Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2
Author Topic: BrawlEx Results Screen Help Please?  (Read 9498 times)
Persona-Aya
Mega Kitten

In awe of the talents of the Brawl Vault community

View Profile Awards
« on: August 15, 2014, 09:52:20 AM »

Hello everyone! Long time, no see!

So I've begun tinkering with BrawlEx and it all seems to be working beautifully (Aside from the fact I can't get a character's name to appear below their BP during a battle), but I've encountered one serious problem which I just cannot fix no matter what I try.

Simply put, after a battle, the game will always crash before it reaches the results screen. I have tried every conceivable method I know of to try and fix it, but it's always the same result - Silent Crash if I finish a match, Buzzing Crash if I try to leave a battle from the pause menu. I have absolutely no clue what's causing this, but I'm about 99% sure it must have something to do with the STGRESULT.PAC file, but what's within or missing from the pac that's actually making it crash it beyond me.

Anyone have any ideas what to do? Because I'm completely at a and have no clue where to go from here. It doubly sucks because it's literally the last thing I need to complete to get BrawlEX working perfectly 100% and I've encountered no problems up until this last final step.

If anyone could help me, I'd be forever indebted to you!  Kirby Dance

"You need a reason to fight. But it cannot be an ideal. If you fight for ideals, the only thing you can save are ideals. There is no way you can save people" - Archer, Fate Stay/Night (Unlimited Blade Works)

You know, in a weird sense, Brawl Modding has saved my life. So thank you to everyone involved in this community! Kirby Dance

DTST
Lol Kitten

Please don't be femtwo

• Awards Featured Hot Topic Dedicated Hacker 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 10:02:38 AM »

How do you have the RSP's named?

Click here to find out how to be the best PSA maker in the universe.

Persona-Aya
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 10:07:41 AM »

The Brres file is: MenSelchrFaceB1100

The Costumes are: MenSelchrFaceB.1101 through to MenSelchrFaceB.1106

The file path is pf/menu/common/char_bust_text/

Honestly, I probably messed up one of these names, didn't I?

Also, Does it matter if the pictures aren't exactly 128x160? They're still in the 4:5 ratio (100x125) and that works fine for the CSS, but maybe the results screen is a little more fussy.

"You need a reason to fight. But it cannot be an ideal. If you fight for ideals, the only thing you can save are ideals. There is no way you can save people" - Archer, Fate Stay/Night (Unlimited Blade Works)

You know, in a weird sense, Brawl Modding has saved my life. So thank you to everyone involved in this community! Kirby Dance

DTST
    Lol Kitten

Please don't be femtwo

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: August 15, 2014, 04:07:35 PM »

Try removing the dot before the numbers.

Persona-Aya
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: August 15, 2014, 04:27:09 PM »

Didn't fix it, but it did do something different (kind of). I got the silent freeze again, but it froze on a black screen this time rather then in the battle itself (i.e it was attempting to go to the next screen rather then just not trying at all). Not sure if this is a step in the right or wrong direction.

Any other ideas?

DTST
    Lol Kitten

Please don't be femtwo

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: August 15, 2014, 05:57:47 PM »

Is the Brres compressed? Because its not ment to be set the compression to none.

Persona-Aya
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: August 16, 2014, 10:06:53 AM »

The Brres is not compresed (i.e it says 'None' in the compression slot) so that's not the issue

Any other ideas?

DTST
    Lol Kitten

Please don't be femtwo

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: August 16, 2014, 10:38:27 AM »

Can't think of anything, care to send me your setup? It will be easier to find the problem.

KeiroStarr
    Mega Kitten

I was Born for Awesomeness

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: August 16, 2014, 10:43:17 AM »

I'm actually having the same issue. I made a clone of marth and put the Minecraft 1.8 Steve over Marth mod on it and followed Sammi Husky's tutorial to a T, the clone works 100, but the same issue arises. Freezes right before the results screen.

Persona-Aya
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: August 16, 2014, 01:06:31 PM »

I followed that same tutorial actually. My 2D Marisa PSA works perfectly and all my graphics work awesomely, but the damn results screen just won't appear.

DTST: I sure can, but what do you mean by my setup exactly? Not 100% sure what you want me to send - just let me know here and I'll send it.

DTST
    Lol Kitten

Please don't be femtwo

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: August 16, 2014, 01:13:15 PM »

Just send me your SD card setup put it for download somewhere and send me the link via PM and I'll see what I can do.

Persona-Aya
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: August 16, 2014, 01:23:03 PM »

I'm gonna re-watch the tutorial and try again, and if it doesn't work this time, I'll do the download part. You should only really need the STGRESULT.pac and the Result Portraits.

Although maybe you might be able to tell me quickly - what exactly is needed to get the result screen to work with BrawlEx? I know RP's are a must, but what's actually required for the STGRESULT.pac to work? It could be I'm just missing something from there

DTST
    Lol Kitten

Please don't be femtwo

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: August 16, 2014, 01:40:29 PM »

Try adding a Stgresult pac from a Brawlex pack on the vault and see what happens.

KeiroStarr
    Mega Kitten

I was Born for Awesomeness

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: August 16, 2014, 02:40:44 PM »

tried it, same result

Persona-Aya
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14 on: August 16, 2014, 03:35:45 PM »

Yep I literally just tried it right before I read the suggestion - tried the one from the Brawl for All pack and nothing. I re-watched the tutorial and did everything again, and no change. This time I decided to not bother with Franchise icons or stock icons, as the pack I looked at didn't bother with them either and that pack worked fine. I'm honestly just clueless as to what I'm doing wrong - the names are all right, I edited and imported all the right files at the right sizes, the results screen worked fine before I tried to do any texture editing (i.e CSP, BP, RSP), and every other element of the character works perfectly.

The only noticeable change I see is that I always reach the black screen after a match is finished, rather then staying on the fighter screen with my victorious fighter frozen. That should mean that there's no problem with anything except whilst trying to load the result screen. Always results in a silent freeze too, which means something's not loading or something's missing that needs to be loaded, but for the life of me I have no clue what.

EDIT: Okay I have two possible theories now:
    1) Do we need RSP for all the characters, including ones which are always in brawl (eg mario, DK, Link, etc)?
    2) The Dimensions of any RSP MUST be 128x160. I guess maybe it doesn't follow the ratio rule that the CSS does (i.e anything 4:5 ratio works in CSS [128x160, 100x125, etc) and it's something I noticed from the Brawl for All Brawlex pack, that some of his CSP's which were 100x125 were made to be 128x160 for the corresponding RSP.

I'm going to try the 2nd theory first, and if that fails, then work on the 1st one. I'll report back with results

EDIT 2: No luck. Still stumped. I'm so ready to just give up on all this.
    « Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 04:01:42 PM by Persona-Aya » Logged

Pages:  [1] 2
    Print
    Jump to: