Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Game froze mid-match  (Read 3753 times)
(specter)
Holy Kitten

• Awards KCMM Veteran Heart Container Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « on: December 10, 2010, 05:11:09 PM »

I played a full 15-stock FFA match before with computers, and when I did another match the game froze in the middle of the match. Here's the characters and stage being used:

Characters:

-Gray Fox over MK PSA
    -Zero Suit Samus with Nurse texture
    -Sephiroth over Marth PSA
    -Mario with Phillies Phan texture and SMG2 PSA

Stage:

-4chan City

GreenThunda
    The Blue Nosed Doctor
    Mega Kitten

Cotton candy.

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 05:13:12 PM »

I think the problem is.....
    4chan Tongue
    Didn't he say not to do something?

Married to: ... | Siblings: KingJigglypuff, Jokekid | Aunts: Claise | Uncles: Dingo, LenSho, Picano, Nasoka_Kewe, TJMS|

(specter)
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 05:16:51 PM »

I think the problem is.....
    4chan Tongue
    Didn't he say not to do something?

No it's not 4chan City because I've played on that level many times without a freeze.

The Corrupted one
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: December 11, 2010, 09:46:49 AM »

Have you done the match again? There are simply random freezes sometimes, especially with Gecko/SS

Feel teh powah of Phazon

(specter)
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: December 11, 2010, 10:04:37 AM »

Have you done the match again? There are simply random freezes sometimes, especially with Gecko/SS

No I haven't, but the game has never just randomly froze like that in the middle of the match. Never. And I've played through many matches.

Victory Badguy
    Slightly Different
    Holy Kitten

Electrolytes!

• Awards Staff Helper KCMM Veteran Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: December 11, 2010, 10:13:59 AM »

Can you remember exactly what was happening in the match when it froze?  That could potentially be very helpful.

However, I do have a theory in regards to your problem.  It could be your Sephiroth PSA.  I've read that it can cause freezing in certain instances, though I'm not sure why. 

(specter)
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: December 11, 2010, 10:18:19 AM »

Can you remember exactly what was happening in the match when it froze?  That could potentially be very helpful.

However, I do have a theory in regards to your problem.  It could be your Sephiroth PSA.  I've read that it can cause freezing in certain instances, though I'm not sure why. 

Yeah, I remember the computer Sephiroth was clinging to the wall on the side of the left building on 4chan city, and a Party Ball just opened with five Bob-Ombs, and that's when it froze.

Victory Badguy
    Slightly Different
    Holy Kitten

Electrolytes!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: December 11, 2010, 10:30:16 AM »

Can you remember exactly what was happening in the match when it froze?  That could potentially be very helpful.

However, I do have a theory in regards to your problem.  It could be your Sephiroth PSA.  I've read that it can cause freezing in certain instances, though I'm not sure why.  

Yeah, I remember the computer Sephiroth was clinging to the wall on the side of the left building on 4chan city, and a Party Ball just opened with five Bob-Ombs, and that's when it froze.

I see.  Well, I think that I figured out your problem.  I read in Hollow's PSA thread that some users have had the game freeze when Sephiroth does his wall-cling and attempts to do a special move.  Have you downloaded the newest version of the PSA?  That might fix it.  Otherwise, it's up to Hollow to fix the PSA.

(specter)
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: December 11, 2010, 11:08:41 AM »

Can you remember exactly what was happening in the match when it froze?  That could potentially be very helpful.

However, I do have a theory in regards to your problem.  It could be your Sephiroth PSA.  I've read that it can cause freezing in certain instances, though I'm not sure why.  

I see.  Well, I think that I figured out your problem.  I read in Hollow's PSA thread that some users have had the game freeze when Sephiroth does his wall-cling and attempts to do a special move.  Have you downloaded the newest version of the PSA?  That might fix it.  Otherwise, it's up to Hollow to fix the PSA.

I figured that's what it was.

Yeah I'm pretty sure I have the newest version.

Victory Badguy
    Slightly Different
    Holy Kitten

Electrolytes!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: December 11, 2010, 11:18:21 AM »

I figured that's what it was.

Yeah I'm pretty sure I have the newest version.

Well then, I all can say is that I don't know what to do.  Either never let the CPU play as Sephiroth, get rid of him all-together, or go to Hollow and hope that he can fix the problem.  Those are really your only options.  Sorry Sad

(specter)
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: December 11, 2010, 11:29:11 AM »

Well then, I all can say is that I don't know what to do.  Either never let the CPU play as Sephiroth, get rid of him all-together, or go to Hollow and hope that he can fix the problem.  Those are really your only options.  Sorry Sad

Sad Guess I'll just not let the CPU be him, then. This sucks. Why do you think it freezes when he does this?

Victory Badguy
    Slightly Different
    Holy Kitten

Electrolytes!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: December 11, 2010, 11:53:44 AM »

Sad Guess I'll just not let the CPU be him, then. This sucks. Why do you think it freezes when he does this?

I have no idea.  I think that Hollow said something about Sephiroth's wall-cling being special cancelable and that the CPU Sephiroths will repeatedly spam up-B while clinging to the wall.  I guess that they use up-B so much that it causes the game to freeze Sad

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: