Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 [2]
Author Topic: Gardevoir over zelda  (Read 12109 times)
Aafyre
Holy Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Featured KCMM Veteran Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #15 on: September 17, 2012, 06:19:35 PM »

Lol, the only thing I took mild offense to was saying my vertex was unappealing.

I know that imports have more or less replaced vertexes, and it wouldn't be the first time one of my hacks was obsoleted by an import (Blaziken, Sephiroth, Black Knight, etc). I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting an import, but I don't think vertexing should completely die out either. There doesn't exist an official 3d model for everything, after all. My battletoad is basically just a vertexed Spiderman with a few parts I actually had to make myself. My only beef with importing is that there's a lot less creativity involved, and it mostly just seems like busy-work. But for the record, I take no offense when someone requests an import of something I've already vertexed.

Chaos_Knight
    Boss Kitten

I squid you not.

• Awards Fiery Topic Heart Container Starstormer Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16 on: September 17, 2012, 06:24:42 PM »

Why hasn't this been moved to the request boards yet? >_>

NNID: Cha0sKnight     3DS FC: 4768-7680-2509

nanobuds
    Overlord Kitten

• Awards Former PMDT Sniper Diamond in the Rough >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #17 on: September 17, 2012, 06:35:10 PM »

Not all imports are good or done properly, unlike vertexes, which actually take WORK to do. Yeah, models take effort, but compared to vertexes? It's the same as BRSTMs -- it takes some labour, but it's nothing that can leave your jaw hanging.
    Imports =/= Quality.
    Importer =/= Quality.

Those can be argued.

It completely depends on the importer its self. Yes, rigging is easy and hardly takes skill. Yet, it takes a lot of skill and patience to get a rig to be good quality. A lot of people can live with an easy, 15 minute rig as well as they can enjoy a 15 minute vertex. But in this instance, Aafyre's vertex probably took a few hours to make. Perfect rigs can take hours to make. On top of that, us importers with quality imports take time to edit and improve the original model. We vertex edit it, add onto the model, and edit the textures.

Anyone can make a half-assed import. Anyone can make a half-assed vertex. But both regions of modding have their quality. Vertex editing is limited due to having to work with an original model and only an original model. If someone takes the time and effort to work with those limitations, it can turn out to be a quality mod.

Importing is the same way. I can probably rig at least 5 imports in 2 hours. Yet, to make a quality import, I spend just as much time editing the model and textures just as one would with a vertex. Importing, if done with quality, can fix texture, rig, and normal issues. On top of that, you need to edit the shaders and materials, make facial expressions, and add extras so it fits in well with the game.

With that said, in my opinion:
    Imports=Quality
    Vertexes/Textures=Quality

Allbait
    Supreme Kitten

Fin Dovahkiin Fent Qahnaar Pah Paalle

• Awards Ninja Hot Topic Starstormer Dedicated Hacker

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2012, 08:01:43 PM »

Because the mods can't decide whether it should be in the request section  or turned into a Vertex VS Import thread in the serious discussions and debates board Im srs here

Anyway I agree with Nanobuds way of putting it however I disagree that this thread is still here lol

Friend Safari: Bug (Masquerain, Butterfree, Pinsir)
    4613-8365-7114

Azure_Shadow
    Extreme Kitten

Do not touch.

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19 on: September 17, 2012, 11:04:43 PM »

I think it's ridiculous that we're arguing about imports and vertexes. They're two different things- like apples and oranges. They may both be fruit, but don't try to tell me they taste the same. As Aafyre said, you can do things with vertexing that you can't do in model importing. And as ShadowSnake said, it's easier to make a model import with good quality than a vertex.
    But as for either one being easy? Hey, I can't do either one, and I doubt I could do either one even if I spent a couple weeks researching them. I'm better at PSAing, and I've heard others say that it's harder than imports or vertexing.
    I guess my point is we all have different talents. I can't do imports or vertexes, others can't do PSA, and some people can do all three... I think everything from textures to CSPs, imports and PSAs each have their own place, and none of them will ever truly be outdated because they're used for different purposes-- they're unique.

Just my two cents.

Now available in blue.

Puraidou
    The one and only
    Social Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! PC Core Gamer Heart Container 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #20 on: September 18, 2012, 02:43:56 AM »

@nano: I fully agree on that, hence the part below the importer about quality Tongue

But i think we all went far off-topic so i think a fresh topic would be better. In the right section of course x)

ShadowSnake
    Venomous Hacker
    Heroic Kitten

Back from the dead to mod Smash-U

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Star Hacker Starstormer KCMM Veteran

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2012, 11:57:17 AM »

Why the hell are you guys still arguing about this?   Im srs here

Not all imports are good or done properly, unlike vertexes, which actually take WORK to do. Yeah, models take effort, but compared to vertexes? It's the same as BRSTMs -- it takes some labour, but it's nothing that can leave your jaw hanging.

^

Says the guy who made one quick and easy low poly import without any extra stuff like expressions. You cant say that, you have never made a vertex and you have only made one import.

I have a lot of experience in both departments, a quality import takes just as long as a quality vertex like Nanobuds said.

this. just delete this [censored]ing thread before this gets out of hand.

Those can be argued.

It completely depends on the importer its self. Yes, rigging is easy and hardly takes skill. Yet, it takes a lot of skill and patience to get a rig to be good quality. A lot of people can live with an easy, 15 minute rig as well as they can enjoy a 15 minute vertex. But in this instance, Aafyre's vertex probably took a few hours to make. Perfect rigs can take hours to make. On top of that, us importers with quality imports take time to edit and improve the original model. We vertex edit it, add onto the model, and edit the textures.

Anyone can make a half-assed import. Anyone can make a half-assed vertex. But both regions of modding have their quality. Vertex editing is limited due to having to work with an original model and only an original model. If someone takes the time and effort to work with those limitations, it can turn out to be a quality mod.

Importing is the same way. I can probably rig at least 5 imports in 2 hours. Yet, to make a quality import, I spend just as much time editing the model and textures just as one would with a vertex. Importing, if done with quality, can fix texture, rig, and normal issues. On top of that, you need to edit the shaders and materials, make facial expressions, and add extras so it fits in well with the game.

With that said, in my opinion:
    Imports=Quality
    Vertexes/Textures=Quality

Yes, most people think imports are easier because there are only about 10 good model importers. Most model importers half-ass the import and dont add any extra stuff like shine textures or expressions, and the rigs are blocky with stray verts and bad bone proportions.

There are bad vertexes and bad model imports
    there are good vertexes and good model imports both take the same amount of time imo.

just my 2 cents.

Someone should delete this [censored]ing thread before this gets out of hand.  Im srs here

I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.

Vaild Address
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #22 on: September 18, 2012, 12:31:56 PM »

All this complaint over a stupid pokemon,wow just wow.

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2012, 02:52:15 PM »

Guys. Did ya, you know, report the first post so that a staff member would move it?
    Honestly though... The vertex is BETTER then the Brawl model...

I'd only want an import, if it's actually higher quality then the vertex... *I'd prefer if Aaf did it too.*

The vertex has a nice texture, the details are all there. Only odd thing in my opinion is the normals.

In honesty, I hate this way of thinking. Some people still use plain old texture hacks. Why? They still hold up alright. As do some vertexes. Gardevoir is one of those vertexes that still looks good, even now.

I'm gonna have to go with this. The vertexed model looks so much better than the Pokeball model, but if someone can make a better-looking model than the Pokeball model, then go for it.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

ShinySpiritSeer
    Mega Kitten

Providing ideas to the community

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #24 on: September 18, 2012, 04:58:24 PM »

Lol, the only thing I took mild offense to was saying my vertex was unappealing.

I know that imports have more or less replaced vertexes, and it wouldn't be the first time one of my hacks was obsoleted by an import (Blaziken, Sephiroth, Black Knight, etc). I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting an import, but I don't think vertexing should completely die out either. There doesn't exist an official 3d model for everything, after all. My battletoad is basically just a vertexed Spiderman with a few parts I actually had to make myself. My only beef with importing is that there's a lot less creativity involved, and it mostly just seems like busy-work. But for the record, I take no offense when someone requests an import of something I've already vertexed.
    UGG! I didn't mean it was bad, I'm just very picky when it comes to this. (it means i prefer the original model, but the vertex is still amazing.)
    I mean, Damn, I just wanted a model import... not some huge argument!
    « Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 05:04:32 PM by TheGardiunAzelf » Logged

nanobuds
    Overlord Kitten

• Awards Former PMDT Sniper Diamond in the Rough >9000

« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2012, 05:05:54 PM »

Heh.

Just delete this thread and re-post it in the request section Wink

Puraidou
    The one and only
    Social Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! PC Core Gamer Heart Container 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #26 on: September 19, 2012, 11:53:42 AM »

Heh.

Just delete this thread and re-post it in the request section Wink
    That's what i said as well xD

XxTailsxX
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #27 on: September 19, 2012, 03:14:09 PM »

vertexing wont completely die out do u all remember that amzing blastoise made it was parially vertexed

Pages:  1 [2]
    Print
    Jump to: