Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: [SOLVED] sc_selmap.pac size issues  (Read 1083 times)
Hamguy
Newbie Kitten

Somebody stop me!

View Profile Awards
« on: January 25, 2012, 05:40:03 PM »

You guys probably get a million questions like this, but I think I've exhausted all my other options.

I know that the limit for sc_selmap.pac is 1.14mb, and the one that I have is sitting at an easy 1.13. Whenever I change any of the pictures (including names), the size shoots up to ~2.3mb. I've tried all the tips and tricks (well, only indexing and posterizing), and have gotten my replacement images down to ~one half the size of the originals. But the size still goes up. What am I doing wrong? Should I just drop it?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 10:51:13 AM by Hamguy » Logged

Hero ©
Holy Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic PC Core Gamer Pin Collector 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 12:05:20 AM »

You guys probably get a million questions like this, but I think I've exhausted all my other options.

I know that the limit for sc_selmap.pac is 1.14mb, and the one that I have is sitting at an easy 1.13. Whenever I change any of the pictures (including names), the size shoots up to ~2.3mb. I've tried all the tips and tricks (well, only indexing and posterizing), and have gotten my replacement images down to ~one half the size of the originals. But the size still goes up. What am I doing wrong? Should I just drop it?

I had the exact same problem. Make sure you aren't using BrawlBox v0.63B because when you save something with it (or do anything with it), it randomly goes to 1mb to 5mb (for example). It was really weird  Im srs here

Use a older version of BrawlBox
    « Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 12:13:48 AM by hero3120 » Logged

Hamguy
    Newbie Kitten

Somebody stop me!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 10:50:46 AM »

Ah, that did the trick.

Thanks, that was really bugging me.  Grin

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: