Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: DEADPOOL! (cheers to Nano for the vid)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5I4s74Q2WI" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5I4s74Q2WI</a>
Delicious like a chimichanga - 7 (14.9%)
SDo0m and Mephisto classy mofos ಠ_ರೃ - 9 (19.1%)
OMG A MOD WUT SORCERY IS THIS?!?! - 3 (6.4%)
- 13 (27.7%)
Seriously Classy Option™ ಠ_ರೃ - 7 (14.9%)
wherez vegeeeta? - 8 (17%)
Total Voters: 47

Pages:  1 ... 283 284 285 [286] 287 288 289 ... 515
Author Topic: SDo0m's Dark Void: Deadpool Release (pg 512)! Major thanks to Mephisto!  (Read 1800653 times)
Lightning Edge
Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #4275 on: July 22, 2011, 07:26:17 PM »

If only i could get the Spider-Man PSA to work.....

Can't wait for your Zero PSA. best video game character there is Smiley

VBrawl Main: Meta Knight
Brawl- Mains: Falco/Lucario
Favorite PSAs: Fighter Kirby/Shadow/Zero

xZedkiel
Heroic Kitten

Quitting for a while... Wish I could quit life..

• Awards Famous Hacker KCMM Veteran Heart Container Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4276 on: July 22, 2011, 07:46:38 PM »

Silent, my favorite PSA till this day stands as Gray Fox by Eternal.
    And after that it's Dissidia Cloud by you, Viewtiful Joe, Spiderman, Blademaster Marth by that guy I forgot, and both your Shadows in no particular order. All of your PSAs are amazing, diverse, and fun to play with. The animations are fluent, creative, perfect, and stick to the original character beautifully. The only thing that would ever bother me is Cloud's FS (I dislike invincibility FS's, but this is only a personal opinion), Viewtiful Joe not saying Henshin A Go-Go Baby in battle or as a victory (again, personal opinion), and the fact that Zero isn't out yet XD
    I have a feeling Zero is gonna knock Gray Fox off my number one spot! So I'm really looking forward to him, being my favorite overall Mega-Man character and whatnot. Eldiran's PSA didn't really do him justice, but it was a great PSA over all. If I get into animating, I'll hopefully make a Mega-Man Zero PSA, as I already have plans for it. But good luck to you, have a great day, and many more to come bro.
    « Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 07:47:46 PM by xZedkiel » Logged

Tasty Pumpkin Clock
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic Renowned Hacker Heart Container >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4277 on: July 22, 2011, 11:07:17 PM »

No offense taken you d!ck. JK JK JK. ;P

I agree with Data you should test it with normal Brawl psychics. It is nearly impossible to use. Although I do understand... it's incredibly difficult to find that middle ground.

He must have been foxtrotting then... point is if someone dashes they go as fast as (or faster then) Spidey web zipping.

Sorry... I should have assumed you were already making some automatically. It was late.

And I can't WAIT to see that throw. Cheesy

toastoftriumph
    Lol Kitten

(aka Mariofan1138)

• Awards Constructive Hot Topic Heart Container Novice Restorer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #4278 on: July 23, 2011, 01:26:59 AM »

I think the reason no one's given feedback is because the PSA is so well made and balanced. Personally, I think the forward smash is unique how it is, and it doesn't matter if it seems like an up-smash. The neutral-b works fine (although, I have the Brawl- codes on, so that probably makes a difference). Of course, if Spidey didn't need to stall in the middle of the air (assuming projectiles could be coded as naturally as vBrawl's), it would be more useful and dynamic for his moveset. Overall, I'm incredibly impressed by how seamlessly he adds onto the roster and fits into the game as a unique character.

A few comments/suggestions; the side-b (web-zip I think), could be improved in terms of animation. Spidey is fine; the web annoys me however because of the way it shakes a bit up and down.
    Additionally:
    I don't know if you're using shiek's whip for the web, or just an extremely thin, long cylinder, but the web would look awesome if it was a bit wavy at first before it hooks onto its target and tightens. (Pretty much, if possible, don't have the web be a straight, static line for the whole animation.
    [edit: wait a sec, I just looked at the video again. Can you aim his side-b? That would explain the shaking, so disregard that if you're able to aim it.]

The animation for the down-b in midair could also be polished. Last I looked, Spidey seems to be holding onto the web in generally the same pose from beginning to end. If he swung his legs out, it would look better. Perhaps he could let go of one of his hands from the web, put it out to the side/behind him in a dramatic pose. Finally, the move needs to accelerate and decelerate more, because I remember Spidey moving at a rather constant speed (which isn't realistic or very interesting).
    Technically, the move is designed great though. I'm not sure though if it allows for you to do it in the reverse direction you're facing though (backwards down-b). If I remember correctly, there's a large filesize for animations; maybe do a different one where he starts off the same, and turns to shoot another web and swing in the reverse direction?

The wait1 animation kinda bothers me. It doesn't look natural. It's certainly an improvement from the very first wait1 I remember seeing, when Spidey was just being started. However, maybe a bit more of a bounce to his forwards-and-backwards movement would help. Something about his hands' movement doesn't look natural though. Idk.

(Optional) An idea for a down throw: he throws the opponent up in the air, shoots a web at them, and pulls them to the ground.

Overall, I love Spiderman as a new character. Kudos to you (and especially for making it so balanced for an early beta).

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

« Reply #4279 on: July 23, 2011, 04:44:55 AM »

Thanks for the comments guys ^^  It's really nice to know that you're all enjoying the webslinger and my other PSAs.  Sometimes it's kinda difficult to show thanks, but when I wake up in the morning and see that people are having fun with the PSA then that puts a smile on my face Smiley

I think the reason no one's given feedback is because the PSA is so well made and balanced. Personally, I think the forward smash is unique how it is, and it doesn't matter if it seems like an up-smash. The neutral-b works fine (although, I have the Brawl- codes on, so that probably makes a difference). Of course, if Spidey didn't need to stall in the middle of the air (assuming projectiles could be coded as naturally as vBrawl's), it would be more useful and dynamic for his moveset. Overall, I'm incredibly impressed by how seamlessly he adds onto the roster and fits into the game as a unique character.

Thank you so much!  That was my goal from the beginning, and I'm glad that you felt I've achieved it.  And yeah unfortunately since the Neutral B is a fake projectile, without the stall the trajectory of the projectile would get messed up since it's technically "attached" to Spidey. 

A few comments/suggestions; the side-b (web-zip I think), could be improved in terms of animation. Spidey is fine; the web annoys me however because of the way it shakes a bit up and down.

The web itself is built off Sheik's chain article put over her needles (so it doesn't have floating points).  These are attached to her LHaveN bone and as a result of this move with that bone.  Unfortunately though, it also moves with her LHandN bone (which works as the parent for the LHaveN), so if her hand moves in anyway, the web's positioning is messed up too.  As a result I have to position the LHaveN bone so that it doesn't do this, but it's pretty much impossible to get the positioning right because I can't actually see the web attached to his hand in Brawlbox.  Hope this made any sense...

Additionally:
    I don't know if you're using shiek's whip for the web, or just an extremely thin, long cylinder, but the web would look awesome if it was a bit wavy at first before it hooks onto its target and tightens. (Pretty much, if possible, don't have the web be a straight, static line for the whole animation.
    [edit: wait a sec, I just looked at the video again. Can you aim his side-b? That would explain the shaking, so disregard that if you're able to aim it.]

Yeah it's built off Sheik's chain.  Although it's sectioned, if I did that it would look jagged rather than wavy.  Though personally I think it would be nice if there was a way to actually make it look more like a web than a long thin string.  The Entry animations use graphics which look nice, but the problem is doing this for Web Zips would require a ridiculously huge amount of coding in PSA.  The other way would be for it to be vertexed, but I don't vertex so someone would need to to it for me...

The animation for the down-b in midair could also be polished. Last I looked, Spidey seems to be holding onto the web in generally the same pose from beginning to end. If he swung his legs out, it would look better. Perhaps he could let go of one of his hands from the web, put it out to the side/behind him in a dramatic pose. Finally, the move needs to accelerate and decelerate more, because I remember Spidey moving at a rather constant speed (which isn't realistic or very interesting).
    Technically, the move is designed great though. I'm not sure though if it allows for you to do it in the reverse direction you're facing though (backwards down-b). If I remember correctly, there's a large filesize for animations; maybe do a different one where he starts off the same, and turns to shoot another web and swing in the reverse direction?

Well I based it off the MvC Web Swing, where he pretty much stays in the same pose the entire time.  However, you're right about the acceleration.  Through further looking he does start up slow and the speeds up nearer the end.

Also, the reason why there is no ability to turn around is because of the fact that a lot of extra coding will be needed and I'd need to completely restructure the Down B.  Unlike the Up B (which was easy), this one acts differently.  It's complex to explain, but just note that the file size would increase substantially (for the FitSheik.pac)

The wait1 animation kinda bothers me. It doesn't look natural. It's certainly an improvement from the very first wait1 I remember seeing, when Spidey was just being started. However, maybe a bit more of a bounce to his forwards-and-backwards movement would help. Something about his hands' movement doesn't look natural though. Idk.

I tried numerous Wait1 animations.  I just couldn't get it to look right >.<  Since it's based off his MvC wait pose, his movement is rather strange.

(Optional) An idea for a down throw: he throws the opponent up in the air, shoots a web at them, and pulls them to the ground.

Here are what the throws are at the moment:

B Throw (only the actual swinging bit) -
    <a href="http://youtu.be/Ezf9jXXmFlc?t=5s" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtu.be/Ezf9jXXmFlc?t=5s</a>

F Throw -
    <a href="http://youtu.be/ECm5KexMBwk?t=2m16s" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtu.be/ECm5KexMBwk?t=2m16s</a>

D Throw (again, only the actual swinging bit) -
    <a href="http://youtu.be/NzMFZJrOqoI?t=27s" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://youtu.be/NzMFZJrOqoI?t=27s</a>

Overall, I love Spiderman as a new character. Kudos to you (and especially for making it so balanced for an early beta).

Current status is V1, since there were two betas before the current release.

Tasty Pumpkin Clock
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic Renowned Hacker Heart Container >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4280 on: July 23, 2011, 05:34:46 AM »

Awesome. I was hoping for both of those web throws Cheesy.
    I have an idea for the web ball. Could you make it chargable? Then it would make sense for the enemy to be stunned longer with a stronger web ball.

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

« Reply #4281 on: July 23, 2011, 05:41:13 AM »

Awesome. I was hoping for both of those web throws Cheesy.
    I have an idea for the web ball. Could you make it chargable? Then it would make sense for the enemy to be stunned longer with a stronger web ball.

I believe I responded to the same question a while back.  Don't worry, it was quite a few pages back so it would most likely have been missed but the reason why the Web Ball isn't chargeable is because of the fact that most of the time Spidey has never been able to charge his Web Balls.  It's always been just a straight up projectile in almost everything.  That and I'd need to make extra animations for the actual charging and the coding would increase the file size A LOT (the graphics for the current Web Ball increased the file size quite a chunk, I'd need to essentially do those graphics 4 more times if I were to, say, make it chargeable for three levels)

Triforce Zelda (Deceased)
    Lol Kitten

6/30/10 - 8/18/11

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer Renowned Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4282 on: July 23, 2011, 05:51:32 AM »

The most that can be done on the webball is just make the stun longer, but maybe lessen the damage - even though it'd be like 2 percent XD but still, sorta got yourself stuck there with the ball *No pun intended*

DoctorFlux(Mariodk)
    Never Gonna Give You Up

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Heart Container KCMM 2012 Awards Winner >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4283 on: July 23, 2011, 05:54:14 AM »

sdo0m here is my feedback for spidey psa:
    ITS AWESOME!!! and perfect just like i wanted a spider man psa in SSBB
    dont care it is MvC styled this is spider-man in SSBB thats all what matter i think

i can´t say anything bad becoz there is nothing bad about it for me

I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

Lol Kitten

6/30/10 - 8/18/11

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4284 on: July 23, 2011, 05:59:02 AM »

Oh yeah, that's another thing: There's been haterz givin bad feedback just because it's based more on MvC instead of the comics and shows - c'mon! It was a fighting game so why not?

DoctorFlux(Mariodk)
    Never Gonna Give You Up

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Heart Container KCMM 2012 Awards Winner >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4285 on: July 23, 2011, 06:02:00 AM »

i only know spider-man from  TV shows and comics i never knew he was in a game figher game

and i think i am not the only one

I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

Ultraxwing
    Holy Kitten

Master of the Vault!

• Awards Constructive Hot Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4286 on: July 23, 2011, 06:06:23 AM »

I mean, why base it off of the Movies/TV shows. usually shows like that or even comics. it's a [censored] to get a "good" moveset out.

spidey is so good. cause he's fighting game based. so in essence it's a perfect port.

if i were to make Leonardo TMNT based off the television series. he would be cheesy. and throwing Pizza boxes all over the damned place. i could do Shredder but non of the zany turtles (dear god, i don't want to do the dark horse comics either cause falcon/every one else would be missing limbs and bleeding all over the place. a good balance of both)

oh and Spidey is AMAZING. i can't give out a good review. but the way he's done. it's highly acceptable.

Lol Kitten

6/30/10 - 8/18/11

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4287 on: July 23, 2011, 06:18:37 AM »

Agreed to both of the above

dpgthirteen
    Holy Kitten

Good bye everyone.

• Awards KCMM Veteran Heart Container Constructive

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4288 on: July 23, 2011, 07:05:19 AM »

I am having a hard time mastering Spidey, but the more I fail the more I play as Spidey. Can't wait till he's mastered Tongue

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

Sig by: nomnomblood

Naruto200Man
    Badace Kitten

Guy: Go fourth and Brawl! Lee: Yes Guy Sensei!

• Awards Hot Topic Heart Container Dedicated Hacker KCMM Veteran

« Reply #4289 on: July 23, 2011, 07:13:42 AM »

One thing I have to say about spidy psa so far....

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPphDSc6ZEE" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPphDSc6ZEE</a>

Pages:  1 ... 283 284 285 [286] 287 288 289 ... 515
    Print
    Jump to: