Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8
Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. Canon  (Read 43256 times)
PlayingGames97
Expert Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #45 on: February 08, 2016, 09:26:16 AM »

I have a relevant question to that:

Are we going to make 5 different versions in the following manner?

Smash 64
    Melee
    Brawl
    Project M(Including alternate palette swaps and single-slot movesets)
    Sm4sh

And if we are(This spoiler is applicable if any of the above is true):

Would we, if the character would require only texture changes and not recolors for the model(e.g. Like my ideas for Diddy Kong, Sheik, or Toon Link), import the model from the appropriate game before making the texture? Otherwise just import the model(s) from the game(s) that the character's from?(e.g. Like my ideas for Zelda) And if the model from the appropriate Smash game is practically the same as(With only minor differences to) the game it represents(e.g. Like Link or Ganondorf in Brawl), do we just import the model from that Smash game and leave it as is, making any necessary texture adjustments to make it properly reference the game, if it doesn't enough? Also, what about the case with Link in Brawl and Sm4sh, and how both are based off of Twilight Princess, but in Sm4sh it's an entirely different model? Would we, for characters like that, use the Sm4sh model(For the Sm4sh version, as described above; I already input my ideas for the Brawl version), and then basically just copy and paste parts of the TP textures, but add a Sm4sh-like effect to them, like rim-lits or something?
    Yeah, we can just copy and paste parts of those textures and apply rim-lits and whatnot.

And yeah, we can definitely make different versions for PM, Sm4sh and such, though I think right now we can stick to vBrawl first, and move on to PM after that.

As for alternate costumes, I think we can add in new ones with different models. For example:

Wolf can have his Star Fox 64 outfit, as well as Star Fox 2 and Assault.
    and can have their Melee outfits
    can have a proper Blood Falcon alt.
    « Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 09:39:25 AM by PlayingGames97 » Logged

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

Check out my website for tutorials and more! :)

• Awards Famous Hacker RAGE!! Fiery Topic Hyperactive Contributor

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #46 on: February 09, 2016, 12:41:15 AM »

As for alternate costumes, I think we can add in new ones with different models. For example:

Wolf can have his Star Fox 64 outfit, as well as Star Fox 2 and Assault.
    and can have their Melee outfits
    can have a proper Blood Falcon alt.

I have an idea on that: Why don't we use the outfits that the alternate palette swaps are representing? For example, for Link, his blue one could be replaced with Zora Armor(TP Model), his gold one could be replaced with Magic Armor(TP Model), his black one could be replaced with TP's Shadow/Dark Link(From the cinematic clip), his red one could be replaced with a TP-Styled texture representing the Goron Tunic from Ocarina of Time, and his purplish-colored one could be replaced with a texture referencing Fierce Deity, since that's a fan-favorite that also references the colors well. What do you think of my idea? :> Do note, though, that I'm only going to be able to come up with alt. costume ideas for the Zelda characters and a few costumes for certain other characters in this way. Also, I've never played vBrawl, so I'm just talking costumes that replace the regular Brawl swaps for now; I honestly don't even know if vBrawl even has more costumes than normal Brawl or not. What do you think of my idea?
    « Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 12:43:34 AM by windhunter7 » Logged

PlayingGames97
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #47 on: February 09, 2016, 05:04:38 AM »

I have an idea on that: Why don't we use the outfits that the alternate palette swaps are representing? For example, for Link, his blue one could be replaced with Zora Armor(TP Model), his gold one could be replaced with Magic Armor(TP Model), his black one could be replaced with TP's Shadow/Dark Link(From the cinematic clip), his red one could be replaced with a TP-Styled texture representing the Goron Tunic from Ocarina of Time, and his purplish-colored one could be replaced with a texture referencing Fierce Deity, since that's a fan-favorite that also references the colors well. What do you think of my idea? :> Do note, though, that I'm only going to be able to come up with alt. costume ideas for the Zelda characters and a few costumes for certain other characters in this way. Also, I've never played vBrawl, so I'm just talking costumes that replace the regular Brawl swaps for now; I honestly don't even know if vBrawl even has more costumes than normal Brawl or not. What do you think of my idea?
    That's a good idea with replacing the alternate pallete swaps with new models. Also, isn't vBrawl just regular Brawl?

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2016, 08:19:55 AM »

Dunno. Never played it and heard very little about itm so I honestly have no idea.

✦Dylan✦
    Holocaust Mastermind
    Extreme Kitten

Inactive, wont be returning

• Awards Tutorial Writer Active Contributor RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #49 on: February 09, 2016, 08:21:47 AM »

Sounds great BUT how would you make Kirby work? That's a challange.

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2016, 08:37:34 AM »

Not sure what you mean. If you're referring to the Kirby hats, the animations and coding can probably be copied and pasted into Kirby's animation files, and the hats would be extremely simple imports.

✦Dylan✦
    Holocaust Mastermind
    Extreme Kitten

Inactive, wont be returning

• Awards Tutorial Writer Active Contributor RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #51 on: February 09, 2016, 08:43:50 AM »

Not sure what you mean. If you're referring to the Kirby hats, the animations and coding can probably be copied and pasted into Kirby's animation files, and the hats would be extremely simple imports.
    Fair point. Still, it wouldn't be the easiest of things. I guess that's because I suck.

Also once again you show up the second I post. WTF?

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2016, 08:47:43 AM »

Also once again you show up the second I post. WTF?

Cause I'm too awesome. Cool
    Nah, I just happen to be on almost all day, except for when I have class/am on-campus or am at work or anything like that.

PlayingGames97
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #53 on: February 09, 2016, 09:02:21 AM »

Dunno. Never played it and heard very little about itm so I honestly have no idea.
    Did a quick search. It's indeed just unhacked Brawl.

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2016, 09:05:06 AM »

Huh. I always heard and thought that it was like Brawl+ or Brawl-, never considering if the 'v' just meant "Vanilla". Now it all makes sense. Tongue

PlayingGames97
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #55 on: February 09, 2016, 01:17:07 PM »

Huh. I always heard and thought that it was like Brawl+ or Brawl-, never considering if the 'v' just meant "Vanilla". Now it all makes sense. Tongue
    Same here haha.

By the way, when we fix 's height, I think we can just do that via his moveset file (Just look at things like Pikadorf and so on, you can stretch characters however you want with mere movesets)

windhunter7
    BrawlVault Gatekeeper
    Angel Kitten

« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2016, 01:38:09 PM »

That would be smart to do it with the moveset instead of single-slotted, because then, we won't have to resize each model import that we do. Smiley

Post Merge: February 09, 2016, 03:32:40 PM
    Ok. So I'm-a-back, with a list of my ideas for alternate palette swaps for the characters that I've already come up with ideas for:

Zelda:
            Red - Magic Armor(Twilight Princess; No Helmet)
            Blue - Zora Armor(Twilight Princess; No Helmet)
            Pink - Zelda(Ocarina of Time)
            Green - Hero's Clothes(Twilight Princess; No Hat)
            Black - Dark Link(Twilight Princess; Colors Only)
    Sheik:
            Red - Goron Armor(Ocarina of Time; No Hat)
            Blue - Zora Armor(Ocarina of Time; No Hat)
            Pink - Zelda(Ocarina of Time; Colors Only)
            Green - Hero's Clothes(Ocarina of Time; No Hat)
            Black - Dark Link(Ocarina of Time; Colors Only)
    Toon Link:
            Red/Blue/Purple - Link(Four Swords/Four Swords Adventures)
            Green & Brown - Link(The Legend of Zelda)
            Black - Dark Link(Four Swords/Four Swords Adventures)
    Ganondorf:
            Blue - Zora Armor(Twilight Princess; No Helmet; Add Iron Boots)
            Green - Hero's Clothes(Twilight Princess; No Helmet; Add Iron Boots)
            Red - Magic Armor(Twilight Princess; No Helmet; Add Iron Boots)
            Brown - Ganondorf(Ocarina of Time)
    Diddy Kong:
            Pink - Dixie Kong(Donky Kong Country 2)

Post Merge: February 09, 2016, 10:47:56 PM
    Also, my ideas for Donkey Kong and Luigi.

Donkey Kong:

Texture Change - Retexture to reference his Mario Party 4 appearance

Luigi(Model/Texture Changes):

Change colors to like in Mario Party 4, but make him always nervous, like in Luigi's Mansion; also, have him always holding his Game Boy Horror, although it won't serve any purpose.
    Green & White - Fire Luigi
    Purple - Waluigi
    Blue - Ice Luigi

Luigi(Moveset Changes; Note: Any use of the word "sucks" or any of its variants simply means that Luigi is using the Poltergust for that):

Final Smash - Luigi sucks up the character in front of him, then shoots the character out of the vacuum at high speed.
    Up-B - Luigi sucks in reverse, which blows him away from the ground.
    Side-B - Use Selected Elemental Medal(See Down-B)
    Down-B - Swap between Fire Elemental Medal, Ice Elemental Medal, and Water Elemental Medal. The fire one will do high damage, but have no power; the ice one will do medium damage and no power, but have a chance of freezing the opponent; and, the water one will do minimal damage, but have really high power.
    B - Use Flashlight. If it successfully hits an opponent correctly, then the opponent is briefly stunned.
    Side-Smash - Start to suck an enemy. If the enemy is moving, you must match the movements on the joystick, just like Luigi's Mansion when sucking up a common ghost; the difference being, while you're attached, you'll just deal damage, and never be able to use this to fire someone off the stage or kill them automatically; only deal damage. Occasionally, hearts may drop in the middle of using this move, and any character can pick them up.
    Various A Attacks - Swing with the poltergust(Not suck with it, but swing it like it's a sword, almost)
    Grab - Suck an opponent to grab them, then shoot them from the Poltergust
    Side-Taunt - Call out for Mario
    « Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 10:47:56 PM by windhunter7 » Logged

PlayingGames97
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #57 on: February 11, 2016, 02:29:40 PM »

That would be smart to do it with the moveset instead of single-slotted, because then, we won't have to resize each model import that we do. Smiley

Post Merge: February 09, 2016, 03:32:40 PM
    Ok. So I'm-a-back, with a list of my ideas for alternate palette swaps for the characters that I've already come up with ideas for:

Zelda:
            Red - Magic Armor(Twilight Princess; No Helmet)
            Blue - Zora Armor(Twilight Princess; No Helmet)
            Pink - Zelda(Ocarina of Time)
            Green - Hero's Clothes(Twilight Princess; No Hat)
    Sheik:
            Red - Goron Armor(Ocarina of Time; No Hat)
            Blue - Zora Armor(Ocarina of Time; No Hat)
            Pink - Zelda(Ocarina of Time; Colors Only)
            Green - Hero's Clothes(Ocarina of Time; No Hat)
            Black - Dark Link(Ocarina of Time; Colors Only)
    Toon Link:
            Red/Blue/Purple - Link(Four Swords/Four Swords Adventures)
            Green & Brown - Link(The Legend of Zelda)
            Black - Dark Link(Four Swords/Four Swords Adventures)
    Ganondorf:
            Blue - Zora Armor(Twilight Princess; No Helmet; Add Iron Boots)
            Green - Hero's Clothes(Twilight Princess; No Helmet; Add Iron Boots)
            Red - Magic Armor(Twilight Princess; No Helmet; Add Iron Boots)
            Brown - Ganondorf(Ocarina of Time)
    Diddy Kong:
            Pink - Dixie Kong(Donky Kong Country 2)

Post Merge: February 09, 2016, 10:47:56 PM
    Also, my ideas for Donkey Kong and Luigi.

Donkey Kong:

Texture Change - Retexture to reference his Mario Party 4 appearance

Luigi(Model/Texture Changes):

Change colors to like in Mario Party 4, but make him always nervous, like in Luigi's Mansion; also, have him always holding his Game Boy Horror, although it won't serve any purpose.
    Green & White - Fire Luigi
    Purple - Waluigi
    Blue - Ice Luigi

Luigi(Moveset Changes; Note: Any use of the word "sucks" or any of its variants simply means that Luigi is using the Poltergust for that):

Final Smash - Luigi sucks up the character in front of him, then shoots the character out of the vacuum at high speed.
    Up-B - Luigi sucks in reverse, which blows him away from the ground.
    Side-B - Use Selected Elemental Medal(See Down-B)
    Down-B - Swap between Fire Elemental Medal, Ice Elemental Medal, and Water Elemental Medal. The fire one will do high damage, but have no power; the ice one will do medium damage and no power, but have a chance of freezing the opponent; and, the water one will do minimal damage, but have really high power.
    B - Use Flashlight. If it successfully hits an opponent correctly, then the opponent is briefly stunned.
    Side-Smash - Start to suck an enemy. If the enemy is moving, you must match the movements on the joystick, just like Luigi's Mansion when sucking up a common ghost; the difference being, while you're attached, you'll just deal damage, and never be able to use this to fire someone off the stage or kill them automatically; only deal damage. Occasionally, hearts may drop in the middle of using this move, and any character can pick them up.
    Various A Attacks - Swing with the poltergust(Not suck with it, but swing it like it's a sword, almost)
    Grab - Suck an opponent to grab them, then shoot them from the Poltergust
    Side-Taunt - Call out for Mario
    Added your costume and moveset ideas, look great ^^

omegafalcon
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #58 on: February 11, 2016, 07:10:56 PM »

Hey, I came up with a couple of ideas for Lucas:

Up Smash - PK Flash
    Similar to his original Up Smash, but only hits above him instead of having hitboxes surrounding him

Neutral Special - PK Love
    Extends his arms and legs outward while floating then slowly curls into a ball, then quickly extends his arms and legs again generating an explosion(similar to his Up Smash but with the GFX surrounding him)

Side Special - PSI Shield/PKI Counter
    Points forward generating a shield, when the shield is hit by a melee attack it pulses and stuns the opponent then moves forward dealing half the dmg and kb that would have been taken(Lucas also receives half the dmg but not the kb)

Down Special - Defense Up
    Similar to OffenseUp but instead decreases base dmg and kb taken while also increasing the dmg and kb output of PSI Shield/PSI Counter

Up Special - Offense Up
    Increases the attack powers of his next attack(charge similar to PM version). When used in the air Lucas will propel himself upward, similar to the second part of PK Thunder, but only does dmg on startup

[SIG REMOVED: Please follow the signature height and width rules.]

PlayingGames97
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #59 on: February 12, 2016, 02:35:49 AM »

Hey, I came up with a couple of ideas for Lucas:

Up Smash - PK Flash
    Similar to his original Up Smash, but only hits above him instead of having hitboxes surrounding him

Neutral Special - PK Love
    Extends his arms and legs outward while floating then slowly curls into a ball, then quickly extends his arms and legs again generating an explosion(similar to his Up Smash but with the GFX surrounding him)

Side Special - PSI Shield/PKI Counter
    Points forward generating a shield, when the shield is hit by a melee attack it pulses and stuns the opponent then moves forward dealing half the dmg and kb that would have been taken(Lucas also receives half the dmg but not the kb)

Down Special - Defense Up
    Similar to OffenseUp but instead decreases base dmg and kb taken while also increasing the dmg and kb output of PSI Shield/PSI Counter

Up Special - Offense Up
    Increases the attack powers of his next attack(charge similar to PM version). When used in the air Lucas will propel himself upward, similar to the second part of PK Thunder, but only does dmg on startup
    I added a few of your suggested abilities, Lucas already has a couple of those abilities Smiley
    « Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 02:50:55 AM by PlayingGames97 » Logged

Pages:  1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8
    Print
    Jump to: