Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 40
Author Topic: My Little Pony + Brawl: Mario Kart/3D Outline Render  (Read 225785 times)
Spex130
Holy Kitten

So very Spexcellent.

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Starstormer Hyperactive Contributor Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #285 on: January 08, 2012, 04:11:15 PM »

Off: You're thinking of Sonic Battle

On: The one thing I want is the thing I was talking about earlier. Without back knees, the animation will be a little awkward. Just having the option would be wonderful. That was the original reason I never made an animation for the first mannequin. I suppose if it's okay maybe I could take a look at it? I could point out the parts.

Xiggah
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #286 on: January 08, 2012, 04:33:48 PM »

Off: You're thinking of Sonic Battle

On: The one thing I want is the thing I was talking about earlier. Without back knees, the animation will be a little awkward. Just having the option would be wonderful. That was the original reason I never made an animation for the first mannequin. I suppose if it's okay maybe I could take a look at it? I could point out the parts.

Sure, I'll upload some.... things. And I have since then moved the bones to proper positions, including back knees. I'll PM a link in a second

EDIT: Actually, I think I'll post it here as well. http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ayyiec2ebcz3hxs
    « Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 05:30:18 PM by Xiggah » Logged

Get A Load of This!
    Mega Kitten

Gee it sure is anime around here.

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #287 on: January 08, 2012, 09:13:48 PM »

So yeah the download doesn't work.

Damn shame.

Feel free to ask for a quick video upload of your hack.
    GALOT's moveset ideas, need ideas?
    Latest Writeups: Evil Ryu, Amaterasu

Spex130
    Holy Kitten

So very Spexcellent.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #288 on: January 08, 2012, 09:19:50 PM »

A lot of crap happened and the link got changed like five times. He might've forgotten about this one.

In other news, more CellShading stuff:

I changed the Gradient on the texture, so now the Cell is closer to Wind Waker style. Also, I've realized that if you put Cellshading on an official character (like Toon Link) then the shading does follow the camera instead of just facing the light. But then comes the singlebind issue.

Anyways, previews.

Comparison:

Original:

New:

The edge is a lot sharper, but I could make it a bit lighter. Then it'd be perfect.

deadname mcredactedface
    Lol Kitten

Kind of want to start making mods for this again

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #289 on: January 08, 2012, 09:22:19 PM »

As of right now, this type of cell-shading is complete. Should I put up a tutorial or something?

It follows the light instead of the camera, but it's still pretty cool....
    Oh god yes, I'd love a tutorial!

And IMO it's better that it follows the light. It looks weird at times, but it'd make the characters fit into the universe better.

Xiggah
    Supreme Kitten

« Reply #290 on: January 08, 2012, 09:38:35 PM »

Link fixed.

Spex130
    Holy Kitten

So very Spexcellent.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #291 on: January 09, 2012, 02:57:36 PM »

Erm, I hope this doesn't count as spam.

Anyways, for those of you who were interested here, the tutorial for cell-shading is done.

It's in the model tutorials section.

Xiggah
    Supreme Kitten

« Reply #292 on: January 09, 2012, 07:19:59 PM »

Not spam at all, especially since I requested it. Anyways, I know most people here are used to animating in Brawlbox and not in 3DS Max, so might it be a while before any of you manage to be able to work it? I'm interested in making it easier for all of you to use.

BriefCasey795
    Supreme Kitten

What does one poot here?

• Awards Heart Container RAGE!! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #293 on: January 09, 2012, 07:40:03 PM »

So how are things coming along with the models and such and such? Also, i just thought, if we want to get some moar bronies into this thread, shouldn't we promote our hack somehow? well since that's that's the idea, look no further to these brawlvault sig posters i made! Using The Preview picture,

i managed to cram the size into the sig size for custom brawlvault banners! they have the text "FINALY! PONIES IN BRAWL!" on both. there is one with the text "Poor fluttershy" (Because on her panel, no preview was released), and one without the text. here they are

Version without "poor fluttershy" text

Version with the "poor fluttershy text" text

Now if anyone who is helping, contributing, etc to this, they should use those for their brawlvault sigs. I'll use it so any brony who sees my posts can get in here. i suggest using these to promote this project.

EDIT: Forgot to mention. on the version with the "poor fluttershy", i did make that before, only to express my excitement in this project. when xiggah said we needed more bronies,after giving it some thought, i decided to make these public.
    « Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 08:16:53 PM by Redpwnage795 » Logged

I'm back after a long while.

Naruto200Man
    Badace Kitten

Guy: Go fourth and Brawl! Lee: Yes Guy Sensei!

• Awards Hot Topic Heart Container Dedicated Hacker KCMM Veteran

« Reply #294 on: January 09, 2012, 07:47:09 PM »

@ Pwnage: Could you make some sig banners for my Krystal project? >_> thems be some epic banners.

@Xigahh: Thanks so much for the help so far Smiley
    I think I'll probly try out one of these ponies just for the lols sometime, when this project is finished.

Xiggah
    Supreme Kitten

« Reply #295 on: January 09, 2012, 07:57:24 PM »

So how are things coming along with the models and such and such? Also, i just thought, if we want to get some moar bronies into this thread, shouldn't we promote our hack somehow? well since that's that's the idea, look no further to these brawlvault sig posters i made! Using The Preview picture,

i managed to cram the size into the sig size for custom brawlvault banners! they have the text "FINALY! PONIES IN BRAWL!" on both. there is one with the text "Poor fluttershy" (Because on her panel, no preview was released), and one without the text. here they are

Version without "poor fluttershy" text

Version with the "poor fluttershy text" text

Now if anyone who is helping, contributing, etc to this, they should use those for their brawlvault sigs. I'll use it so any brony who sees my posts can get in here. i suggest using these to promote this project.

That's your signature picture, silly.
    A video preview showing in-game footage of Brawl is the promoting kind of thing I had in mind: That's what they want to see. And since I have a 3DS animation rig (that needs improvement) and an exporter, it's all the more easier for me and others to animate with. Now I just need to tell the animators...

BriefCasey795
    Supreme Kitten

What does one poot here?

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #296 on: January 09, 2012, 08:15:06 PM »

I just made the second version. btw i did make that before, only that the moment you said we some more bronies helping, i decided to make them public after giving it some thought. also that i only made that to express my excitment. sorry for not being clear enough. oh and about the animators, don't forget about turbobear. he's helping in a way, but were not down to the psas. though.

@Naru: i at least need a/some pic/pics though. send it/them to me via pm in a spoiler.
    « Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 08:18:23 PM by Redpwnage795 » Logged

Xiggah
    Supreme Kitten

« Reply #297 on: January 09, 2012, 08:54:51 PM »

Your effort is appreciated either way: More advertisement is needed, but I it should be focused on other websites and not just in forum signatures. Also, if you could get Turbobear to try out the animation package that would be nice.

BriefCasey795
    Supreme Kitten

What does one poot here?

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #298 on: January 09, 2012, 09:37:55 PM »

alright i will, but first of all, i need it so i can send it to him.

Xiggah
    Supreme Kitten

« Reply #299 on: January 09, 2012, 10:11:36 PM »

alright i will, but first of all, i need it so i can send it to him.
    The download link is in the first post.

Pages:  1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 40
    Print
    Jump to: