Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Animation help  (Read 1215 times)
SOJ
Expert Kitten

• Awards Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « on: June 25, 2011, 05:48:31 PM »

Hey guys.  Quick question.  Is it possible to copy and paste whole groups of keyframes?  I have a chr0 file that has about 150 frames, and each bone has a keyframe every other frame.  I want to extend the frames for the chr0, but once I do I need to make the keyframes repeat for all the minor bones, but that would be a pain to copy each one.  Does someone have a good method of accomplishing this, maybe in a hex editor?

Thanks in advance!

SOJ
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 12:07:42 AM »

Hmmm...ok so since I've made this post I've been doing it the dirty way.  I made an Autohotkey script to copy each frame from 1 to 120 and paste them past 121-240 and so on.

That's fine and all, but I've run into a different problem now.  I've done basically 10 seconds (up to frame 1000ish) of copying keyframes from 1-120, but now the game just freezes when I try to load the stage.  I'm pretty sure that there's a limit to how many keyframes you can have in a chr0 file.  Can someone confirm this for me?  If so this is gonna suck =\
    « Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 12:08:35 AM by SeriousPhatage » Logged

zigheart
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Famous Hacker >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 01:16:09 AM »

Hmmm...ok so since I've made this post I've been doing it the dirty way.  I made an Autohotkey script to copy each frame from 1 to 120 and paste them past 121-240 and so on.

That's fine and all, but I've run into a different problem now.  I've done basically 10 seconds (up to frame 1000ish) of copying keyframes from 1-120, but now the game just freezes when I try to load the stage.  I'm pretty sure that there's a limit to how many keyframes you can have in a chr0 file.  Can someone confirm this for me?  If so this is gonna suck =\
    do u just want the animation longer? if so u can use a frame rate modifyier via psa

My mind is like lightning, one brilliant flash and it's gone...
    Remember brawlbox 0.64b DOES NOT WORK! download .63 or under or it will give you problems later.
    Download to .63 modset: http://www.mediafire.com/?ud5s402d8u6ad6k#

Parvati ~ <3
    KC-MM's Family Drama Queen
    Supreme Kitten

i forgot about this place wow im so old now wtf

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Hey! Listen! Sniper Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 01:36:40 AM »

do u just want the animation longer? if so u can use a frame rate modifyier via psa

This^

Keep studying the greats honey, I'm one of them.
    KCMM Alumn.

SOJ
    Expert Kitten

• Awards Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 03:11:04 AM »

Well...no.  I'm using this for a stage.  What I'm trying to do is take a dragon that has 120 frames (of flapping its wings), fly by the screen at about 2 minutes into the match, and fly away.  I would like it to be flapping its wings the whole time it flys by, and frames 1-120 are perfectly animated, so I just want to copy those frames to say...frame 9000-9360 (which is 2 minutes and 30 seconds into the match).  I set the chr0's unknown2 to 0 (I'm assuming that means it doesn't loop), and I changed the frame count to 9360.  So far I have no luck.  It would seem like Brawl can only load a certain number of keyframes per stage...at least that's my guess.

I thought of a second way of accomplishing this before, but I couldn't figure out how to do it.  An alternative to animating the dragon would be to have the dragon loop it's 120 frames in place and just tween the stage to move, and have the camera follow the stage.  However, when I do that...the camera just follows the dragon and the stage moves by the screen.  I'm not sure what else I could do.
    « Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 03:14:39 AM by SeriousPhatage » Logged

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: