Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A little CSP help, please...  (Read 2873 times)
RylanRD1
Advanced Kitten

Kirby Air Ride sequel, NOW!!!

View Profile Awards
« on: August 07, 2009, 11:49:37 PM »

...I don't know if it's the CUPASH, the Targa files, the USB Gecko 1.9 or my SSBB Disc, but I seem to be having some problems...

...Okay, I follow the part of the guide that somehow changes the .TGA files into CSPs and fits them inside Common5_en, I put them in the SD card, change the name from common5_en to common5, and blah blah blah. With Brawl started up with the hacks, I attempt to open the CSS, but it freezes. (God, I hate that sound, BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE--) Yeah, I've tried everything I could think of...but then again, what CAN I think of?

Anyway, enough talking, or typing, I need someone to help me. And just so I don't have to do any work, I used Youko's texture set from Smashboards. Just download the .TGA pack from there so I don't need to add anything to mediafire, rapidshare, etc;

Thank you in advance.

(--EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP)

ピカノ
THE catgirl fan
Special Access

papersak's personal stalker

• Awards Famous Hacker Heart Container Pin Collector Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 12:06:25 AM »

That the only one ya used?

If CUPASH didn't give an error it "should" work...

It's really kinda hard to say what's wrong. Tongue

So somewhat of a checklist.

Does it only freeze when csp is included?
    Any other codes on?
    What region are you (NTSC/PAL) and are you using a matching one for CUPASH?

But really... we can't help with just that info. The texture pack is up there and ifyou are the only one with this issue, then it's something on your end meaning we need more info from you specifically.

RylanRD1
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 01:03:41 AM »

Okay, I used your idea of a checklist and came up with this:

.:Does it only freeze when CSPs are included?
        -If you're meaning with the hacks I'm using right now, then yes. If you mean ever since I started hacking, there was the time when I Falcon Punched 40 or so Smart Bombs, and the time my friend tried swapping Pikachu's moveset with Giga Bowser...

.:Any other codes?
        -I had the Brawl+ hacks on, and it froze even when I took them off...

.:NTSC/PAL?
        -NTSC: Canada is the best place on Earth Tongue

.:Are you using a matching one with CUPASH?
       -...I don't get this part of the question, but I did install another CUPASH, getting the same result, if that had anything to do with the question...

...so, yeah, CSP's aren't working, so I think I should just give up on them...
    -waiting for some random persoon to jump in with a solution, which probably won't happen-

mnsg
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000 Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: August 08, 2009, 05:28:07 AM »

Since your Wii is an NTSC version, you should be extracting the common5_en.pac file.  Also, which version of the File Replacement code are you using?  If anything you should be using the File Replacement v2.1a NTSC code; practically flawless with character textures and CSPs, and my game showed no signs of freezing.  I do have the code posted here.

RylanRD1
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: August 08, 2009, 02:39:06 PM »

I'm pretty sure I had that File Replacement code before, but I replaced it, just to be safe. And one question, exactly how do I extract the common5_en.pac file? If it's just changing it to common5, then it already does that...

...Sorry for being such a noob at this Sad

Digiholic
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: August 08, 2009, 04:13:10 PM »

Did you put common5_en into the "Neededfiles" folder, or just rename it and put it on your SD card? CUPASH needs to make changes to it, so it should go into "Neededfiles" along with all your brres files when you extract them.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: