 02:37:54 PM by Ikuto » Logged

You can Adress me as Near, Nate, River(s) or famously known as Ikuto.
    Personas: Ikuto(Main) Near, Nate River, Light Yagami, And My sign up name Train-Heartnet, And 3-5 coming up!

metatrongrhm
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 02:20:27 PM »

Cool.
    1 Way that the 'big guys' seem to have learnt PSAing is by looking at other people's work.
    eg, if you wanted to replace an attack with shooting a gun, you'd download Dante by DivineOverlord, and look at coding, etc for his neutral B...
    Just my 2 cents Smiley
    Good Luck

Ikuto
    Supreme Kitten

AYE!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 03:24:24 PM »

Cool.
    1 Way that the 'big guys' seem to have learnt PSAing is by looking at other people's work.
    eg, if you wanted to replace an attack with shooting a gun, you'd download Dante by DivineOverlord, and look at coding, etc for his neutral B...
    Just my 2 cents Smiley
    Good Luck
    Ha, that how i was gonna start thanks with the luck. idk what my first edit would be.

Personas: Ikuto(Main) Near, Nate River, Light Yagami, And My sign up name Train-Heartnet, And 3-5 coming up!

Tormod
    The Kokiri Boy
    Special Access

[ex-PSAnimator/ex-Modeler]

• Awards Featured Super Saiyan Topic Pin Collector Novice Restorer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 06:25:21 PM »

Cool.
    Just my 2 cents Smiley
    Good Luck
    In addition to this, remember you can learn a lot from looking at the original FitCharacter.pac's of other characters. But my main tip is to save a lot of drafts and test often. That way if you freeze, you can go back to find where your issue came from much easier.

I'm no longer available to answer questions via personal message
    My Vault |  My Modeling Thread | My PSA/Animation Thread

Kagemaru
    Angel Kitten

• Awards Starstormer Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 06:34:12 PM »

Dude... I started in February. xD My first project was a total creation of a Wolverin PSA. I was kinda in over my head at the time, but I got through it with a lot of help.

Now that the new Brawl Box has a PSA editor included, it'll be much easier for people to learn.

And yes, the advice given so far is spot on.

The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

Ikuto
    Supreme Kitten

AYE!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: July 17, 2012, 07:34:14 PM »

Thanks Tormod! That's an idea i didn't think of and Kagemaru, that's crazy! XD lol i cant pull that off.
    Does anyone have any idea what my first simple edit/move be?
    so i've been looking around in psa with the n BB and it's pretty neat. ShadowMarth thought me some coding so I under stand some of it. I really like how BlackJax handled this new BB. My first edit will maybe be A final smash that chains a whole bunch of pre-made moves, shouldn't be too hard for a beginner like me.  Grin

AnImAiNe
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Famous Hacker Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: July 18, 2012, 09:32:23 AM »

i think you should start off smaller imo kagemaru and i had trouble with that kind of final smash.
    do you know how to do a attacks if you don't you could take animations from another character and make a new aaa combo. fromt here you could do tilts and work your way up.

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

Ikuto
    Supreme Kitten

AYE!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: July 18, 2012, 02:26:53 PM »

i think you should start off smaller imo kagemaru and i had trouble with that kind of final smash.
    do you know how to do a attacks if you don't you could take animations from another character and make a new aaa combo. fromt here you could do tilts and work your way up.
    hmmm... ok sure, idk how to make an AAA combo, but sure ill give it a shot Cheesy

AnImAiNe
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: July 18, 2012, 07:21:01 PM »

just look at two character psa's that dont use attack 100 so u dont get confused. look at what coding they have in common. since the new bb is out it will be even easier because psa refers to the animations. like what frame the hit box is active etc. Even just messing around with a regular characters .pac like editing damage or effects. i dont think i explained this as eloquently as i hoped. hope u try it

Ikuto
    Supreme Kitten

AYE!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: July 29, 2012, 06:32:09 PM »

just look at two character psa's that dont use attack 100 so u dont get confused. look at what coding they have in common. since the new bb is out it will be even easier because psa refers to the animations. like what frame the hit box is active etc. Even just messing around with a regular characters .pac like editing damage or effects. i dont think i explained this as eloquently as i hoped. hope u try it
    oh, but a problem is i don't know how to animate.

AnImAiNe
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: July 29, 2012, 06:55:01 PM »

doesnt matter not all psa's have animation changes some just have different effects,gfx, etc..
    you can play around with stuff to see what it does which can spur ideas for projects that u have not thought of doing

Ikuto
    Supreme Kitten

AYE!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: July 29, 2012, 07:46:49 PM »

doesnt matter not all psa's have animation changes some just have different effects,gfx, etc..
    you can play around with stuff to see what it does which can spur ideas for projects that u have not thought of doing
    I have a bunch of chars planned, but learning psas. Should I start a char as I learn?

AnImAiNe
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: July 29, 2012, 09:48:08 PM »

im not an expert or anything but if i were you i would practice more of what you know a little bit more then progress little by little to other things. For example try psaing aaa attacks, and tilts is the easiest with the new brawl box. Also changing flags are also pretty easy now. After you get those down i'd look for more harder stuff. If there is a move or combo you want your psa to have that another has look at its coding and try to figure out why things are the way they are.

Ikuto
    Supreme Kitten

AYE!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: August 16, 2012, 06:24:10 PM »

Just gonna say this now. I'm not going to be able to do anything seeing as how my computer tends to overheat alot and when it doesn't it randomly shuts off, so I won't be able to learn for a while unless somebody rich wants to buy me a new computer, lol... Anyway I'm trying to save for a pc with a budget of $1,000 max (Tax included) and with a sweet deal I was recently cut, I should have the money by Christmas time *Note im only 14*
    « Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 06:25:35 PM by Ikuto » Logged

metatrongrhm
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14 on: August 16, 2012, 06:29:56 PM »

Just gonna say this now. I'm not going to be able to do anything seeing as how my computer tends to overheat alot and when it doesn't it randomly shuts off, so I won't be able to learn for a while unless somebody rich wants to buy me a new computer, lol... Anyway I'm trying to save for a pc with a budget of $1,000 max (Tax included) and with a sweet deal I was recently cut, I should have the money by Christmas time *Note im only 14*
    My god... It's like everyone on this site is 14(or similar)... Am I getting too old to play Brawl?
    And good luck getting money... Are you mowing lawns until Christmas for it(that's what 14yo's do, right?)?

Pages:  [1] 2
    Print
    Jump to: