Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How do you use CSP Packs?  (Read 1397 times)
TechMoogle
Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: August 20, 2014, 06:48:48 AM »

I've been trying to use this character select portrait pack for awhile now but all I've been able to do is get the mugshots during matches and at the results screen to change. Everything at the character select screen stays the same. I'm not too experienced using Brawl hacks beyond changing the music and character skins so I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I read something about changing sc_selcharacter.pac to sc_selcharacter_en.pac to work properly with Riivolution but that simply causes the game to crash whenever I go to the character select screen. Can someone help me with this?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 06:50:00 AM by TechMoogle » Logged

DTST
Lol Kitten

Please don't be femtwo

• Awards Featured Hot Topic Dedicated Hacker 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 06:54:52 AM »

You don't need the _en for Riivolution also Riivolution uses Common5 to load menu stuff.

Click here to find out how to be the best PSA maker in the universe.

TechMoogle
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 06:59:58 AM »

I don't really know what common5.pac is. I've heard of it but I don't have it anywhere. I thought it might have came with Riivolution but I didn't find anything upon redownloading it and it's not on my SD Card anywhere. I apologize for my ignorance.

Persona-Aya
    Mega Kitten

In awe of the talents of the Brawl Vault community

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 06:46:27 PM »

When I ran riivolution, I had no common 5.pac and my sc_selcharcter.pac had the _en at the end and worked fine.

I never had any issues myself with riivolution when it comes to loading the CSS screen replacement portraits. Make sure everything's named correctly, that you have the file in the right path (pf/menu2), that the dimensions of the portraits are okay (128x160, or anything that's the equivalent 4:5 ratio [so 100x125 works fine at least]) and that you actually put the file on the SD card (I seriously have made this mistake so many times...). I've heard others say that they get freezes when they add the _en, but I never had that issue myself. Not sure why it would freeze for you

"You need a reason to fight. But it cannot be an ideal. If you fight for ideals, the only thing you can save are ideals. There is no way you can save people" - Archer, Fate Stay/Night (Unlimited Blade Works)

You know, in a weird sense, Brawl Modding has saved my life. So thank you to everyone involved in this community! Kirby Dance

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: