Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PSA Tutorial for 100% noobs! (Who don't innately understand HEX)  (Read 1990 times)
Wingzero007
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: February 24, 2015, 08:20:07 PM »

I am looking to modify some psa's in vanilla brawl to make them more balanced and I cannot to save my life figure out how to begin I researched youtube tutorials but they date all the way back to 2009 ... is there any way I can get a teacher or something to help me on my way through modding?

::Some things to know::
- I am not math savvy
- To many words overwhelm me
- I learn hands on

If you are willing to teach me I want to keep brawl modding moving forward at least until we can emulate and mod super smash bros u of course.

[Main goal right now is to simply add damage and increased knock-back to Squirtle's water gun and Mario's FLUDD.]

Mawootad
Intermediate Kitten

• Awards Famous Hacker >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 07:12:54 PM »

Ultra-basic tutorial for how to work in hex:
    Open windows calculator
    Switch to programmer mode (alt+3)
    Then,

To convert hex into decimal:
    Go to hexidecimal mode
    Enter your hexidecimal number
    Switch to decimal mode

To convert decimal into hex:
    Go to decimal mode
    Enter your decimal number
    Switch to hexidecimal mode

Actual mathematical explanation for hex:
    In the decimal system (aka normal numbers) we write numbers as a combination of 0-9 in an order that represents how many powers of 10 those numbers should be multiplied by.  So when you write 123 in decimal what you're actually expressing is 1*A^2+2*A^1+3*A^0 (where A here is a symbol representing what you'd normally call the number 10).  Hexidecimal is very much like decimal, except instead of using 0-9 and powers of 10 you use 0-F (with A representing 10, B representing 11, etc, F representing 15).  So if we were to write 123 in hexidecimal it would be 1*G^2+2*G^1+3*G^0 (with G representing what's normally called 16), or in decimal notation 1*16^2+2*16^1+3*16^0 = 1*256+2*16+3*1 = 291.  Hexidecimal is used a lot in programming because two base 16 numbers fully represent a byte and 16 is close enough to 10 to neither require an absurd amount of space to write nor require an absurd number of extra symbols.

1blitzer1
    Expert Kitten

The cake is a lie!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: March 08, 2015, 11:30:44 PM »

Hex DOES NOT EQUAL PSA, it only helps a bit. I also need help with psa s though... I want to make midbus...

https://youtube.com/watch?v=hQPO-5WjpFU

The announcer sings the pokemon song Cheesy

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: