Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hack Migration: Making the journey from P:M 2.1 to 2.5  (Read 2367 times)
mogwai
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: December 25, 2012, 02:39:42 AM »

Hey all, I'm a P:M hacker, and did a lot in 2.1. with 2.5 releasing in less than a week, I will, as well an several others, begin the process of moving all character/stage/music/etc hacks to the new version. I was wondering if there were certain things to look out for as far as moving the files. It isn't out yet, I know, but if there's anyone out there who could provide advice as to certain hacks that may not make the transition smoothly, if at all. Anyone got advice?

SiLeNtDo0m
Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: December 25, 2012, 06:25:19 AM »

Basically, take your texture files, custom stages and BRSTMs, copy them elsewhere out of your SD card, then when you download 2.5 simply replace your codes folder and pf folder (private/app/wii/RSBE/pf) with the new ones in 2.5.  Finally, just copy and paste the textures, stages and BRSTMs from before back onto your SD card.

If you have replaced CSPs and stuff, I'd recommend extracting the PNG files from the common5.pac (open the file up in Brawlbox) then replace them in the new common5.pac. 

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: