Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2 3 4 ... 7
Author Topic: Drako Yoshi - V1 RELEASE + Vertex for V2?  (Read 32199 times)
SiLeNtDo0m
Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « on: June 08, 2010, 02:30:03 PM »

So here are my first PSA project that I'm currently working on:
    DRAKO YOSHI

V1 DOWNLOAD: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=8444&DiplayName=Drako Yoshi V1

FULL CHANGLIST FOR V1:
     - The Final Smash has now been added and works perfectly!!  See what you think
     - Edited 2nd jump.  Instead of his Flutter jump he does a somersault (inspired from Yoshi Baddally).  Interestingly, this second jump can also be momentum cancelled like in Melee.
     - The neutral AAA combo is now faster and should link better
     - The F Tilt is now faster
     - The U Tilt now has a longer lasting hitbox and is able to hit the foe from behind
     - The D Tilt now "downs" the enemy at the tip of the tail (it also does less damage at the tip of the tail but more on the other parts)
     - Dash Attack final hit has less knockback.
     - The U Smash now has MUCH less knockback/knockback growth.  It kills far more realistically now.
     - The U Air now stuns the opponent at the tip of the tail
     - The B Air does less damage and a lot less knockback (won't freeze until after 50%)
     - His Neutral B now does less damage (but the same knockback)
     - His Side B also does less damage
     - His grounded Up B now actually hits.  It works more as a defensive move
     - His Down B also has reduced damage overall.
     - His aerial Up B now has different graphic effects and sound effects (not shown in vid).
     - He is slightly heavier (109 weight) and falls a bit faster.

Vid showing the FULL MOVESET (for Drako Yoshi V1)
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vmi_d_uFInY" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vmi_d_uFInY</a>

Here are some IN GAME pics showing off some new moves:

Drako Yoshi!!

Wait 2 is now Wait 1

Up Smash (Destruction Pillar)

B Air (Frost Kick)

Side B (Wheel of Solaris - the shield has been changed, it no longer looks like this)

N Air (Spinning Slash)

Up B (Dragon's Flight)

Down B (Meteor Strike)

Neutral B (Nova Bullet)

Moveset

Firstly, he has altered waiting animations and a brand new running animation resemblent of that of Charizard's running animation.  His run speed is also a lot faster (almost as fast as Sonic's) but his grip is poor.

AAA combo - The first attack remains the same, but the second his is low F Tilt and I added a 3rd attack where he spits a small fireball for multiple hits of damage.  Damage = 3+4+1,1,2 (total 11)

F Tilt - I've combined his high F Tilt and low F Tilt to create a double hitting move with decent speed and a fiery graphic.  Damage = 6+8 (total 14)

U Tilt - Same as the old U Smash, but weaker, less knockback, more speed and a fiery flag. Damage = 9

D Tilt - Same as the old D Tilt, except it can trip at the tip of the tail.  Great for combos.  Damage = 8 (6 at the tip)

Dash Attack - Drako does a fiery spin similar to Sonic's F Air.  A good follow up from the D Tilt.  Damage = 2+2+2+2+2+4 (total 14)

F Smash - Same as the old F Smash but with more knockback and an explosion effect.  Damage = 16 uncharged

U Smash - Drako spins around then summons up two fiery explosions either side of him.  This move is very powerful and has great range but is also very slow.  Damage = 20% uncharged

D Smash - Same as the old D Smash but now has a bit more knockback and slash flags.  Damage = 12% uncharged

N Air - A multi hit damaging spin with slash properties.  Uses Ness' N Air animation Great for combos.  Damage = 2+2+2+4 (total = 10)

F Air - Same as before except it has an explosion effect like the F Smash and has some nice hitlag on sweetspot contact.  Damage = 16/10

B Air - Drako does an icy kick with the same animation as Ness' B Air (freezes on high % at the sweetspot).  Damage = 15/8

D Air - Exactly the same as the old one except again fiery. Damage = 33 maximum

Neutral B: Nova Bullet - Yoshi spits a fast and fairly strong fireball with a high but set knockback.  Also if used in the air he (for some reason) gains quite a bit of vertical momentum.  Damage = 8%

Side B - Wheel of Solaris - Same as the old one except hits the opponent straight downwards onto the ground and is fiery.  Damage = 4%

Up B Ground - Wyvern Screech - Yoshi creates a powerful screech which stuns and damages nearby enemies= Damage = 2+2+2+2+2+2 = Total 12%

Up B Air - Dragon's Flight - Yoshi soars into the skies with his wings (like in Pit's Up B).  Effect lasts for just over 4 seconds and can be cancelled using the shield button. Damage = 0%

Down B - Meteor Strike - Simliar to before, but more powerful and connects much better.  Somewhat like a fiery meteor.  Damage = 24% if all hits land

Throws remain completely unchanged.

Final Smash - Nova Storm - Yoshi spins around, harnessing the power of fire and creates a giant voretx of flame followed by a powerful explosion that sends foes outwards. Damage = Total 75%

Finally, I'd like to ask if anyone would be able to do a nice vertex/model hack of Drako Yoshi to go with the mvoeset (since mine is kinda lame).  Ideally He should have horns on the sides of his head (like in my model but better, possibly longer) and claws on his fingers (though if you are going to make a texture, make the claws the same as the rest of the hand instead of a "nail" colour).  Also could there also be a vertex hack of the feet to make the look more dragon like (so talons).  Finally, I'd like to request for the wings also to look more like dragon wings rather than caley bird wings.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 04:15:30 PM by SiLeNtDo0m » Logged

songeflemy
    Master Puppeteer
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Good Citizen KCMM Veteran Heart Container Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 09:20:39 PM »

Oh, so you DON'T want me to make it for you?

SiLeNtDo0m
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 01:21:44 AM »

No thanks.  In fact I said in the topic I made that I would at least attempt to make it myself so you don't have to worry  Wink  I'm almost done infact, just gotta make do the Final Smash and smoothen out the rough edges.

songeflemy
    Master Puppeteer
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 07:16:01 AM »

Okay then, if you need help come and find me.

SiLeNtDo0m
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 01:17:13 PM »

Ok I've added the stuff that I need/may need help with in the OP.

songeflemy
    Master Puppeteer
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 01:27:21 PM »

What do you need.

SiLeNtDo0m
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010, 01:35:21 PM »

Basically the things that I've highlighted in red at the bottom.  In particular though, the Up Smash and the Up B.

Nuke
    Last of the Breed
    Holy Kitten

• Awards FistBump! Super Saiyan Topic KCMM Veteran Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: June 10, 2010, 02:05:58 PM »

For the up smash u need 2 use the y and x offsets... Z sometimes work but I think it depends the direction the character is standing... Also making the hit boxes bigger might help...

FC:4898-8419-2778

Mr.N
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: June 10, 2010, 02:45:08 PM »

I had nothing to  do and read through your thread.
    Up Smash:
    Y: Moves up and down.
    x: Moves horizontal
    z:Moves into the screen.
    If you use a graphic always use bone ß in such cases because you are independent of any bones then.
    Here is the problem. If you have my version of SmashAttacks. In graphic the Z and X offsets are switched. If you move a graphic in z direction it moves upwards. If you move a hitbox in z direction it moves into the screen and can't hit any longer (we only have 2 dimensions, not 3).
    This is a little bug.
    Graphic: Y and Z
    Hitbodx: Yand X
    External graphics work like hitboxes.
    My explanation is only right if you use bone 0. If it's an other bone it will follow the bone and rotate everything so that you have to test in which direction the angles face.
    I hope you understand my terrible explanation and it helps you.

UpB: I think moving loke pit is impossible. Perhaps with BrawlBox it might be possible if you make a turning animation and do some probramming work but it's pretty hard if you are unexpereanced. Flying without turning around and is easy. He'll fls bachwards then.

Neutral B: Perhaps the offset again is the problem. Don't know the exact problem

SiLeNtDo0m
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2010, 01:24:01 AM »

Up Smash - Ah ok I'll try that.  It's just that with every other move the Z offset seems to work so I just got confused.

Neutral B - Yeah it had to do with the Z offset of the ThrowN bone.  I changed it to "121" instead of "301" and it works great.  Though it still doesn't hit.  Do I have to repeat the offensive collision or something?

Up B - I'm not really too fussed if he flies backwards; it's just that when I use Up B in the air, he rockets up to hyper space but if I use it on the ground he can't move up at all.  I've set the momentum to 1 for each of them.  Do I need to add "Set Air/Ground" on the gorund Up B subaction?

SiLeNtDo0m
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2010, 11:24:55 AM »

Bumped because of new video!

Nuke
    Last of the Breed
    Holy Kitten

• Awards FistBump! Super Saiyan Topic KCMM Veteran Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: June 13, 2010, 12:15:55 PM »

Very nice... Looking forward 2 the release...

FC:4898-8419-2778

Maikito
    DEITY OF AWESOMENESS!
    Mega Kitten

Have you found what you seek?

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: June 13, 2010, 12:58:26 PM »

That looks awesome.

songeflemy
    Master Puppeteer
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: June 13, 2010, 02:40:22 PM »

Bumped because of new video!

The best topic bump in the History of KC-MM.

Edit: I WANTS TO SEE WOLF PSA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    « Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 02:41:59 PM by songeflemy » Logged

SiLeNtDo0m
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2010, 07:50:57 AM »

Yes the Wolf PSA.  It's basically a MAX Onslaught version of Wolf.  I also plan on giving him a brand new final smash as well Cheesy

EDIT: Still having problems with Drako's Up Smash.  Here's what I have:

I'm using PSA 2.1 and I'm still confused about what's wrong.
    « Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 09:52:11 AM by SiLeNtDo0m » Logged

Pages:  [1] 2 3 4 ... 7
    Print
    Jump to: