Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 [2]
Author Topic: BrawlEx Results Screen Help Please?  (Read 9499 times)
KeiroStarr
Mega Kitten

I was Born for Awesomeness

View Profile Awards
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2014, 04:18:37 PM »

it has to be possible, if other pack makers have pulled it off

Edit 1. I have a slight hunch that it MIGHT have to due with the victory fanfare for the clone, but don't quote me on that. gonna look into it
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 05:19:00 PM by KeiroStarr » Logged

Makarew
Extreme Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic RAGE!! Ceiling Cat

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #16 on: August 16, 2014, 05:23:20 PM »

How do you have your files named. I'll use for example, my Link clone. The file name is MenSelchrFaceB1100.brres and inside it has the RSPs named MenSelchrFaceB.1101 - 1106. The formats for all of the pictures is CMPR, which is low quality but reliable. There should be no compression on the brres. There should also be no palettes.

KeiroStarr
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #17 on: August 17, 2014, 12:32:13 AM »

So I removed the custom CSps on MC Steve and instead put the default Marth ones on him and now he enters the results screen just fine, so yeah, the custom textures are causing the issue somehow

Persona-Aya
    Mega Kitten

In awe of the talents of the Brawl Vault community

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #18 on: August 17, 2014, 12:55:13 AM »

Makarew - That's exactly how I've set out everything - the names match to yours, compression is CMPR, no compression on the brres file, no palettes (made from scratch, so the brres only has textures) - as far as I can tell, there's nothing wrong or missing from them. I'm nearly 100% positive it has something to do with the STGRESULT.pac, but what's wrong with the pac is beyond me.

KeiroStarr: Like I said, my 2D Marisa PSA worked perfectly and result screen loaded fine before I did any of the CSP and other texture changes. However, I plan to add a fair amount of characters, and having the names and textures match those of pre-existing characters would prove troublesome eventually - for instance, how would people know who they're actually selecting? This is really the only thing standing in my way of mastering adding new characters to Brawl - once I get this down, I will fully be able to create my own version. Other people have gotten everything to work for their versions, so it really shouldn't be this difficult, especially given every other edit has worked without a hitch. I just have no clue what I'm missing...

My current guesses: Result Screen Victory Theme (Although it should be loading the default one for Mother characters?) or the character's FitxxResult.pac (FitMarisaResult.pac for me) not working for some reason. Maybe I need the default character fitResult (so Lucas for this case) rather then the one supplied with the PSA, or maybe just not have one at all. If anyone knows, please tell me!

"You need a reason to fight. But it cannot be an ideal. If you fight for ideals, the only thing you can save are ideals. There is no way you can save people" - Archer, Fate Stay/Night (Unlimited Blade Works)

You know, in a weird sense, Brawl Modding has saved my life. So thank you to everyone involved in this community! Kirby Dance

Real
    Mega Kitten

Texture Master of the Masters of the Textures lolw

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #19 on: August 17, 2014, 07:14:30 AM »

You said your menu directory was common/char_bust_text, Im pretty sure its meant to be char_bust_tex, Also they do have to be 128x160.

hai

KeiroStarr
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #20 on: August 17, 2014, 10:13:22 AM »

Makarew - That's exactly how I've set out everything - the names match to yours, compression is CMPR, no compression on the brres file, no palettes (made from scratch, so the brres only has textures) - as far as I can tell, there's nothing wrong or missing from them. I'm nearly 100% positive it has something to do with the STGRESULT.pac, but what's wrong with the pac is beyond me.

KeiroStarr: Like I said, my 2D Marisa PSA worked perfectly and result screen loaded fine before I did any of the CSP and other texture changes. However, I plan to add a fair amount of characters, and having the names and textures match those of pre-existing characters would prove troublesome eventually - for instance, how would people know who they're actually selecting? This is really the only thing standing in my way of mastering adding new characters to Brawl - once I get this down, I will fully be able to create my own version. Other people have gotten everything to work for their versions, so it really shouldn't be this difficult, especially given every other edit has worked without a hitch. I just have no clue what I'm missing...

My current guesses: Result Screen Victory Theme (Although it should be loading the default one for Mother characters?) or the character's FitxxResult.pac (FitMarisaResult.pac for me) not working for some reason. Maybe I need the default character fitResult (so Lucas for this case) rather then the one supplied with the PSA, or maybe just not have one at all. If anyone knows, please tell me!

I don't think FitResult is the issue because most characters don't have it and works fine. i.e. Marth. you'd have to look to see if Lucas has one. so I'm leaning toward the former, but no one has said how to do it.

Persona-Aya
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #21 on: August 17, 2014, 12:42:22 PM »

SSBXReal: Yeah I forgot to mention earlier but I noticed that it was meant to be char_bust-tex, so i changed that, and still no luck. I also changed all the portrite sizes to 128x160, still no go.

KeiroStarr: Most characters would work fine without the fitresult.pac it the same way that they work fine without customised movesets or costumes - i.e it loads the default one from the game. I presume FitResult.Pac controls the animations in the result screen itself, so I'm not sure if they need to be specifically catered to a PSA (Hence why it was included in the download) or if the neutral one works fine without a modified one - I know different costumes can sometimes screw up the way a Result animation plays out (eg Toon Link and the pig go insane sometimes) but the screen still loads and works perfectly.

I don't really think it can be the result themes, as I never did any alterations to intended filepaths to alter anything being different for the clone compared to the normal character (Lucas) EXCEPT for the Clone slot recognition of it being a different moveset and having different costume compared to normal Lucas. All the additional loads for Normal Lucas should still be appearing (i.e Franchise Icon, Result Theme) as I never altered them in any way from their normal intention. I did alter the CSP, BP, Names, and RSP, but they shouldn't be affecting the result screen loading (except for obviously the RSP, which should be okay). I feel like proof of this is that the Earthbound/Mother Franchise Icon loads when Marisa is selected (So it appears in the CSP and next to the BP in game). Unless I need to build a specific filepath for it to find the victory themes (and if I do, please tell me how to do that), it shouldn't be necessary.

I have no current theories as to how to make it work but I'm gonna keep trying anyway. I just don't know what I could be missing. Thank you all for your help so far! I'll listen to any other suggestions anyone might have

"You need a reason to fight. But it cannot be an ideal. If you fight for ideals, the only thing you can save are ideals. There is no way you can save people" - Archer, Fate Stay/Night (Unlimited Blade Works)

You know, in a weird sense, Brawl Modding has saved my life. So thank you to everyone involved in this community! Kirby Dance

KeiroStarr
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #22 on: August 18, 2014, 01:41:11 PM »

Throwing Darts in the Dark again, but I noticed that when making a character in Brawl Clone Tool, I realized that the Cosmetic IDs were off. like I.E. Marth's Clone ID was set to 3F but his Cosmetic ID was set to 16. Now this number i think even though we can edit it in hex, it has to be edited in BCT as well. I say this because my new Kamen Rider clone using Link as a Base is set to use KamenRiderL as the folder of choice, but in-game at the results screen ( not modding the cosmetic dat or anything, still using Link's default gfx) and in BCT, it still appears as "Kamen Rider". again, me just throwing stuff at the wall, seeing what sticks.
    « Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 01:42:28 PM by KeiroStarr » Logged

Persona-Aya
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #23 on: August 18, 2014, 02:27:44 PM »

KeiroStarr's still having problems, but I've finally gotten mine to work! My issue was with Result Pictures - even though I edited the names at least 3 times, for some reason the save didn't hold and the names were left without periods. Yep.

I'm honestly not sure what your issue might be KeiroStarr. I've done 3 different characters now (2D Marisa over Lucas, Neku over Lucas, Saber over Link) and they work perfectly, aside from some screw ups with the names I put in (Names below BP never appear, CSS Icon Names either read Marisa (my First Clone) or don't appear, despite the included names) which don't affect gameplay at all. I can say I have zero clue about anything to do with GFX or anything like that, seeing as I don't think I touched that - mine's working now and I'm just running with it.

If you're using the Brawl Clone Tool (Sammi Husky's tool), know it doesn't do everything. I use it to create the clone and to rename everything, as well as include the first costume's CSP, BP, RSP, Names, etc to give me a base to work with, but there's still some stuff you have to do. Mainly for me, it's editing the CSSRoster.dat with the module editor so that the character actually is on the roster, and including the correct rel, changing the section 8 memory view first number group's last two numbers to match your new fighter slot (I think that's the right one)

If you're still having issues with the result screen, make sure you've got the STGRESULT.pac in the stage/melee folder, and that your portraits are named correctly AND are 128x160. I did mine all as CMPR just to be safe as well.
    « Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 11:22:04 AM by Persona-Aya » Logged

KeiroStarr
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #24 on: August 18, 2014, 03:16:40 PM »

KeiroStarr's still having problems, but I've finally gotten mine to work! My issue was with Result Pictures - even though I edited the names at least 3 times, for some reason the save didn't hold and the names were left without periods. Yep.

I'm honestly not sure what your issue might be KeiroStarr. I've done 3 different characters now (2D Marisa over Lucas, Neku over Lucas, Saber over Link) and they work perfectly, aside from some screw ups with the names I put in (Names below BP never appear, CSS Icon Names either read Marisa (my First Clone) or don't appear, despite the included names) which don't affect gameplay at all. I can say I have zero clue about anything to do with GFX or anything like that, seeing as I don't think I touched that - mine's working now and I'm just running with it.

If you're using the Brawl Clone Tool (Sammi Husky's tool), know it doesn't do everything. I use it to create the clone and to rename everything, as well as include the first costume's CSP, BP, RSP, Names, etc to give me a base to work with, but there's still some stuff you have to do. Mainly for me, it's editing the CSSRoster.dat with the module editor so that the character actually is on the roster, and including the correct rel, changing the section 8 memory view first number group's last two numbers to match your new cosmetic slot (I think that's the right one)

If you're still having issues with the result screen, make sure you've got the STGRESULT.pac in the stage/melee folder, and that your portraits are named correctly AND are 128x160. I did mine all as CMPR just to be safe as well.

I haven't tried again due to that I wanted to see if a concrete solution could be found. I'll try again to see if that works and let you know if the problem still persists.

Persona-Aya
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #25 on: August 19, 2014, 11:23:21 AM »

Let me know if you're still having problems - I'll even take a look at your files for you and see if I can find anything myself.

KeiroStarr
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #26 on: August 22, 2014, 09:45:36 PM »

Finally got it working with some help.

I put in frostymm's BrawlEX template files (http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203448) to my SD card, then I used the Brawl Managers from http://www.lakora.us/brawl/ and added in the CSPs and whatnot, and it worked perfectly. now to figure out how to give each character custom victory themes. ^^

Pages:  1 [2]
    Print
    Jump to: