Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Replacing stock icons for cBliss skins  (Read 1696 times)
nerdbot
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: August 17, 2013, 07:42:10 PM »

I've been tinkering with adding new skins using cBliss a lot lately and I've decided to tackle the challenge of adding in stock icons. However, I have no idea where I put them to replace the default colored boxes that are used for cBliss. I know you replace the stock icons for the results screen in stage/melee/stgresult.pac. I also see there are stock icons in common5.pac under sc_selmap, but I can't tell what replacing them is for.

I mostly want to have the icons replaced on the menus, for Home Run Contest records, the stage select screen, your stock in Classic Mode, etc. Where do I replace the icons for these? Thanks!

Knuxfan24
Advanced Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 05:08:27 PM »

Replacing them in sc_selmap would replace them on the top left, with the little thumbnails showing who's playing as who. As for the in battle ones. Are they in an info_en.pac file?

nerdbot
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 10:41:29 PM »

I've replaced them in sc_selmap within common5 (in MiscData[40] to be exact) and none of the icons on the menu seem to have changed as far as I can tell.

As an example, I have a Boshi skin as Yoshi's last skin, with an icon I've made for it placed in both sc_selmap and in stgresult. The icon for the Boshi skin shows up on the stage results just fine, but on the Classic menu it's a big purple box, and on the character select screen it shows up as a Pink Yoshi icon, not a box.

With certain other characters it doesn't always show a different icon for the same character on stage select, like with R.O.B. it always just shows the red box, never anything where it shows an incorrect icon. Some characters I haven't even touched the stock icons for yet, like Dedede, have the same thing as Yoshi where it will show incorrect icons.

I'm having a hard time explaining this without sounding confusing, I'm sorry. So are the only places I should stick the stock icons common5.pac/sc_selmap/MiscData[40] and stgresult.pac? I do have an info.pac file under the info2 folder, but I can't find anything involving stock icons in there.

ASF1nk
HAX PRODIGY
Supreme Kitten

• Awards >9000 Star Hacker Heart Container Pin Collector

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 11:46:43 PM »

I don't know man...If only instructions were posted in the OP of the cBliss thread... Sad

nerdbot
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: August 19, 2013, 12:50:46 PM »

.........if only. Mario Facepalm

Thanks.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: