4F - 9 (10.5%)
4F - 9 (10.5%)
4E - 11 (12.8%)
2E - 9 (10.5%)
2E - 4 (4.7%)
2E - 10 (11.6%)
Total Voters: 86

Pages:  1 ... 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 ... 135
Author Topic: ASF1nk's Interface Mods *NEW 100% Tutorial for Riivolution*  (Read 856298 times)
(specter)
Holy Kitten

• Awards KCMM Veteran Heart Container Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #930 on: December 06, 2010, 09:08:42 PM »

Quote from: SpacePirateOverlord link=topic=6201.msg299787#msg299787
    I believe to do that, you have to manually rename the file itself in the folder by right clicking and selecting rename.

I did that but it's just named "sephirothname.tga" and is still a PNG file.

Quickman
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #931 on: December 07, 2010, 02:20:03 PM »

Well, I read the thread and I did what it said (except to remove alloys, I removed them once but the character slots were still there.) I renamed the selcharacter and selmap files, put them in pf/menu2, I downloaded the code file with everything in it. (the very bottom one.) and when I load up the game, my CSS looks like the normal SSBB one, except with 6 extra character slots for the alloys. (Also, just in case you didn't know, I don't think using more than one alloy is a good idea for a brawl, I used all four and it froze.)

(specter)
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #932 on: December 07, 2010, 02:30:16 PM »

Well, I read the thread and I did what it said (except to remove alloys, I removed them once but the character slots were still there.) I renamed the selcharacter and selmap files, put them in pf/menu2, I downloaded the code file with everything in it. (the very bottom one.) and when I load up the game, my CSS looks like the normal SSBB one, except with 6 extra character slots for the alloys. (Also, just in case you didn't know, I don't think using more than one alloy is a good idea for a brawl, I used all four and it froze.)

Did you add the codes to your original GCT using Code Manager? You said you downloaded the code file, but you're supposed to copy and paste the codes into your old txt file, use Code Manager and export it to your GCT.

And I was able to use all four Alloys once without a freeze. Make sure the 4P slot is an Alloy if you're planning on fighting one in an FFA, otherwise it will freeze if any other slot has an Alloy. It should never freeze if the Alloy is in the 4P slot. Works for me all the time.

Quickman
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #933 on: December 07, 2010, 03:17:47 PM »

Did you add the codes to your original GCT using Code Manager? You said you downloaded the code file, but you're supposed to copy and paste the codes into your old txt file, use Code Manager and export it to your GCT.
    Wait, I thought the file he had at the bottom of the post were for people who don't know how to make codes. Shouldn't that mean I should just be able to insert them and put it in my codes folder? That's what it said. I downloaded "GCT: Contains Everything Brawl Essential, Custom CSS Essential, Brawl Optional,
              Giga Bowser/Warioman/Alloys Codes" and right above it, there was text stating that I just had to put it in my codes folder at the root of my SD card (which I did.) Also, would you happen to know why if I go to the SSS, I HAVE to click random to select a stage or the game will freeze?
    « Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 03:24:29 PM by SpacePirateOverlord » Logged

ASF1nk
    HAX PRODIGY
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards >9000 Star Hacker Heart Container Pin Collector

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #934 on: December 07, 2010, 03:42:04 PM »

To remove the Alloys you need to also remove the codes for them, since you downloaded the GCT that contains everything, that is why the icons still showed up.
    The GCTs are for people that don't know how to make them, they basically contain everything for the CSS to work and a few add-ons a vBrawler would need, but if you have other codes that you would like to add or if you would like to play B- or B+ with a CSS that's why I provided the actual codes used in the GCT in which case you will need code manger to make your own custom GCT.

(specter)
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #935 on: December 07, 2010, 04:00:40 PM »

Wait, I thought the file he had at the bottom of the post were for people who don't know how to make codes. Shouldn't that mean I should just be able to insert them and put it in my codes folder? That's what it said. I downloaded "GCT: Contains Everything Brawl Essential, Custom CSS Essential, Brawl Optional,
              Giga Bowser/Warioman/Alloys Codes" and right above it, there was text stating that I just had to put it in my codes folder at the root of my SD card (which I did.) Also, would you happen to know why if I go to the SSS, I HAVE to click random to select a stage or the game will freeze?

That's what it's for, but like ASF said if you have other codes you'll have to add those too, which is why I said just don't bother downloading the GCT from here and copy the codes yourself and just paste them into your original GCT. It will save you time.

Also, about the SSS freeze, make sure you have Disable Custom Stage code on (I told you people will be having this problem, ASF1nk Tongue).

Quickman
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #936 on: December 07, 2010, 05:13:25 PM »

To remove the Alloys you need to also remove the codes for them, since you downloaded the GCT that contains everything, that is why the icons still showed up.
    The GCTs are for people that don't know how to make them, they basically contain everything for the CSS to work and a few add-ons a vBrawler would need, but if you have other codes that you would like to add or if you would like to play B- or B+ with a CSS that's why I provided the actual codes used in the GCT in which case you will need code manger to make your own custom GCT.
    Oh, I know hw to remove the alloys, I did it twice before and downloaded one of the GCTs that didn't have the alloy codes, then I did tutorial where I replaced the one file in BrawlBox to remove the Alloys.

Quickman
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #937 on: December 07, 2010, 05:19:08 PM »

Alright, so I copied all the codes (exceot the Giga Bowser/Wario Man/ Alloys codes) into a TXT file, opened it with the code manager, checked what I want, then exported it to my codes folder, is this correct?

EDIT:
    I think I figured out the problem, I put the codes in private > wii > app > RSBE > pfmenu2
    I think (after reading the first post better) I was supposed to go  private > wii > app > RSBE > pf > menu2.
    « Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 05:28:17 PM by SpacePirateOverlord » Logged

(specter)
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #938 on: December 07, 2010, 05:30:43 PM »

Alright, so I copied all the codes (exceot the Giga Bowser/Wario Man/ Alloys codes) into a TXT file, opened it with the code manager, checked what I want, then exported it to my codes folder, is this correct?

EDIT:
    I think I figured out the problem, I put the codes in private > wii > app > RSBE > pfmenu2
    I think (after reading the first post better) I was supposed to go  private > wii > app > RSBE > pf > menu2.

Yeah, that's right.

No codes should be in any other folder than the codes folder on the root of your SD card. Menu2 is only for the character select and stage select screens.

ASF1nk
    HAX PRODIGY
    Supreme Kitten

« Reply #939 on: December 07, 2010, 05:31:43 PM »

Yea export as RSBE01 and put it in your codes folder.
    Or you can just download the 2nd GCT
    GCT: Contains Brawl Essential, Custom CSS Essential & Brawl Optional
    Which saves you time contrary to what specter said.
    You only need the disable custom stages code if your loading Gecko through the Smash Stack exploit.

(specter)
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #940 on: December 07, 2010, 05:34:09 PM »

Yea export as RSBE01 and put it in your codes folder.
    Or you can just download the 2nd GCT
    GCT: Contains Brawl Essential, Custom CSS Essential & Brawl Optional
    Which saves you time contrary to what specter said.
    You only need the disable custom stages code if your loading Gecko through the Smash Stack exploit.

No because then you have to add the codes to that GCT. That's why I said just add it to the one you already have. It saves time because you don't download anything.

Quickman
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #941 on: December 07, 2010, 05:36:50 PM »

YES! I finally got it to work! Now all I have to do is re-add shadow, and I added the Disable Custom Stages code for no freezing. (I think that's what you said.)

ASF1nk
    HAX PRODIGY
    Supreme Kitten

« Reply #942 on: December 07, 2010, 05:50:59 PM »

What codes? the old ones?
    Not all people have old codes that are not already in the provided, not all people even want/need their old codes, not all people know how to make GCTs.
    So unless SpacePirateOverlord had old codes that he wanted, or loads Gecko through Smash Stack he just wasted time, when he could of downloaded the 2nd GCT since he didn't want the alloys.

(specter)
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #943 on: December 07, 2010, 05:53:15 PM »

YES! I finally got it to work! Now all I have to do is re-add shadow, and I added the Disable Custom Stages code for no freezing. (I think that's what you said.)

Great. You should experience no more freezing unless when you put Shadow in there his CSP gets the sc_selcharacter.pac over its size limit or if he's a bad hack.

What codes? the old ones?
    Not all people have old codes that are not already in the provided, not all people even want/need their old codes, not all people know how to make GCTs.
    So unless SpacePirateOverlord had old codes that he wanted, or loads Gecko through Smash Stack he just wasted time, when he could of downloaded the 2nd GCT since he didn't want the alloys.

Well I didn't know if he wanted to use the pre-made codeset or not. That was my case so I just automatically assumed he wanted the same.

ASF1nk
    HAX PRODIGY
    Supreme Kitten

« Reply #944 on: December 07, 2010, 06:10:08 PM »

Yea you assume that and I assume the contrary either way as long as they get it working.
    Btw thanks for the help, I see you've been busy helping people out in here.

Pages:  1 ... 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 ... 135
    Print
    Jump to: