Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2
Author Topic: A sorta question thread...  (Read 4819 times)
Direact_N1
Mega Kitten

Mostly just a question person, haven't made stuff.

View Profile Awards
« on: September 03, 2015, 05:53:21 PM »

These are a few questions I've had for a while about the process of hacking Brawl:

1. In Mugen, there's two three main versions of it, and certain characters/stages/etc... won't work according to which version you use it in. I say this, because, with PSAs and stuff, which Brawl should I mod, "vanilla", Project M or other versions? Are there advantages/disadvantages to choosing to mod one over the other? Would certain mods only work with a certain version of Brawl?

2. What would be the easiest method for simply putting hacks in the game? (I can't remember if I already asked this or not...)

3. Sort of random, but has anyone ever managed to code a sort of "VS." screen before the battle starts? Like in Smash Run on Smash 3DS after the initial gathering stage. I doubt it, but I've seen hacks on Youtube do cool things before, and I'd love to have a VS. screen on Smash.

4. How would you add more character slots to mod over? And is it possible to add stage slots, too?

5. How do you swap movesets?

Sorry for all the questions lately. I'm just real interested in trying this out... Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 03:21:37 PM by Direact_N1 » Logged

windhunter7
BrawlVault Gatekeeper
Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker Super Saiyan Topic RAGE!! Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 07:27:45 PM »

2. What would be the easiest method for simply putting hacks in the game? (I can't remember if I already asked this or not...)

The easiest method that I know of would be to download Hackless Project M, and then if you go to "projectm"->"pf"->"fighter"/"system"(fighter for putting PSAs and costumes on the characters, and system for giving the characters the proper character select screen icons)

Direact_N1
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 08:16:12 PM »

That does sound pretty easy. Would that work for stages, effects and the main menu, too?

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2015, 01:33:35 PM »

Stages, yes, since P:M has its own stages, showing that it's stage-hacking compatible; I dunno about effects, but the main menu could be changed that way; though, because of P:M's expanded slots, you'd have to modify the P:M menu .pacs, or download one that's compatible with it.

Direact_N1
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: December 04, 2015, 03:28:21 PM »

Good thing I found this thread again: Is it still possible to download P: M somewhere, or is it not allowed to be on the internet at all? I really wanted to try it, too...

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2015, 05:53:06 PM »

https://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/3v3sll/download_link_to_project_m_36_hackless/

It's allowed. The reason the official site is down is complicated, and you can read about it in the Project M threads.

Direact_N1
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: December 07, 2015, 05:58:03 PM »

Sort of a add-on to question 4, but:

Has anyone figured out what the max number of character slots can be modded to, if you can even add more?

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2015, 06:12:31 PM »

I don't know the exact amount, but using something called BrawlEx, you can add at the very least 56, and, considering there are only 35 Brawl characters(On the CSS that you can pick from), that's more than double the amount of characters, so I doubt you need to worry about that. In fact, you can actually have multiple characters take up only 1 slot, unless you're that obsessive about having like 10 recolors for every single character that you add.(Since BrawlEx can be combined with cBliss, which adds extra costume slots)

Be prepared, though, because it's extremely confusing and difficult to learn.

LC-DDM
    Not your average sprite!
    Special Access

Voted "Best Guest for Campfires".

• Awards Heart Container Good Citizen KCMM Veteran 128-bit Pro Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: December 08, 2015, 02:38:59 PM »

Brawl is infinitely easier to mod because it doesn't come with the restrictions P:M has. Don't let anyone else fool you like this.

Grammar is necessary. Butchering your language isn't. If you don't have time to correct yourself, I don't have time to read your post.
    Your compilation pack is as useless as your quest for approval, and I pity both.

Climaxing to a jump scare would be pretty great.

Direact_N1
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: December 08, 2015, 06:11:19 PM »

I don't know the exact amount, but using something called BrawlEx, you can add at the very least 56, and, considering there are only 35 Brawl characters(On the CSS that you can pick from), that's more than double the amount of characters, so I doubt you need to worry about that. In fact, you can actually have multiple characters take up only 1 slot, unless you're that obsessive about having like 10 recolors for every single character that you add.(Since BrawlEx can be combined with cBliss, which adds extra costume slots)

It's hard to learn the many palette slots or more character slots? Or even worse, both?

Direact_N1
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: December 08, 2015, 06:34:46 PM »

It's hard to learn the many palette slots or more character slots? Or even worse, both?

Post Merge: December 08, 2015, 07:31:04 PM

« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 07:31:04 PM by Direact_N1 » Logged

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2015, 08:34:57 PM »

Both, or at least it was for me. I quit trying and just put costumes over palette swaps that I didn't like(e.g. Pink Yoshi), since I didn't want to spend all that time trying to figure it out. But, that was just me. Maybe you'll be able to understand it better.

Post Merge: December 08, 2015, 08:36:14 PM
    Both, or at least it was for me. I quit trying and just put costumes over palette swaps that I didn't like(e.g. Pink Yoshi), since I didn't want to spend all that time trying to figure it out. But, that was just me. Maybe you'll be able to understand it better.
    « Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 08:36:14 PM by windhunter7 » Logged

Direact_N1
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: December 24, 2015, 01:19:33 PM »

Alright, I got a SD card. What's the very first thing I should do to start? Get Homebrew Channel? It's a 8 GB Lexar card, too.

Direact_N1
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: December 27, 2015, 10:25:09 PM »

I quote this, because now that I've added a few characters. I'm going to need to try this BrawlEx. It's getting really hard to remember which palette equals each character, plus, I have a ton of Mario mods I collected right now.

ThePhantomPsychic
    Extreme Kitten

You like Krabby Patties, don't you Squidward?

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14 on: December 28, 2015, 09:20:11 AM »

Alright, I got a SD card. What's the very first thing I should do to start? Get Homebrew Channel? It's a 8 GB Lexar card, too.

Before you do ANYTHING, what version of wii do you have? (Some wii's are at the most updated point, and in order for your SD card to work, your wii needs to be at v4.1. If you have v4.2 or v4.3, you need to have a 2gb card to get it to work.)
    In order to find out what kind of wii that you have, go to Wii settings -> System settings (Not data storage) and it should show up at the top right of the settings page.

Pages:  [1] 2
    Print
    Jump to: