Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: Rock THE ROCK Lee moveset (UPDATED VIDEO UPLOADED!)  (Read 21363 times)
strife98
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #60 on: October 06, 2012, 05:03:07 AM »

I personally love it. It flows well, and it feels like I'm actually playing Rock Lee. Yeah, the model needs work with the flat crotch, no butt, broken shoulders and hips, but as he said, he is no rigger, and also this is still pretty much in the beta phase so it's still got some work to do and the aesthetics usually come last.
I personally love the taunt, it's a real Rock Lee thing to do. It happens whenever he opens the gates, he's pretty much in a life or death situation afterwards so it makes sense to max out his damage.
@narutofan1 Gotta say for someone with a name like that you really don't seem to know Rock Lee very well...just saying, and if you don't want to have the computer down taunt, don't fight him as a computer, and it's not like after you get put at 999% you can't do anything at all, you can still use the down B to get an insta kill on THEM first. Pretty much it's a last ditch effort to get a kill off. Say you and your opponent are both at high percentages, and you have a bad feeling that you are going to lose. If you can get into a position where you can down taunt, and then down special him, BAM you've won. Or if you just want to feel like a man and down taunt at the start of the battle just cause the manliness of being Rock maufuggin Lee is running through your veins, then you can.

frostymm
Hyper Kitten

Like I ever know what I'm doing.

• Awards Starstormer Dedicated Hacker Constructive

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #61 on: October 06, 2012, 06:38:01 AM »

To each his own I suppose, though I'll warn you guys now I'm going to be including a bit more to that taunt that increases his damage. Expect it to do a little power-up to various moves while it's active.

@Viewtifulduck
    I'm already working on the model changer code =3

My BrawlEx Cosmetic template for people who are lazy!
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203448
    Supports up to 35 BrawlEx characters currently.

viewtifulduck82
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #62 on: October 06, 2012, 09:04:09 AM »

awesome, it'd really give the look that lee is in a dire situation with that model changer xD i didn't know about the down special being an insta-kill at 999% either. it really does seem like an all or nothing move xD

frostymm
    Hyper Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #63 on: October 06, 2012, 01:52:03 PM »

Yeah it should be pretty great but it's not quite an insta-kill move, it's just REALLY powerful. Maybe only slightly more powerful than ike's over-smash but angled downward more so it has a better chance to kill. It's just that you only get one shot off on it before it goes back to being the normal down-special.

Soooooooooo, who's found all the little secrets I've hidden in the moveset?
    « Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 10:03:51 PM by frostymm » Logged

frostymm
    Hyper Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #64 on: October 13, 2012, 03:22:34 PM »

Updated Video Released, when I find the time next is the model changer code for his gates and then I'm going to find a more practical gate-based use for his taunt. (The 999% stays though)

Edit: Nvm model changer event is useless
    « Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 06:38:54 PM by frostymm » Logged

viewtifulduck82
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #65 on: October 18, 2012, 05:13:20 AM »

how come?

frostymm
    Hyper Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #66 on: October 19, 2012, 11:23:19 AM »

It only changes the model till the end of the subaction and I couldn't figure out how to make model parts disappear along with appearing. The only way it would be useful is if I copied the code into every single subaction rock lee could do before dying and that's a lot.... So the model changer event is a "No-go". In other news though I finally got my hands on a sfx pack for rock lee. Just gotta pull the sounds I want out and convert them to wav and figure out how adding sounds works.... I can use that super sawnds thing right?

viewtifulduck82
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #67 on: October 19, 2012, 01:08:17 PM »

hmmmm i dunno, i have zero experience with sawnds. i always found it intimidating xD

frostymm
    Hyper Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #68 on: November 19, 2012, 04:50:06 PM »

Okay well just so it's known that the project isn't dead or anything (I've been working on Portfolio stuff so it's been difficult to find the time)

Update:
        - New Dash Attack
        - Nerfed down special
        - Nerfed up air
        - Nerfed over smash
        - Added gate of life mode %999 and the way I coded it is that you won't be able to use any of its effects unless you're at exactly %999 =3
        - Gate of life mode includes but will not be limited to:
            - New faster dodges
            - Hidden Lotus

Oh and Im still working on the sounds, there are some that there is literally no code to access. Like it's hardcoded and I can't find the values so it's throwing me off a bit. And also if you want this to work with the sounds you'll have to use the .rel over metaknight. I probably won't have the time to port the sound pack elsewhere after I'm done with this. So to all you metaknight lovers... Find a less OP character XD That is all.

Oh and does anybody know exactly how the .sawnd files work? I'm hoping it just takes whatever I've added in that session and puts it in one convenient file but that sounds a little too good to be true.... So if there's anybody who could shed some light on that that'd be great.

Pages:  1 2 3 4 [5]
    Print
    Jump to: