Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bringing down file sizes  (Read 1172 times)
JDub
Extreme Kitten

See You Space Cowboy

• Awards Fiery Topic Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « on: June 29, 2010, 07:13:47 AM »

I'm working on a stage hack for Temple but I'm pretty sure it goes over the file size limit. Is there anyway I can make the file size smaller? And if I use .rel's to port the stage to another stage would the file size limit change?

Beyond
    ♥God of Love
    Special Access

...but nothing happened...

• Awards Hey! Listen! Ceiling Cat Active Contributor >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 07:20:41 AM »

I'm working on a stage hack for Temple but I'm pretty sure it goes over the file size limit. Is there anyway I can make the file size smaller? And if I use .rel's to port the stage to another stage would the file size limit change?
    Remove any unnecessary models and textures. That's pretty much all you can do. Different stages have different file size limits, usually the larger the original filesize the higher filesize limit it has.

If you use .rels to port it over to another stage, the limit wont change.

??_?
    Attention. I have your Attention.
    Holy Kitten

PM me or something

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 08:19:26 AM »

Thats Ironic because that certain issue delayed a stage of mines that I was supposed to release, for about almost a week Lol

First off (theres an explanation)

Storage problems for stages is an EXTREMELY rare situation, for it happens by having TOO many textures, TOO many models, or too much data on a stage with limited Model Datas, because Model Datas are what extends the space, for example

If you have about 80 textures on a Final Destination based stage, and tons of big models, it will probably load but it would have very odd effects, or would just crash the game overall Lol

So this is solved by adding Model Datas, which allow more storage space and allow you to add more things to your stages

Im not sure the file size limit although I would have to guess probably around 8-10MB but that would be almost impossible for you would have to have TONS of Models and TONS of textures applying to MULTIPLE models in each Model Data of a stage like Big Blue or something, so thats not an issue

But if you ever have a storage space issue (again which is rare) then delete some unused textures, delete some unused models, or add more model datas (which is an upside because it would allow your stage to be compatible with more stages without the use of a .rel)

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: