Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: DEADPOOL! (cheers to Nano for the vid)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5I4s74Q2WI" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5I4s74Q2WI</a>
Delicious like a chimichanga - 7 (14.9%)
SDo0m and Mephisto classy mofos ಠ_ರೃ - 9 (19.1%)
OMG A MOD WUT SORCERY IS THIS?!?! - 3 (6.4%)
- 13 (27.7%)
Seriously Classy Option™ ಠ_ರೃ - 7 (14.9%)
wherez vegeeeta? - 8 (17%)
Total Voters: 47

Pages:  1 ... 289 290 291 [292] 293 294 295 ... 515
Author Topic: SDo0m's Dark Void: Deadpool Release (pg 512)! Major thanks to Mephisto!  (Read 1797033 times)
Royal_Blade
Heroic Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Heart Container B

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4365 on: July 27, 2011, 09:24:38 AM »

Zero runs like Ganondorf. Im srs here
    And Ganondorf has a terrible run. Even though he's one of my mains. It's still bad.

But I like the 3 hit combo, It looks awesome! I really like the 3rd hit which makes the blade huge. I really like it.

Quote from: br3compactor
    By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
    *Fixed URL*
    My PSA Thread

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4366 on: July 27, 2011, 09:30:14 AM »

And my point is, originality doesn't matter for PSAs.  The concepts for them do sure, but if something works it works.  Is it fun to play?  Yes.  Is it well presented?  Yes.  Does it look like I spent time on it?  Yes.  So freakin what if the majority of the moveset is based on MvC.  It fits in Brawl.

This is the reason why I said "I'm offended".  It just irritates me how despite the fact that I do so many things right, people find something stupid to complain about.  Doing a PSA is not like doing a vertex.  There are WAAAAAAY more things to take into consideration with a good PSA.  

Also, PSAs like Spidey and such NEED some sort of basis for them to be truly good.  As Naru correctly said, if it was based off the cartoons or movies, I'd have very little to work with.  Heck, even getting the stuff from MvC to translate in the Brawl required quite a bit of thought.  Without source material, quality of pretty much everything would drop substantially.  The animations would be much worse since I wouldn't have a good basis for them and with the PSA elements, I'd have to spend so long finding a way to integrate them decently into Brawl that they just wouldn't feel right at all.

It's not as simple as just "adding your own stuff".  As I said before, PSAs require a lot more thought than any other kind of hack because there are so many more factors to take into account.  This is one of the reasons I removed my Roy moveset. 

than please explain how ppl made a spidey moveset from zero in first place, they didnt have a reference to begin with, they used imagination, a game eed imagination, otherwise it will be a poor interpretation of some other already created game.

also, i take offence from ur interpretation, since u think im talking about the effort, which im NOT, im neither talking about ur animation quality, so i dont even understand why u reply with that, i thought that U, someone who makes reviews, would accept some criticism, u have dissapointed me sir... (sorry im in a bad mood)

水晶空
    Mega Kitten

(゚ω゚)

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4367 on: July 27, 2011, 09:36:50 AM »

than please explain how ppl made a spidey moveset from zero in first place, they didnt have a reference to begin with, they used imagination, a game eed imagination, otherwise it will be a poor interpretation of some other already created game.

also, i take offence from ur interpretation, since u think im talking about the effort, which im NOT, im neither talking about ur animation quality, so i dont even understand why u reply with that, i thought that U, someone who makes reviews, would accept some criticism, u have dissapointed me sir... (sorry im in a bad mood)
    I don't know if you worded that out wrong, but that would just put me in a rage.
    The second part would just piss me off.

~~~~~~~

About Zero's animation, Velen and some others said what I was gonna say.
    « Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 09:39:21 AM by 水晶 » Logged

ತಎತ

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #4368 on: July 27, 2011, 09:43:38 AM »

Dude, you're missing the really obvious point.  These people made the moveset from nothing, because their a TEAM of highly experienced programmers that worked on the game for a long period of months if not years.  I'm one 16 year old kid who worked on this on and off for a couple of months and who makes hacks solely for fun and as a hobby.  That's hardly a fair comparison to make.  And if you bother saying "well you could've spent more time on it", than that's being as hypocritical as can be, considering that you were one of the people pestering me and asking "when will it be done" etc.

I didn't say you were.  I said, taking into account originality means that all those other factors are affected.  I thought I made that clear.  I was saying that if I spent ages taking the time to make it really original, the overall quality would've been lower within the same amount of time that I developed the moveset.  I wouldn't have a proper basis it on if I made it original, and as a result it would have either taken much MUCH longer for about the same quality results (and I, and even more so this entire community, don't have that kind of patience) or it would've take a similar amount of time and the quality would be much worse.  

Either way, many more people would be complaining and I probably wouldn't enjoy making it as much.  You completely missed the point of EVERYTHING I said.  When it comes down to these kinds of PSAs, originality doesn't matter for jack.

It wasn't about me taking criticism or not.  I take criticism pretty well.  If I didn't, I would have never been able to learn anything from some of the feedback given here.  Look at the past page even.  There's been plenty of feedback given on Zero's animations.  Have I been whining about it?  No.  I take everything said into account.  It's just that some comments just irritate the hell out of me because their completely useless and unnecessary or have just completely misunderstood the direction I was trying to achieve with a PSA, and end of coming as nitpicks that don't help anyone.
    « Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 09:47:34 AM by SDo0m InCaRnAtI0n » Logged

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4369 on: July 27, 2011, 10:14:07 AM »

sorry for me considering u an artist then...

anyway, for feedback, i couldnt add anything new, since all moves have already been discussed and blabla.

but i see PSAs different from vertexes:

-vertex hack: try to make it as close as original as possible.

-PSA: gives a LOT of possibilities, u can easily find reference for stuff, AND u can add ur own stuff if u want to, while u cant do that in vertex hacking.

so im just whining about u not using PSA for original stuff, instead of following the vertexers in their path to copies.

and i was only asking for releases cuz i was hyped, i mean, its spider-freaking-man!!!

sorry for any offence made.

Kamina
    Hyper Kitten

Just who the hell do you think I am?!

• Awards Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4370 on: July 27, 2011, 10:34:49 AM »

anyway, for feedback, i couldnt add anything new, since all moves have already been discussed and blabla.

-PSA: gives a LOT of possibilities, u can easily find reference for stuff, AND u can add ur own stuff if u want to, while u cant do that in vertex hacking.

so im just whining about u not using PSA for original stuff, instead of following the vertexers in their path to copies.

and i was only asking for releases cuz i was hyped, i mean, its spider-freaking-man!!!

SDoom said this moveset was based off of Spider Man's MvC3 and is doing a pretty damn good job at it.
    Also Zero is looking pretty good so far.
    « Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 10:36:58 AM by Shadow101 » Logged

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #4371 on: July 27, 2011, 10:35:46 AM »

Loving the animations for Zero so far.
    Glad you have Zero's hair animated.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4372 on: July 27, 2011, 11:02:23 AM »

SDoom said this moveset was based off of Spider Man's MvC3 and is doing a pretty damn good job at it.
    Also Zero is looking pretty good so far.

even if a moveset is based off of something, it doesnt need to be a complete copy...

SiLeNtDo0m
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

« Reply #4373 on: July 27, 2011, 11:06:55 AM »

Ah but you see, this is the problem.  PSA is EXTREMELY restrictive in what you can do.  You know what I would have loved to have done?  I would have loved to have made it so that Spidey represents the new beat-em up games more like Web of Shadows and Shattered Dimensions.  I would have loved to have made him do lots of cool web based weapon type moves.  Creativity with Spidey comes down to the way he wields his webs.  Unfortunately, due to the restrictions of moveset hacking, this kind of thing isn't really possible.

I'll take Spidey over Sheik as my example.  Sheik has no external graphic effect models, 5 articles (2 of which are extremely finicky to edit and 2 that only work with the Final Smash), a not very amazing file size limit (which is made even worse because of the fact that she shares a limit with Zelda) and a decent amount of subactions but not an amazing amount.  This meant as far as webs go, there is very little I can do.  Heck even the stuff that I could do came with some sort of restriction.  

For example, Spidey's Web Ball.  Pretty simple concept right?  Just a ball of web.  However, since Sheik has no external graphic effects, I had to use common graphics (with the help of my good man Divine of course), which means that EVERY character that uses that certain wind graphic used for the webs, now has webs instead.  Look at Sonic's F Air, Luigi's D Air, Donkey Kong's Up B, a few of Bowser's moves and even more to see what I mean.

The main thing though, is how much the Web Ball alone increased the file size by.  Using these web graphics does a load on the file size.  This is one of the main reasons why I held back on web based moves.  If a simple ball of web increases the file size by that much, just imagine how much something more elaborate would increase it by like a web weapon.

As for regular attacks, he doesn't do anything special or noteworthy as far as regular attacks go.  Infact, the MvC attacks are probably the most unique and interesting regular attacks he has.  And original normals, as I said TWICE before, would take MUCH longer, be a lot more effort, probably not look as good and as a result receive less appreciation.

I could say more, but I honestly can't be asked now.  I feel like I'm wasting my time.  

DoctorFlux(Mariodk)
    Never Gonna Give You Up

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Heart Container KCMM 2012 Awards Winner >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4374 on: July 27, 2011, 11:09:11 AM »

yeah thats  effect SMBZ mario´s Down-B abit too Sad
    on the wind GFX
    but anyway i can life with it Cheesy
    « Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 11:10:13 AM by Bender Bending Rodríguez » Logged

I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4375 on: July 27, 2011, 11:27:57 AM »

ok, i understand. sorry for bothering u, and here is my last question:

cant u make his grab use his web in all throws? it would make it really unique, and u only need sheiks chain, maybe its not possible due to filesize, if so, sorry, but as u should know, i dont know anymore than the very basics of PSA (heck, i even made u some questions through PM some time ago)

SiLeNtDo0m
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

« Reply #4376 on: July 27, 2011, 11:45:50 AM »

ok, i understand. sorry for bothering u, and here is my last question:

cant u make his grab use his web in all throws? it would make it really unique, and u only need sheiks chain, maybe its not possible due to filesize, if so, sorry, but as u should know, i dont know anymore than the very basics of PSA (heck, i even made u some questions through PM some time ago)

I think this could be possible actually.  Well, if the file size is too big I can resort to the throws that I had before.

Dimes
    Mega Kitten

Aurora Master

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4377 on: July 27, 2011, 11:50:46 AM »

Well, here's my 2 cents:

I love Spidey. The freedom of movement he has makes comboing a dream. I don't really understand the programming and what not that constitutes the making of a PSA, but it's extremely fun to use so I think you've hit the mark with this one. I eagerly await the final product.

As for Zero, I think a lot of people have already said what I'm about to say. I like the attention to the hair in the wait animation. That kind of stuff is all it takes to add a sense of realism. I think the run is fine in comparison to the source material, but there's something about it that I just can't seem to put my finger on. You and I seem to have similar feelings about the Z-Saber in the AAA animations. The enlarged saber does come off as rather grotesque, and I've always felt that saber appears to get longer and curvier, not wider, when he attacks. The animations themselves are looking pretty good though.

I haz an art thread. Feel free to revive it: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=28091.0

Thanks to Star-Stella for my sig!

Rayn
    Extreme Kitten

I gotta learn to fall asleep at reasonable hours..

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4378 on: July 27, 2011, 05:09:59 PM »

Vee and Random's Bucketson | Happily married to Velen
    Personas:
    Luxord (Kingdom Hearts)
    Renard/NegaRen (Lapfox Trax)
    Louis (Left 4 Dead)
    Vinyl Scratch (My Little Pony)
    The Kid (Bastion)
    Tumblr!

SiLeNtDo0m
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

« Reply #4379 on: July 27, 2011, 05:18:14 PM »

Well, here's my 2 cents:

I love Spidey. The freedom of movement he has makes comboing a dream. I don't really understand the programming and what not that constitutes the making of a PSA, but it's extremely fun to use so I think you've hit the mark with this one. I eagerly await the final product.

As for Zero, I think a lot of people have already said what I'm about to say. I like the attention to the hair in the wait animation. That kind of stuff is all it takes to add a sense of realism. I think the run is fine in comparison to the source material, but there's something about it that I just can't seem to put my finger on. You and I seem to have similar feelings about the Z-Saber in the AAA animations. The enlarged saber does come off as rather grotesque, and I've always felt that saber appears to get longer and curvier, not wider, when he attacks. The animations themselves are looking pretty good though.

Thanks dude, great minds think alike XD  But yeah, I'll be changing the sword in the model for a graphic.  You see, with Eldiran's Zero the sword isn't actually Link's sword vertexed, but it's Link's sword glow shaped and set to his wrist.  It's a very cool system, and it can be scaled and still look nice (shown best by Zero's charged up F Smash).  Of course, my Zero won't have the blade on the wrist.  Infact, the blade will only be out when he attacks.  But that's how it works.  We won't have to see that horrible "mess of polygons" sword.

As far as Spidey is going, I had to redo the Win1 animation entirely because it moved incorrectly before.  Now it looks much better, lasts longer and actually moves properly.  I've also made the Win3 animation.  It's much much simpler.  He just hands on a web, goes "peace out" and zips up off the screen.

Pages:  1 ... 289 290 291 [292] 293 294 295 ... 515
    Print
    Jump to: