Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Custom ISO Help  (Read 2875 times)
Tilocoma
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: December 13, 2010, 03:07:49 PM »

I have a PAL copy of Brawl, which means no "Custom File Loader", as you all know. SO, I was just editing a backup and burning. I spent all day editing files, and I burn it to a DVD-R (dvd5). I start it on my wii with Neogamma and that's all and well. It takes a moment to load, shows my replaced Intro video and custom menu music. All seems like it is working.....until I try to leave the character selection with B and it crashes.

Okay, Restart. Now I go through, and choose a stage. CRASH. RAHHHH.

Anyone have any ideas on what the issue could be? I don't have a custom CSS, just some alt costumes (Some are vertex hacks), stages, ect.

I forgot to mention that the iso works perfectly in dolphin.

scorcher9910
Hyper Kitten

Flippin' tables and takin' names.

View Profile Awards
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 05:46:49 PM »

I think there are some glitchy PAL file patching codes.

Anti-Sora
Expert Kitten

Mask Of Virtue

View Profile WWW Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 07:11:12 PM »

Maybe the one of the file sizes is to big because dolphin is more open to increased file size while the wii being how crappy as is could not accept even 1byte to big.

Tilocoma
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 07:20:43 PM »

Maybe the one of the file sizes is to big because dolphin is more open to increased file size while the wii being how crappy as is could not accept even 1byte to big.
That could easily be it. Would it even allow me to navigate the menus then? It works up until selecting a stage. Then it crashes.

Anti-Sora
Expert Kitten

Mask Of Virtue

View Profile WWW Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2010, 10:01:57 PM »

That could easily be it. Would it even allow me to navigate the menus then? It works up until selecting a stage. Then it crashes.
see that is the source something involving a possible menu file or this might be the primary source are the stage icons or stage pictures. You need to make sure the file of the picture its self is not too big. Here's what you can do:

1. Delete everything except that character hacks. ( If it freezes still, the characters are the source of the problem. Most likely)

2. Look through your System files like Common3,5,sc_selmap,sc_selcharacter, and see if there are anything pictures or files in general that is previewed in brawlbox in an oddway. (In Example i exported picture that was 32x33 and replaced it with a picture that was 32x32 brawlbox and it would preview it all smuged,corrupted,and scratched up that especially when you know you have an issue. here is a pic of an example the icon changed all colorfulish

3. Check all your Texts for the stages if you use any colors besides black and white IT WILL CRASH.    Awesome Face AWESOME 2.0! Awesome Face AWESOME 2.0!

4. Start ALL OVER (Not the best option but most useful) and place the chracter files, then each system file at a time till you get a crash as soon as you get a crash what ever you last edited is the source.

I hope this helped!

Tilocoma
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2010, 05:17:10 AM »

see that is the source something involving a possible menu file or this might be the primary source are the stage icons or stage pictures. You need to make sure the file of the picture its self is not too big. Here's what you can do:

1. Delete everything except that character hacks. ( If it freezes still, the characters are the source of the problem. Most likely)

2. Look through your System files like Common3,5,sc_selmap,sc_selcharacter, and see if there are anything pictures or files in general that is previewed in brawlbox in an oddway. (In Example i exported picture that was 32x33 and replaced it with a picture that was 32x32 brawlbox and it would preview it all smuged,corrupted,and scratched up that especially when you know you have an issue. here is a pic of an example the icon changed all colorfulish

3. Check all your Texts for the stages if you use any colors besides black and white IT WILL CRASH.    Awesome Face AWESOME 2.0! Awesome Face AWESOME 2.0!

4. Start ALL OVER (Not the best option but most useful) and place the chracter files, then each system file at a time till you get a crash as soon as you get a crash what ever you last edited is the source.

I hope this helped!
I will try getting rid of all custom stages and re-burn. I did nothing to any of my Common files, none of the stages or character skins had preview replacements. And just to be sure that you understand, I can get to the stage select just fine. It crashes when I choose a stage.

Tilocoma
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2010, 04:33:57 AM »

Bumping to ask if there is any way to replace an entire folder at once, or will I have to replace my stange and .rel files with clean ones one by one?

Anti-Sora
Expert Kitten

Mask Of Virtue

View Profile WWW Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2010, 04:58:32 PM »

AWESOME 2.0!
Bumping to ask if there is any way to replace an entire folder at once, or will I have to replace my stange and .rel files with clean ones one by one?
you just delete the folder with a new one

Tilocoma
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2010, 04:41:59 PM »

Which program is this in? I am using wiiscrubber and signer for it's obvious purpose.

Anti-Sora
Expert Kitten

Mask Of Virtue

View Profile WWW Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2010, 06:08:44 PM »

Which program is this in? I am using wiiscrubber and signer for it's obvious purpose.

sorry but if i can figure out how to use wii scrubber and stuff i would help you.. but im only a wii platform player. i don't even get what wii scrubber does... Kirby Dance Kirby Dance Kirby Dance

scorcher9910
Hyper Kitten

Flippin' tables and takin' names.

View Profile Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2010, 08:51:25 PM »

sorry but if i can figure out how to use wii scrubber and stuff i would help you.. but im only a wii platform player. i don't even get what wii scrubber does... Kirby Dance Kirby Dance Kirby Dance

Replaces files in the ISO file as if they were actual game files, instead of dynamically patching the files in-game as Phantom Wings' code does. You can also extract files with it too, which is useful for ripping files from games.

Anti-Sora
Expert Kitten

Mask Of Virtue

View Profile WWW Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2010, 05:25:38 AM »

Replaces files in the ISO file as if they were actual game files, instead of dynamically patching the files in-game as Phantom Wings' code does. You can also extract files with it too, which is useful for ripping files from games.

oooo that's preety cool xD

Segtendo
Local Marie Fanboy
Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #12 on: December 17, 2010, 08:36:07 AM »

Yea, you can't replace entire folders in WiiScrubber. You'll have to replace each file individually.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Tilocoma
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: December 19, 2010, 11:20:59 AM »

Yea, you can't replace entire folders in WiiScrubber. You'll have to replace each file individually.
    .....Crrrrapppp. I seriously have to replace every module and stage file one by one?! FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU---------------

Anti-Sora
    Expert Kitten

Mask Of Virtue

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #14 on: December 19, 2010, 09:04:46 PM »

LOL.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: